4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the upgrade
Anyone considering buying this boxset probably already knows about the films; so I'm not going to give a review of the films in this set. Instead I'm going to give my opinion on the picture/sound and the technical information (which Amazon never seem to give or get right!).

All films are in 1080p.

Silence of the Lambs (Poorest Picture in this set...
Published on 6 April 2011 by Pantheon

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Im disappointed again the third film hannibal in this trilogy dosen't work. This has prevented me to stop buying films from amazon. I strongly suggest you to check my film whether it works or not before sendind it off. I'm really upset I always purchase films from you and this has happened the second time.
Published 22 days ago by sadiyah

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the upgrade, 6 April 2011
Pantheon (Boston, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Hannibal Lecter Trilogy [Blu-ray] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)

All films are in 1080p.

Silence of the Lambs (Poorest Picture in this set. Barely better than the DVD. I have to admit to being very disappointed with the picture on this one).
Spanish DD 5.1
French DD 5.1
Thai DD 2.0

Subtitles: Cantonese/English/Korean/Spanish/Thai

Red Dragon (Excellent picture and sound and worthy of the upgrade to Blu-ray).
French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese DTS 5.1
2 x Commentary DD 2.0

Subtitles: Danish/Dutch/English/Finnish/French/German/Greek/Italian/Japanese/Korean/Norwegian/Portuguese/Spanish/Swedish/Traditional Mandarin

Hannibal (Excellent picture and sound and worthy of the upgrade to Blu-ray).
French and Spanish DTS 5.1
Commentary DD 2.0

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 29 Oct. 2012
Three awesome movies bundles together in one box set. The blu-ray quality revives the films for me. If I have any criticism for this release (again, the blu-ray box set), it's that it doesn't make sense to me that the three boxes look anything alike standing next to each other. That's my biggest criticism, and I guess that says a lot about this brilliant set of films. A must!

5.0 out of 5 stars Film Review, 18 Feb. 2015
Before I begin I must say that the product arrived quickly, nicely packaged and with some vouchers (which I didn't find too important but you know, always good). This might not fit through the letterbox hole due to it's packaging, I had to go to a delivery office to retrieve my item so I suggest you stay home during the expected delivery date times.

Overall - 5/5
Great story, characters, actors, everything. A real horror/thriller.

Red Dragon: 4/5
Well presented, and acted but the storyline needed more Hannibal IMO.

Silence of the Lambs: 6/5
It breaks the limit, everythings perfect in the franchise defining motion picture.

Hannibal: 4/5
Not as popular as other films but personally I think it's great, Julian Moore did a good job playing Clarice Starling and the film has it's ups and downs, not as good as Red Dragon but not bad enough to get 3/5 for me.

Film order: Forget the release dates, the chronological order of which the films SHOULD be watched at is > Red Dragon> Silence of the Lambs> Hannibal. Watch it any other way and the story won't make sense at times but will still be acceptable.
If you're planning on watching Hannibal Rising I must insist you watch it last; it was designed to be a prequel but honestly it spoils my view of Lecter and is an unneeded film. Not bad, just unneeded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Psycho killer, qu'est-ce que c'est?, 8 Sept. 2014
Hal Marshall "It wasn't me!" (Essex) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I am baffled by the reasoning behind Amazon's extraordinarily bad habit of lumping reviews for broadly similar products all together like this. I wouldn't have the first idea what to do with a Blu-Ray version of this box-set so, in the unlikely event that this review makes it look like I do, I am rather keen to make one thing completely clear: my purchase was of the ordinary, 'no-frills' DVD three disc set. Blu-Ray and I have never met before and, given that this plain old box-set was cheaper than the Blu-Ray one anyway, I can't see us becoming acquainted at any time in the foreseeable future.

There. I feel much better for that.

Packaging-wise, there are three separate boxes and they all reside together inside a perfectly adequate cardboard sleeve. Inside each box is one single, solitary disc... and that's it. 'Hannibal' and 'Red Dragon' are both Regions 2 AND 4. Which I think means that, if I ever have cause to abscond to Rio, I will at least have these two DVDs to start my new collection.

