Flavour Name: Lamb|Size: 15 Kg|Change

on 23 June 2012
I use to use James wellbeloved for my dog 3yo German Shepherd.
As I found any thing with poultry would just run out the other end of him.
Been using this for over a year now and well the compliments we get from vets. Is he the correct weight and has an excellent coat.
We use the guide given on the bag for age and weight and stick to it with the occasional treats.
To be-honest if you look at what is in James wellbeloved you will see exactly the same stuff for more than twice the amount.

Personally I think This is a good buy and with most dog foods you have to change what they are eating gradually or you will get problems.
on 15 May 2012
Purchased this product a few times now. Turns up on time from Amazon, and at a price which I cannot beat anywhere. Beats lugging it from a supermarket every time.

We have a Jack Russell, Border Collie and a Black Labrador, they like this food, which we mix with table scraps if there are any left, and reduce the measures accordingly. Having had dogs all our lives, and used just about every known food,from Supermarket to very expensive, this food seems to give the animals everything they need, their coats are soft and silky.and eyes bright etc. Just watch the smaller breeds as they can pack a few pounds on quite quickly, due to high nutrition value.
on 20 February 2012
we changed our dog on to this food about 8 months ago as our usual (premium) brand was becoming too expensive. As far as I can see the ingredients are practically identical and it's also hypoallergenic. Anyway, he loves the food, his coat is still glossy and he has a wet nose! - what more can you ask?
on 5 February 2012
This dog food is great and easily digestible for my Australian Shepherd. She has wheat/gluten allergies and this dog food does not aggravate her skin. Thumbs up to the recipe as she absolutely loves it!!
on 28 January 2012
I tried this as a substitute for B***s, which I have been feeding my dog for most of his 8 years, but which I was finding increasingly expensive and harder to afford following a change in my personal circumstances. I wanted to feed my dog a good quality food but at a reasonable price, and spent some time researching the ingredients of various brands. He has been on Harringtons for about a month now, and it may be early days, but I would say so far so good. He enjoys it, it looks very similar to B***s, and he is as fit and healthy as ever. Also it is not full of the c**p and unnecessary ingredients that so many, even so-called "top" brands contain (excluding B***s I have to say, which I believe is GOOD if pricey). So I would say, yes, give it a go, it seems to be decent stuff and it is very reasonably priced.
on 8 February 2013
Unfortunately, after my initial excitement over this food, I have had to start looking for something different. I have two springer spaniels, and whilst the puppy seems to be doing OK at the moment, my two year old is not a happy dog at all. For about a year she was fine on both the lamb and rice and the turkey and veg Harringtons complete mixes. Since November (2012) however, she's had numerous bouts of diarrhea, she's constantly itchy, sometimes licking areas until they bleed, and now it appears she has what I think is a yeast infection in her ears.

Because we also got the new puppy in November, I have given the older dog some time, thinking that the symptoms might be stress related, but three months down the line they get on fantastic which makes me think it just can't be stress. Having done some research online (just type in Harringtons dog food into google and you can see for yourself) quite a number of dogs fed on Harringtons have skin problems caused, they say, by allergies to the maize content. How much they use is not listed, however it's one of the first things listed under 'Composition' (on the reverse of the bag) which usually identifies a main ingredient.

Don't get me wrong, the older dog seemed to thrive on the food at first. Her coat was shiny, she had plenty of energy, she always ate it and was happy and lively with it, but I do think that long term exposure to the maize content finally caught up with her.

Ultimately, I am sure certain dogs would be probably be fine with this food, but if you already know that your dog has a sensitive tummy, I'd stay clear.
33 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 April 2015
Helps our dog with his unsettled stomach. When we first had the 2nd of our two Whippets, we realised that no matter what food we gave him - it didn't last long before it ran out of the other end. To the point that over a period of 6 or so months we tried 3 different major brands (not the cheap ones) in the hope that it'll help settle him. During this time he was still nice and healthy, the vet suspected colitis so he was on tablets for that.

In the end we opted for this food (after a recommendation by a friend), almost overnight it made a difference. His stomach settled lovely and the stools became more regular, so we decided to keep the faith with this food. About 3 months after we initially bought this his stools were 'normal' and no more runny ones.

It's been over a year now since we first started buying this food, the price is fantastic (other 15kg bags we tried were £50+) and the quality is no different to any other top-of-the-range brand.

In all, if you have a dog that suffers from an unsettled tummy then do try this food, it'll make a big difference.

To note: our other Whippet has a stomach of steel and she also loves this food :)
on 19 March 2012
This tasty (for dogs!) dog food is highly recommended to all. The food is well made using good quality products, comes is an easily digestible kibble for all size dogs and is offered in a time and money saving 15kg bag. Try it and see.
on 18 March 2012
This item arrived almost by return of order. The dogs love it, as yet to try the turkey. The kibble is just the right size for all sizes of the dogs.

Please do not change the recipe as some manufacturers do. An excellent food with a sensible price
on 28 May 2012
My dogs love this food. 2 of them suffer from delicate tummys and this food is spot on for them! I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants a quality; yet affordable food for their dogs.