4.0 out of 5 stars Not Secret Anymore
I saw these two ladies on the BBC breakfast sofa this morning. They sang one song from thier new album, and it sounded like something I used to hear one of my teacher playing at school. There voices are so pure and clear. There is a sense of freshness about them that I have not heard in a while.

Their debut album is a collection of songs that many of a...
Published on 22 Feb 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars pleasant
Nice mellow music to have in the background.I found it strange to start off with but gradually started liking it more.if u r looking for something to buy yr dad,then this is it.
Published on 11 April 2011 by maria

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Secret Anymore, 22 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Secret Sisters (Audio CD)

Their debut album is a collection of songs that many of a mature nature will instantly recognise. It is a simple album. By today's standards anyway. It is easy on the ear and will no doubt appeal to those who like music from a by gone era that has stood the test of time. There is a growing appreciation for this 'retro' sound amongst younger music lovers. One only has to look at the likes of Lily Allen.

Because of its simplicity and ease, there is however the danger that it will get lost as it is not the type of music that will got the widest playing on radio. However I enjoyed it and I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Secret Sisters CD, 9 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Secret Sisters (Audio CD)
Watched them for the first time of Jools Hollands New Years Eve Bash, then on BBC Breakfast so had to buy the cd. This is a fantastic cd, all the songs are great and have found myself playing it daily, cant wait for them to bring out future cds. I am sure they will go far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Secret's Out!, 8 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Secret Sisters (Audio CD)
I heard them of BBC Women's Hour - and ordered the CD same day. Am not disappointed! This is today's and yesterday's country music at its best and their voices are just superb, clear and confident, beautiful, harmonious, what else can I say? The age of retro fashion has really suited these girls, and old songs haven't lost their zing over the years, the way they sing them. Upbeat, a musical lift on a dreary morning.

Very great shame it is not longer. But at the Amazon price, I do think it IS value for money. I give it 4 stars because is too short!

Hoping they're down at the studios recording a second very soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but...., 4 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Secret Sisters (Audio CD)
Great harmonies, simple effective melodies and good songs, but at less than 30 minutes long very, very poor value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful harmonies, 28 Jan 2012
I've not stopped playing this since I downloaded it. Fantastic singing and musicianship. Beautiful songs. Well worth a listen if you like country. Or even if you don't!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Breath Of Fresh Air, 26 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Secret Sisters (Audio CD)
What a find! "The Secret Sisters" should not remain a secret for very long if this album is anything to go by. The whole thing is taken right back to basics, such as recording directly onto tape and using only one or two takes. I cannot pick out any one track. Every song hits the spot in my humble opinion.(I have been listening to country music since the early '50s). It's like a breath of fresh air. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 18 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Secret Sisters (Audio CD)
Great music and the CD in a decent sound system has a superb analogue quality to it. Just buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars SECRET SISTERS CD, 2 Mar 2011
C. ROBERTS (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Secret Sisters (Audio CD)
I'VE NEVER REALLY BEEN INTO LISTENING TO COUNTRY MUSIC BUT THIS CD IS GREAT.THESE TWO SISTERS SOUND LIKE A FEMALE VERSION OF THE EVERLY BROTHERS ON SOME OF THE TRACKS,EXCELLENT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
I love the album but I've never been able to download the digital booklet.

5.0 out of 5 stars A HINT OF YESTERYEAR, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Secret Sisters (Audio CD)
I love this album. The music and singing is stunning. It is a country music from another era. Lovely music to listen to while travelling.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Secret Sisters
The Secret Sisters by The Secret Sisters (Audio CD - 2011)