Presentation-wise, the discs offer you the following;

THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS:

- Subtitles in: English (Hard of Hearing), Croatian, Czech, Danish, English, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish and Turkish.

HANNIBAL:

- Subtitles in: English SDH, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Norwegian, Swedish, Turkish and Icelandic.
- A fabulous commentary by the director, Ridley Scott, that is worth the price of admission all on its own. It's a real insight into the process of condensing Thomas Harris' epic novel into a workable screenplay.

RED DRAGON:

- English and Hungarian subtitles AND language.
- A commentary by the director and the screenplay writer that is nowhere near as informative as Ridley Scott's, despite there being two of them. Ridley comes across as a down-to-earth creative wizard... Brett Ratner just comes across as being completely full of himself.
- A much more interesting 'Music Score Commentary', which allows you to enjoy the soundtrack as you watch the movie.
- Some mysterious technological wizardry that, allegedly, allows those viewing on their computers to install something from the net and to, allegedly, enjoy 'bonus' things. I haven't bothered to investigate it, and nor am I ever likely to.

'Hannibal' is the reason I sent for this set in the first place. Putting the grisly bits towards the end to one side (and the fact that the ending bears no relation to Thomas Harris' novel) it is a beautifully made film with a perfect soundtrack and a phenomenal choice of Florentine shooting locations. Julianne Moore is pretty darn gorgeous in it too.

I've never quite figured out the best time to watch 'Red Dragon', given that it is supposed to be the first part of the trilogy but it was filmed last. The make-up folk do a fabulous job of touching up Sir Hopkins and his 'dungeon' in Baltimore has been perfectly recreated, that's not the problem about watching it first... I think the problem about watching it first is that it makes 'The Silence of the Lambs' seem so incredibly slow by comparison. I do tend to watch it last but, then, that never feels quite right to me either.

There can't be anyone reading this who doesn't know the plots of these three films but, basically, Anthony Hopkins steals the show in every one. 'Hannibal' is the only one of the three that allows the character of Hannibal Lecter to dominate the story but in every case, as a viewer - while I do appreciate the effort that went into making the movies in general - I'm really only interested in his scenes. And - while I do appreciate that Sir Hopkins is a fantastic actor and Dr Lecter is the role of a lifetime - I'm really only interested in trying to figure out why 'Hannibal The Cannibal' is so incredibly attractive to women.

AND men.

No? Oh well, that must just be me then!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 8 Mar. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 27 Jun. 2014
Top films! Had them on dvd upgrade to blu ray for a very reaaonible price! Very happy with this box set

5.0 out of 5 stars Really terrifying value, 17 Mar. 2014
This modern trilogy is a classic in the horror genre - and a great bargain. If the collection has one weakness it is the film Hannibal. shot partly in my favourite place on the planet, Florence (Firenze) in Italy, where I have lived --- But I must say that the scenes truly reflect the city at night, it is a remarkable achievement never-the-less, as the book (on which the screenplay was very loosely-based) is as preposterous as Godfather 3...

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice set, 23 Feb. 2014
A good box with great film, Silence of the Lambs. Other two are ok, great for those who have not seen the films or want a complete set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 22 Feb. 2014
Amazing value for money. Three incredible movies re-told in stunning blu-ray. I would recommend this collection to both Hannibal and movie fans. I purchased Hannibal Rising in order to own the complete collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hannibal lecter movie pack, 21 Feb. 2014
Freya Bradley (Chesterfield) - See all my reviews
This movie pack has 3 spine chilling movies from Red dragon, The silence of the lambs and Hannibal.
Red dragon is the first novel of Thomas Harris it is ok it explains a lot more, the silence of the lambs is easy to get sucked into Hannibal's mind and he will take out for a ride and Hannibal as his mind controlling games were not enough he stepss up his games to next level of his plan.

The Hannibal Lecter Trilogy [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
The Hannibal Lecter Trilogy [Blu-ray] [Region Free] by Anthony Hopkins (Blu-ray - 2010)