5.0 out of 5 stars Koralia Nano 900 Pump
Published on 21 Feb 2012 by Marcomminx

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job - but loudly
Mine, like many others has developed the 'hum' sound within a couple of hours of putting it in.
By turning off and on or disassembling and reassembling, the hum is stopped - but it soon comes back.

I will look at a more perm fix at the weekend at which point I may change my rating - but it hasn't been a 'fit and forget' item so far.
Published 14 months ago by Mr C Smith

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Koralia Nano 900 Pump, 21 Feb 2012
Just what was wanted - an easy to fit circulation pump for my 120 litre Juwel marine tank. I wanted a pump that was not too strong, all others I had tried kept upsetting my cynarinas even though the jet was not on them directly. This provides a good flow and is easy to direct. The pump is also quiet and easily removed for cleaning as it is held on by a magnet on the other side of the glass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fluval Edge 46L Koralia Nano review, 8 Mar 2012
A. J. Cable (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my Fluval Edge 46L marine set up and it is perfect. Good value can recommend. Remeber this is designed for nano tanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hydor Koralia 1600, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Hydor Koralia Nano 1600 Circulation and Wave Pump (Misc.)
A little skeptical with this pump due to size and performance and a couple of negative reviews....Thanks Amazon for the very fast delivery....Once in position this small piece of kit helped direct water flow to dead spots in my 6" x 3" x 3" reducing maintenance, you wouldn't know it was there ultra silent no vibration at all suction cup with magnet in center. ; ) absolutely love it,buy the best it's worth every penny.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job - but loudly, 23 May 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars good flow - but vibration noise is annoying., 4 May 2013
Mr. Russell A. Thomas (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hydor Koralia Nano 1600 Circulation and Wave Pump (Misc.)
I needed a circulation pump for my 180Ltr Juwel Vision tank. I am going the planted route with heavy water movement and this tiny item fits the bill. Easy to install with the suction cup/magnetic feature. Sadly I have two issues with it....

1) The mains cord is rather short - may or may not be an issue for you.
2) The pump is noisy! I believe this to be vibration noise but it is annoying as I have my aquarium next to my bed. Moving it around a bit does help alleviate this a little, but the noise is still there. I am going to experiment a bit to see if I can add anything that can dampen the noise (maybe some thin cloth/felt) - will update if this works.

The pump is good, the angling options are 'meh' but are not an issue for me as I have pointed it head on to the front of my tank from the back. Flow is definitely there, and it isn't a washing machine effect - so it is a smooth flow. The cord length is a bit too short and the vibration noise is definitely the faults that are not making me super happy. Hopefully my mod with felt will fix this issue.

I think 3.5*s is fair considering the bugs I have with it. Maybe in a different setup this wont be much of an issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little thing, 7 Dec 2011
Very good little power head, you just have to make sure ALL the air is out of it. I had to diassemble mine and reassemble under water to stop rattling noises. now runs silently though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat pump, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: Hydor Koralia Nano 1600 Circulation and Wave Pump (Misc.)
Purchased 2 pumps for a 4ft tank. Neat pumps, well made and compact. Good magnetic suction mounting, cuts down noise and vibration. Very quiet in operation with good flow. Good value.

3.0 out of 5 stars does the job but loudly, 10 Sep 2013
I bought this for a 90l tank to create some flow deeper down than my filter could reach and help reduce algae growth on my plants, which it does seem to be doing. It produces enough flow to wiggle the plant leaves but not so much that my guppies drown. However, it's hardly silent. It's not really really loud either but it's noticeable and therefore, for me at least, annoying. I read that a reviewer of a similar Hydor product had disassembled and then reassembled it underwater to sort out the vibration noise. I did this and it worked ... for about two days. The noise just came back like before. The noise isn't irritating me enough to want to remove the powerhead, since it is doing a good job in all other respects. I'm definitely not 100% happy with it though.

5.0 out of 5 stars better than more expensive ones, 18 July 2013
This review is from: Hydor Koralia Nano 1600 Circulation and Wave Pump (Misc.)
checked this pump up on the internet as I had a dead spot back of my juwel aquarium at the side of my filter box does the job brilliantly just a very low hum when first fitted after running in you have to put your ear right to the side off the aquarium you cant tell its on well worth every penny the flow as worked on my dead spot

5.0 out of 5 stars very good product..., 9 Mar 2013
Gökhan (Munich, Germany) - See all my reviews
I have just bought this pump for my 60L aquarium. I am very pleased in every way- noiseless and powerful operation. I'd definitely recommend...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›