5.0 out of 5 stars I swear by this magic stuff, change my life!
Stinky cat litter tray, sodden clump of yuk at the bottom, know the story? I did.

This stuff is totally different, it just sucks up moisture and even dessicates (mummyfies LOL) cat poo into the bargain.

Basically the tray is dry, several weeks. I scoop out the solids and it looks pretty much as new.

As it ages it will go yellow or less...
Published on 15 Aug 2012 by SteveINtheUKok

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose
I bought this for my cat after reading the fantastic reviews about the lack of smell and the dry litter trays and how one small bag has lasted people up to 2 weeks; I thought this would revolutionise litter trays for ever!!
Published 8 months ago by Bevy

5.0 out of 5 stars I swear by this magic stuff, change my life!, 15 Aug 2012
SteveINtheUKok "SteveINtheUKok" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bob Martin Anti-Bacterial Litter Crystals 4.2 Lt (Misc.)

As it ages it will go yellow or less opaque whiteish than when new, but it keeps on working.

When you do change it, the bottom of the tray is bone dry.

I only change it when it begins to smell a little, that is how I know its wearing out.

Otherwise no smells, no damp odours, its a miracle.

As I say I swear by this, I love it, the cats are much happier, used it now for several months and converted friends over to it too.

Just clean and disifect your tray before filling it with this, you can mix it with normal litter if your cats are fussy and need a slow changeover, but mine went to it like a duck to water.

And remember it lasts weeks, not days, thats a LOT of less bags of HEAVY wet litter to dispose of and even better, no carrying it home from the supermarket, Amazon delivers :-)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 30 April 2014
Bevy "dawn- walker" (Kings Lynn, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bob Martin Anti-Bacterial Litter Crystals 4.2 Lt (Misc.)
Unfortunately I have found this is not the case. I put the full bag in my cats litter tray 4 days ago and already it is sodden, bright yellow and leaving the bottom of the tray wet - it looks absolutely disgusting.
Yes, it did reduce the horrible urine smell and dry out the poo, so a big thumbs up for that, but it's now not fit for my cat to use and I've had to change the whole tray again, £4 in 4 days!
I've used catsan for years now and it's been brilliant, it's £10 for 20 litres which lasts me at least 4 changes and it does what it says on the packet.

Personally I will not be buying this product again due to the cost and the lack of dry litter - oh also it really really hurts when stood on!

On the plus side I phoned Amazon to complain and was given a refund immediately.

I would say if you cat isn't a big wee'er or will go elsewhere such as outside then this product may be perfect for you, but my cat is a litter tray only girl so was no good to her.
Purchase with caution!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cat Litter, EVER!, 2 Aug 2012
Ms. E. Buckley (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bob Martin Anti-Bacterial Litter Crystals 4.2 Lt (Misc.)
I had been caring for cats for the last 22 years. Over that time, I've used a variety of different kinds of litter. So many of them say they will do something but this litter actually delivers on it's packaging promise.
My cat used the litter straight away, he didn't need to have his old litter mixed in with it. There was no smell of cat wee and it's easy to see where he went as the crystals he peed on turn yellow.
I would recommend mixing the litter about a bit to make sure urine doesn't pool at the bottom of the tray.

If I had to think of some constructive criticism for this product, I would say, the bag should be bigger and also, when the litter is fully saturated, that can appear quite sudden if you're cat is a big drinker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rolls Royce of cat litter, 19 Sep 2014
niki j turner "njturner" (Surrey) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bob Martin Anti-Bacterial Litter Crystals 4.2 Lt (Misc.)
Excellent product. When my daughter recently bought a cat I was worried about getting the correct cat litter. Well, this was the only one I could find at the time we started using it; How things have changed over the years. Before it was a messy messy business cleaning up cat litter. Now with these crystals it is amazing. It stops odours and is so much more hygenic. It is a bit expensive but if you are savvy you can easily reuse parts of the litter as you can easily see which parts are "dirty ;-)"
I did notice that you can get this litter in a bigger size that works out much cheaper so next time I will not get this size but the larger one and save money. I will not be buying the cheaper inferior litter but will stick with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars WE LOVE our babies we do NOT however love their seemingly ..., 20 Oct 2014
This review is from: Bob Martin Anti-Bacterial Litter Crystals 4.2 Lt (Misc.)
as most of my reviews will show, we are a HUGELY cat centric household.
WE LOVE our babies
we do NOT however love their seemingly undying ability to poo/wee
we have tried the following;
wood pellets (precious paws refused to even stand on them so was bailed on after about 90 mins)
catsan (was the market leader until we discovered product up for review currently)
thomas clay litter (soggy moggy)
soil; lets not even go there
bob martin is simply the best option out there
we have two VERY healthy cats with efficient colons. we fine a daily scoop (into a plastic bag and int he rubbish, will last 2 very "productive" cats 5-7 days. we are in a small flat and incredibly sensitive to smell, as are they, maybe longer in a larger space?
there has been comments about the sharpness of the crystals damaging little pink paws.
i inspect their feet daily, never seen so much an agitation

things that help with smell, maybe I'm opening myself up to detrimental comments but;
bicarb. of soda, by the bucket load
shake and vac
air freshening reeds

i stir the crystals every day to absorb any all pools or urine

i clean the tray out thoroughly in the sink/toilet with disinfectant and allow to air dry

we have just purchased an automatic cat toilet. name will not be mentioned, watch this space for review

5.0 out of 5 stars different from others, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Bob Martin Anti-Bacterial Litter Crystals 4.2 Lt (Misc.)
This cat litter is very different from others I've used. It clumps really well and doesn't stick to paws, so doesn't end up on carpet outside litter tray. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Bob Martin Anti-Bacterial Litter Crystals 4.2 Lt (Misc.)
It is what I was looking for, with theses crystals you only have to change once a month (for one cat)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lasts longer, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: Bob Martin Anti-Bacterial Litter Crystals 4.2 Lt (Misc.)
These are nice crystals, they do last a good while if you have one cat, if like me you have three cats, its can work out expensive. It does cover smells of the urine type, however for number 2s it really is diabolical, especially if you have a kitten who thinks that the crystals are too horrible to cover up his business. Overall I would recommend it

4.0 out of 5 stars in my humble opinion this is by far the best.., 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Bob Martin Anti-Bacterial Litter Crystals 4.2 Lt (Misc.)
Having tried all known available cat litter products, in my humble opinion this is by far the best... In my own personal experience, I have been using this and only this cat litter for at least the last 4 years with 2 indoor cats... I use it in an enclosed litter tray with a cat flap entry and carbon fibre filters, I clean the the solid 'crap' out regularly yet find after about 7 or 8 days I have to change it because 8 to 9 days and it starts to smell and the bottom of the tray will be wet... This has been the case for as long as I've been using it so it's not just a bad bag or a bad week with my cats, but is time proven... Also, after 7 to 8 days and the vast majority of white crystals are now yellow having absorbed the urine... That said, prior to the 7 to 8 days there is absolutely no smell whatsoever and it is by far the easiest to clean and keep clean... Just a bit disappointing that, given I have 2 cats, it doesn't last half as long as it should and is quite a bit more expensive than others... ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars did the job, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: Bob Martin Anti-Bacterial Litter Crystals 4.2 Lt (Misc.)
It is certainly far better than the regular cat litter and the colour makes it easier to see where to scoop out as well as when it needs changing. Odour was hardly noticable.

Bob Martin Anti-Bacterial Litter Crystals 4.2 Lt