5.0 out of 5 stars Ray Charles fans will love this album
Published on 6 Jun 2011 by Greg Greenhalgh

3.0 out of 5 stars ray charles rare genius album
I am sure there must have been better stuff in the archives than what was on this album.If not I doubt very much if I will buy
any more Ray Charles albums if they are not going to be as good as this one.
Published on 16 Nov 2010 by helen bone

5.0 out of 5 stars Ray Charles fans will love this album, 6 Jun 2011
Greg Greenhalgh (Cockermouth, Cumbria United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rare Genius: The Undiscovered Masters (Audio CD)
I was a somewhat reluctant to part with my cash for the 'Rare Genius', expecting very little from what I cynically expected to be no more than an attempt to cash-in on Ray Charles back catalogue. But how wrong I was. Producer, John Burk has done a great job bringing us more wonderful sounds from Ray's studio recordings that we've never heard before. Like the last offering from Concord, 'Ray Sings, Basie Swings', 'Rare Genius' is another very cleaver mix of newly recorded instrumental tracks dubbed onto Ray's 1970s/1980s previously undiscovered masters. Ray Charles fans will love the outcome. More please, Concord Records.

3.0 out of 5 stars ray charles rare genius album, 16 Nov 2010
This review is from: Rare Genius: The Undiscovered Masters (Audio CD)
any more Ray Charles albums if they are not going to be as good as this one.
I must admit that in the past I have bought every thing I could lay my hands on <especially live stuff> of Ray Charles,but in future I will have to be selective.Thank God that sample tracks are sometimes available

5.0 out of 5 stars A bonus for the followers, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Rare Genius: The Undiscovered Masters (Audio CD)
This album is an absolute joy, and a big surprise as a fan since the early sixties it has rarely been off my cd player

Rare Genius: The Undiscovered Masters
Rare Genius: The Undiscovered Masters by Ray Charles (Audio CD - 2011)