5.0 out of 5 stars thumbs up
Published on 29 Jun 2011 by bizzylizzy

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay!
I was a novice to Yoga, I loved this DvD there was a lot of information in it, nice step by steps and pleanty of different things to do. I didn't really get into Yoga so didn't really notice any weight loss or toning (just wasn't my thing) but the steps are helpful and I would deffientally recommend this if anyone seriously wants to take Yoga up!
Published 12 months ago by Samantha

5.0 out of 5 stars thumbs up, 29 Jun 2011
This review is from: Yogalates 8: Dynamic Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
I've followed Louise Solomon DVD's for maybe the past 10 years and must say (I'm now 51), they have kept me toned (and sane!), just when I think she can't 'invent' anything else, along comes another DVD. With practise these become a pleasure not a chore. Once your core is toned and strong it seems to stay that way. As all my friends are shrinking with age I now stand tall (It's great!). Start now while you can. It's worth it. I particularly like the cardio section (done outdoors) which is a new venture for Louise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 16 Jan 2011
This review is from: Yogalates 8: Dynamic Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
I do love Louise Solomon's yogalates and this is my forth of her yogalates DVD's. I love yoga and have been doing it on and off for 25 years but got into pilates because of Louise's yogalates.

This one is spilt into 4 sections with the 1st section lasting approx 25 minutes targeting abs and arms, the 2nd section lasting approx 25 minutes targeting the legs, bum and tum, the 3rd section is a cardio all over body workout which lasts approx 15 minutes, this section was mostly yoga poses in the form of the sun salutation with fast flowing poses that get the heart pumping.

My plan is to follow the sun salutation first thing in the mornings as this is a real engergiser and will keep you awake if you do it at night! And in the evenings to do the two 25 minute work outs. These two work outs were quite hard but nothing strenuous and within a few weeks of doing them you will get used to them.

What i love about Louise's DVD's is that they are so gentle and relaxing - i feel quite pious after doing them!

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, 20 Jan 2011
This review is from: Yogalates 8: Dynamic Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
Hi I am a lady gardener(50+) who keeps fit and healthy throught the gardening season but Jan - Mar is a time I really need to tone up and keep in shape.

I have never brought a 'keep fit' video before as it really isn't my scene throwing myself around like a demented Morris Dancer! Then I looked at this DVD and I thought I would give it a try...as my jelly belly isn't looking to hot!

Well,I know it is early days, but I have soooo enjoyed the workouts. I do Workout One first thing in the morning and then either Workouts Two or Three later in the day. I do that 4 times a week and it's starting to show. I haven't told my partner about my workouts as my goal is to be more toned to fit into a special dress by Valentines day! ....I think short term goals are good.

Anyway I wish you all well... hopefully my review has encouraged you too.
Kind regards
Jules

4.0 out of 5 stars Great exercise and relaxation, 12 Jun 2012
This review is from: Yogalates 8: Dynamic Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
Clear instructions, easy to follow and great for exercising and relaxation at home. Especially good if you have limited time and can't afford to go to the gym.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best yoga/pilates, 27 Jan 2011
This review is from: Yogalates 8: Dynamic Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
I have to say I find Louis Solomon the best teacher I have come across in yoga/pilates. I have all 7 of her dvd,s and you can do just one 15-30 min workout or carry on to do up to three with most of them. Her voice is wonderfully soothing and I find once you have watched the dvd once you can continue with the workouts by just listening to her instructions. They are precise and structured and continual, you will not loose your way but can always take a peak if you are not sure of the position! She also instructs you continually when to breathe / inhale and exhale, this is Very Important in yoga and so many instructors do not tell you which breath to take with which movement. I have many dvds and can honestly say that in 7 years of doing yoga and pilates she is the best instructor,which is why I have all her dvds, secondly if you like just yoga , Ursuls Karvens power yoga runs well along side these dvds to do once a week or more. 10 out of 10 to Louis though.Everyone I have suggested these dvd,s to have loved them as well. Do 15 ,30 mins or more most days and together with a reasonably healthy (after all we all need treats this is 2011!))controlled low fat diet you will see a difference after a couple of months.We all have, especially in our abs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable Results, 22 Jan 2012
This review is from: Yogalates 8: Dynamic Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
I've only used this for less than 2 weeks but quite simply, the results are remarkable. I've never done either Yoga or Pilates before and my days of being a gym bunny are long past. Within just four days doing the routine daily I could see results. I have suffered with terrible back pain in the past but I found the routine fairly easy (there are a few challenging parts that I have now mastered) and generally gentle and calming to do. My core strength has improved dramatically and muscle defiinition has become quite pronounced.
There have been a number of comments about Louise's 'annoying' voice. Personally, I don't agree. She is softly spoken with a gentle Australian accent and I found her whole delivery clear and calming. I even surprised myself with how readily I actually relaxed at the end of the routine. I have gained a huge sense of well being in doing this DVD and look forward to mastering the others I have bought. I can't comment on any dramatic weight loss as I have been watching what I eat anyway and although I have experienced some weight loss I can't honestly put it down to using this DVD. I have however, experienced inch loss through rapid toning, especially on my back and legs.
I've loved it. An absolute pleasure to get such great results without hours of sweating in the gym.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Yogalates DVD yet, 29 April 2011
Amazon Customer (Comberton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yogalates 8: Dynamic Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
I own all the Yogalates DVDs and I have been practising for about a year. In my opinion this is the best Yogalates DVD sofar. The instructions are clear and the relaxation section is longer and more comprehensive than in previous efforts. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to build both their mind and body.

I do a lot of running and I find that Yogalates is a perfect complement to my running regime as it strengthens my core and develops muscles I did not I had.

For the complete beginners I would probably recommend the Yogalates for Weightloss instead though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it love it love it, 19 Feb 2011
CF (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yogalates 8: Dynamic Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
The latest installment in the Yogalates franchise is fabulous. It has plenty of new postures to try and is co-ordinated in a great way. I particularly like the cardio-enhancer session towards the end of the DVD. If you do the whole DVD in one go it takes about 1.5 hours. Or you can choose from 3 separate workouts. I hope Louise Soloman continues to produce DVD's of this quality. They are always a pleasure to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Want to feel good, then buy this dvd, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: Yogalates 8: Dynamic Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
I have the Total Body Toner dvd in this series of Louis Solomon, Yogalates so I thought I would try the Weight loss one and I'm not disappointed, another really good dvd, more intense than the other, this gives a really good workout, especially the abs section, I always feel good when Ive finished and there are 3 sections so you can pick which ones you want to do or do them all, I tend to do the cardio section first.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 2 July 2012
Kim (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yogalates 8: Dynamic Weight Loss [DVD] (DVD)
Louise Solomon has a lovely style and her DVD's are full of variety and are hugely enjoyable and good value for money. Highly recommended if you like both yoga and pilates.

Yogalates 8: Dynamic Weight Loss [DVD]
Yogalates 8: Dynamic Weight Loss [DVD] by Louise Solomon (DVD - 2010)