5.0 out of 5 stars Just loved this Book
I bought this Book to read as I was interested in both Egypt and Some one converting to Islam. Have really loved reading this book and how she came into Islam.I would really recommend this book whether you are interested in Islam or not . It is not a preachy type of book it is very open .
Published 23 months ago by Noora

3.0 out of 5 stars The ending lets the book down.
Published 1 month ago by booboolina

5.0 out of 5 stars Just loved this Book, 17 May 2012
This review is from: The Butterfly Mosque: A Young Woman's Journey To Love and Islam (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent and though provoking read, 5 stars, 28 Jan 2013
G. Willow Wilson is a superb writer. After being out of the swing of reading for a few years, this book made it both easy and pleasurable to curl up and get lost in the text. The way it is written is engaging and intelligent, anyone can follow Wilson's thought process as if they are living the story themselves. There are issues which are addressed in this book which leave a lasting impression with the reader, and I personally found myself not only seeing things from the points of view of many different types of people, but also learning invaluable lessons about different societies and different cultures. I felt that I could relate to Willow' s situation of belonging to different nationalities but sometimes feeling alien amongst my people. I will continue to think about this book and would definitely recommend it to everyone, it is a fantastic read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sensitive and beautiful book....., 19 Feb 2011
This gem of a book is well worth the read. I bought it one day, as I saw it on a bookshop shelf.....and it is so sensitively written. AS a british convert to Islam, also married to an Egyptian, I really connected to the author and her beautiful description of conversion, the struggle for being understood across two continents, 2 religions, and her description of Cairo (all the more interesting given recent events) make it a stunning debut book from a young writer.
It is in part a book about religion & identity, a homage to Cairo, a gorgeous love story, and, above all, a book about being true to oneself, whatever the cost...... buy it !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, 14 Jan 2013
Being an English woman also living jn Egypt with an Egyptian husband this book echoed familiarity to me. The author manages to explain situations, feelings & emotions I have long since given up trying to arficulate, as I could neither understand them, nor find the words to explain them. Many times I found myself with wet eyes.
This book has given me a great gift. Inner peace.
Finally I am ready to be true to myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 11 Aug 2011
I got this book from the library yesterday and have finished it by this morning. It is addictive and the way she explains her feelings so well. I'm in the process of reverting and I found the book a very good eye opening read to read weather your Muslim or not she makes sure she highlights both side of the argument fairly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating insight, 29 Mar 2014
An honest and enlightening perspective and a good counterbalance to the many misrepresentations of Islam to be found in the media.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 9 Mar 2014
Great to see the real side of Islam and the hospitality of Egyptians to a American lady. I enjoyed everything about this tale and gained a lot of insight. I hope Willow and her husband enjoyed their time in America but that they settled back easily to life in Cairo.

3.0 out of 5 stars The ending lets the book down., 28 Feb 2014
It was a good book. I especially enjoyed the way she really made the effort to live the way of an Egyptian. However I felt she's so dismissive, nay dare I say condescending of other reverts in Egypt who perhaps have struggled to integrate as well. Also if anything I found her surprisingly judgemental regarding those with long beards. automatically calling them fundamental? Despite this I enjoyed the book yet found the ending a total letdown. So many questions were left unanswered. I presume this may be so she can do a follow up book? if she did would I buy it? Probably but grudgingly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 17 Dec 2013
A tantalising view into the world of everyday Islam written in a compelling style I couldn't put down. I await any sequel with impatience as I would love to know what happens next!

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem, 23 Sep 2013
An open account of a western woman's choice to convert to Islam and embark on an adventure living in Egypt. I am glad I bought this book and really enjoyed reading it! Thank you Willow Wilson! :D

ARRAY(0xa79c8cb4)