Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 23 July 2004
Having read all of Susan Lewis's books I was looking forward to this. This is the third book in the Laurie Forbes/Elliot Russell series (silent truths, wicked beauty)and I was wondering how could she take their story further without making it boring. The book turned out to be better than the other two! I really enjoyed it, read it on hols and had to be dragged away from it. It is heart stopping stuff to read the development of Laurie and Elliot's relationship. You think you have Elliot sussed out but then he does something very unpredictible and heartbreaking. Having 'lived' with Laurie through the last 2 books you can really feel her pain! I was devastated when it ended, and delighted their story continues in oct. have my copy pre booked already with amazon. For me Susan Lewis has returned to her best. this rates up there with her other great books, darkest longings, vengence, last resort,,,,,,. take this on hols and enjoy.
on 4 February 2008
I'm currently half way through this book. Reading the blurb about it, it sounded really interesting and obviously very current. However so far it's mainly about the love lives of various journalists which I'm finding extremely tedious. Thankfully I didn't buy this book - it's a library book. I doubt I'll read any more of it - there are far to many good books out there to waste time on one so boring. If it was possible to give no stars I would but sadly I can't - I have to give one star which I don't feel it deserves.
Slightly different from her earlier books, updated and keeping up with today's crimes. A very enjoyable read, almost gripping, certainly interesting and worth picking up. Well defined characters with a good plot and a surprising outcome.
on 8 July 2004
It took me a while to get into the book, but once I did I found it a job to put down, getting really absorbed in the characters, and one character I loved to hate, and wanted to see her downfall,(Andraya)in fact I'd read the book in 4-5 days, which is a record for me, as I normally have to finish it when I get home. No holiday abroad is complete without a raunchy Susan Lewis novel, although there is always a good topical storyline as well.
I only wish I'd known that 'Wicked Beauty' was the next sequel to Silent Truths, as I kept wondering why I couldn't remember Rachel in 'Intimate Strangers', Rachel is introduced in Wicked Beauty (which I have yet to read).
on 9 April 2015
I have loved every book I have read by her, but struggled somewhat at times with this one. Parts of it kept me wanting to read more, but other parts made me want to discard it. It just did not captivate me as her books usually do. It was enjoyable, but failed in some way. For me, it was not one of her best books.
on 2 December 2008
On reading the blurb on the back, you might be forgiven for thinking that this is a thriller about undercover investigative reporting into the world of human trafficking. However this is just a small subplot, a device really to link certain characters together. This book is more about the destructiveness of human relationships.

Don't think from my introduction that this is an indepth look at human emotion. It is still, fundamentally, a fairly lightweight novel but it has a little more too it than some out there.

I wasn't aware when I started reading this that it forms part of a series. I think it works well as a stand alone too. It made slightly uncomfortable reading in parts, for anyone who has suffered rejection, I cringed in places to see, in black and white, pathetic lines which we've all used at some point!

The East End gangster stuff didn't quite work for me. I'm afraid, for me, no one does authentic gangster vernacular like Martina Cole! However, on the whole, I did enjoy Intimate Strangers. Good characters, good plot, great plot twist. Good book for reading by the pool/on the beach.
on 5 October 2014
Having been able to put my kindle down. Totally captivating from start to finish, the end not predictable,which is great. Ready to start the follow up now.
on 6 April 2013
Good read, much more expensive for kind than other similar books but worth it every now and again she is a good author.
on 18 March 2013
Another good read from Susan Lewis.I am a fan of the author and will try to purchase all of her novels
on 15 February 2016
not read yet but am sure it will be great as all her books are a good read