on 26 December 2011
A good, grown up's jigsaw. Pretty and colourful quayside houses; plenty of interest throughout the picture. Fully interlocking pieces.
Good value for money.
on 24 March 2014
As other reviewers have stated, some of the pieces fit more than one place and if the colour is samey then there can be a lot of tedious back-tracking and replacing pieces to get the right order.
Although the pieces are of a good quality, I found that when one was placed wrongly then it was hard to get back out without disrupting what you'd already done leading to a lot of cursing on my part.
The picture of Tobermory itself is very good as a puzzle but because of the reasons mentioned above I'm only going to mark this 3 out of 5 and because of those same reasons I won't be doing the puzzle again but instead being giving to my local charity shop.
I have to admit I won't be buying a Gibsons jigsaw again.
One reviewer complained there was 5 pieces missing from their puzzle, I actually got an extra piece, now if we can just track down the other 4........................... maybe quality control was on holiday that week.

I'll just stick to my favourite Wasgij puzzles.
on 22 January 2013
Good quality pieces, clear image printed onto them. However the sky is very ambiguous with several pieces fitting in 2/3 places. I had to unpick the sky edge several times. Fortunately there isn't a lot of sky, and it isn't so much of a problem in the rest of the puzzle. Fun to have the contrasting colours of the houses. I enjoyed it overall.
on 3 September 2015
This is an absolutely beautiful picture which is difficult to complete due to the reflected elements, but well worth the effort. We spend hours on this one, and were delighted that we'd persevered. A perfect puzzle for the real jigsaw enthusiast.
on 8 August 2015
As others have mentioned some of the pieces appear to fit in other places and at times you have to undo parts to fit in all the pieces. This is not uncommon to Gibsons puzzles. I always seem to struggle with the sky and chose this because there wasn't much sky. It helped having the seagulls (never thought of seagulls being helpful!) I found the top left hand corner particularly difficult and found it a little frustrating having to unpick
sections several times but that's all part of the challenge and increases your sense of achievement at the end. Needless to say I did manage to complete it. Take care when removing pieces as they can easily get damaged and good light is an advantage especially when completing the sky.
on 17 March 2015
A satisfying puzzle. As others have mentioned, some pieces are very similar. This did not bother me, but might be a problem for those who are longsighted or working on it in poor light. Hence 4 stars instead of 5. If you're not sure it fits, it probably doesn't, so try another piece. It can also be hard to disconnect two wrongly-fitted pieces, so be careful not to bend the pieces as they are pulled apart. Other than that, colourful and challenging in places, which I like, until the momentum gets going! Happy with my purchase; no pieces missing.
on 25 January 2016
Totally agree with other 3 star review. Sky area nearly impossible because colour variation small and more than one piece will do. Have 15 pieces of sky which can be fit variously. Am giving up (age 80) and my daughter age 50 agrees it is a cheat.
on 25 June 2014
High quality, lovely image, great mix of challenge and enjoyment. It's not too easy to be dull and boring, not too hard to drive you nuts. I loved doing it, as did my husband. We are in our 40's.
on 18 November 2013
I bought this for a xmas gift for my partner as we have booked a holiday there next year. I generally like Gibsons puzzles as thay are not flimsy in any way. The picture on this one is wonderful
on 30 March 2015
smashing jigsaw looks as hard as the last one I finished. looking forward to starting it. Glad I bought the puzzle board as it makes it a lot easier to complete the jigsaw.