Size: 5 Kg|Change

on 16 June 2014
The swans nesting on the grass verge near where I live love this! The female hasn't left her nest for over a month so it's been a lifeline really for her, when I refill her washing up bowl with water and give her the swan feed she extends her neck fully up and makes a 'crock crock' sound from her larynx. Worth buying for the appreciation she gives back! x
55 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 July 2014
BOUGHT THIS FOR A WILD DUCK THAT CAME INTO MY POND. IN THE END SHE CAME BACK EVERY DAY AND ONE DAY EVEN TAPPED ON MY PATIO WINDOW BECAUSE SHE COULD SEE ME IN THERE. GOT HER EVENTUALLY TO EAT IN MY KITCHEN OFF A SMALL BOWL. NEXT YEAR SHE CAME BACK AGAIN WITH A MALE WHO WASN'T SO BRAVE AND LAID EGGS AND YEAR LATER SHE CAME BACK AGAIN. SAYS IT ALL REALLY ABOUT THE FOOD
on 16 May 2014
Ducks started coming to the house, and we started feeding them bread (before discovering that it was not good for them). Decided to try Wild Things Swan and Duck food, to see if they would like it. The absolutely love it, and come back for more every day. The 1.5K bag that I originally bought, went in no time, so I had to put an order in for a 5K bag. The only problem now is that they are, quite often, quacking outside the front door at 6 o clock in the morning, waiting to be fed - hilarious. This is a great product.
VINE VOICEon 7 September 2015
Our local park has been on a campaign to stop people feeding the ducks and swans bread as it doesn't give them any nutrients. I'd tried porrage but it seemed a lot of work for the duckies without much pay off, peas which were ok on land but sunk in the river then tried this. The duck love it, and followed me on mass to get more. So I believe the duck would give it five stars. And it is nice knowing I've fed them something healthy too.
on 11 October 2014
Took this to walk by the riverside and feed the river birds. It was apreciated by all. It's better for them than bread. In the interests of economy, I may buy the 5kg bag next time, now that I am happy that the local water birds are happy to eat it! It is a smaller biscuit size than other brands I have tried, which were sometimes too big for the ducklings abd cygnets - I have no such concerns with this food,
on 17 August 2015
Oh Wow !! The Swans and Ducks on my local nature walk absolutely l-o-v-e this tasty, healthy food (much better for them than bread) and they l-o-v-e me as well !! Moorhens will also take the granules, when they can get a look-in...

Currently a family of mum and 4 nearly full-grown juvenile Mallards (I've known them since they were tiny) will literally come charging towards me from as far as 100 metres away - they have become quite tame, and, once they have scoffed the lot, they will keep following me, ever hopeful of a few more tasty morsels... a bit awkward sometimes (and terrible if I forget to take some with me!)

I was relieved in a way when a pair of swans that had been on the watercourse for several months, cleared off elsewhere in the late spring, they were getting a bit aggressive, hauling themselves out of the water and stomping after me, and hissing when the food ran out..! (P.S. September now, and the swans have returned.... oh dear..!)

The birds will take the food both on the land / sprinkled in the grass, and in the water (which is preferable as it can sometimes get a bit stuck in their gullets without some liquid to help it down). The first 5 kg pack I bought, the granules (each about the size of a small pea) floated well, but those in the second pack seem to sink after less than a minute or so - - this is OK if the water is shallow, the ducks seem happy to upend and grub about for every last morsel (quite entertaining too) - but, in deeper water some food could be wasted, unless you throw only a small amount at a time, so that it all gets scoffed before it sinks.. (Maybe this was a one-off issue with this particular pack - I will update on it due course.
** Update - November 2015 - the third pack I have bought - and the granules in this one seem to float well / do not sink :) **
It's great fun anyway, and nice to know that this food is actually good for them.
review image review image review image
on 27 September 2015
After visiting a park which supplied duck and swan food, as a healthier alternative to bread, I decided to see if I could buy my own in bulk.
It came very quickly and was a pretty big bag!
I took some to a local nature reserve and found all of the species enjoyed it! I fed it to: Moorhens, Mallards, Canadian Geese, Coots, Mute Swans and even some cheeky Black Headed Gulls got in on the action! The Mute Swans seemed to adore it and couldn't eat it fast enough!
It is also easier to throw than huge chunks of bread. Bread is no good for the animals eco system or their health.
I think this is very affordable and I will continue to get this and feed the ducks and swans through the months.
on 17 April 2012
TWO WILD DUCKS HAVE RETURNED FOR THE THIRD YEAR RUNNING AS THEY KNOW I FEED THEM WILD THINGS SWAN AND DUCK FOOD. THEY LITERALLY WAIT BY THE PATIO WINDOW AND HAVE EVEN TAPPED IT WITH THEIR BEAKS IN THE PAST.

MUST BE GOOD AS SECOND YEAR THEY HAVE LAID EGGS
on 16 November 2015
The ducks, geese and swans I feed regularly absolutely love this stuff! I've seen them leave people feeding them bread and flock over when they spot me coming down the river.

It feels good to feed them something nutritional. The fact that it floats and doesn't sink to the bottom and get nasty is a thoughtful feature

My plans for taking over the world with my army of ducks are coming together nicely!
on 2 August 2012
Good value for money and ducks and swans really seem to enjoy it. The granules float, so even on a river you know that they will be eaten by birds.