Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change

on 27 December 2015
I use these woodchips as cat litter and I can honestly say it's FAR better and cheaper than ANY
Cat Litter I've ever used. The pine oils in the woodchips must neutralise the cat urine odours as I
can never smell any foul smells whilst changing the litter. I scoop the solids out with a plastic scoop and bag them
in doggy poo bags and put them in the regular non-recyclable refuse. The woodchips, being natural and plant-based
can be composted for use in the garden or put in your local Council Compost Recycling Bin.

The Woodchips come packaged in a thick, transparent plastic bag and boxed in a sturdy cardboard box. Stupidly enough,
the manufacturer has failed to put any details of the weight/dimensions etc on the package. But these are as follows...

155 Litres IS THE ACTUAL VOLUME. This is then compressed into the sizes below:

Weight about 22lb/10kg
It's approximately 23" tall
19" width
8" depth
If the manufacturer had used some common sense and marketing skills and actually bothered to list the details above
not only would they SELL more, they'd get far LESS complaints. Idiots!

The woodchips are soft, with no sharp edges or twiggy bits. I've been using these for the past 9 months or so with no problems.

They are SUPERB value, as they are delivered to your door for FREE!!! The same size package is available at a High Street Pet Shop Chain
for about £12 but you have to drive there to get it, shove it in your car, battle through trafiic.. you get the picture.
review image review image review image review image review image
on 18 September 2014
Not good value compared to what I normally buy and this definitely is not 155 litres, the sizing is incorrect. This might seem ok value if you are used to paying pet store chain prices, but I have previously bought a horse bale of woodshavings for the same price as this and it lasts 3 times as long. I will be going back to buying what I normally get from a shop as at least it's better value despite not being delivered to the door. Was really disappointed in the size of the pack of this one and it is described incorrectly. There is no way there is 155 litres in here, the one I normally buy from an independent store is 120 litres and that is way bigger than this.
on 28 January 2015
The Pettex Chippets Woodchips 155 Liter, are definitely not 155 Litres.

They are at most 60 litres. This is not very good value for money at all and at least half the size of the woodchips we get from our local pet supply store for the same amount of money £9.99.

The quality is okay, a little bit dustier then usual, however the issue we have is not with the quality it is with the misleading volume. We purchase compressed woodchips of the same amount yet the bag is much larger.

This bag measure 59cm H 40cm W 19cm D.
on 15 April 2016
We have purchased this twice for our guinea pigs before we have found a better equivalent, because at that time it was the best we could find.

Another reason we decided to get this was that it is delivered to your door, we do not own a car so this was very convenient!

After opening we have noticed the woodchips were very dusty and we were a bit concerned about safety of our guinea pigs but have used it assuming it's going to be fine. They were a bit sneezy when their bedding was changed and I must say we were too, when handling the woodchips. It's definitely not very 'dust extracted' as the description claims...

We have now found out that in Wilko they sell a similiar size pack for £3.99, it is less compressed so it contains slightly less woodchips but still better value and quality... This gives us no reason to repurchase this and I have to give this 3 stars only because the quality is disappointing. But if you don't have a Wilko nearby I guess it's cheaper than buying small packs that are expensive. Or you could try using fleece as bedding, which is much better for your piggies, you have to deal with nasty laundry after though, so that only works for some people.

Thank you for reading and if you find my review helpful, please let me know by clicking 'Yes' below. Also feel free to ask questions, I take only a few hours to reply.
on 9 February 2015
This is an absolute rip off. The bale is very small and the bag is 50 liters max. The description should be changed.
You can buy three times as much for the same price in any good pet supply store or online shop.
the only + is the extra fast delivery.
on 24 April 2016
The quality of the shaving are fantastic they provide a nice soft base on the floor for a cage and they wood shavings are not too fine unlike a lot of other cheap brands of woods having I will defiantly be buying these again
on 18 May 2016
best woodchips ever! very good product for the money it costs. use it on my guinea pigs cage. no dust at all and it lasts for over 2 months if you use it every other day on guinea pigs cage.
on 10 March 2014
Perfect for our chinchillas! It didn't look like there was a lot when it arrived but once opened you realise just how much there is as it's packaged highly compact! Good quality will definitely purchase again - great value for money!
on 26 April 2016
Very fast delivery and you get a lot for your money
on 5 May 2016
I buy this often. Use it to layer under rabbits straw in the litter tray. Nice price and very good delivery every time