5.0 out of 5 stars Heart Warming, Completely Unexpected.
Published on 20 Dec 2010 by tankx2

3.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of `Rom,' not so much `Com.'
Even though I'm a guy, I'm not immune to the odd romantic comedy - if it's got something decent to offer.

Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman are both likeable leads who have a decent pedigree of humorous films on their C.V.s, so I thought, `Why not?'

Published on 31 Dec 2011 by Albatross

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart Warming, Completely Unexpected., 20 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Switch [DVD] (DVD)
I went into this film, knowing about all the bad reviews and expecting a mediocre romantic comedy. I came away feeling warm and fuzzy inside and completely blown away. Yes the initial concept is a bit far fetched and a bit low brow, but the film handles it perfectly and is in no way distasteful. It is by far the best piece of work Jennifer Aniston has done since friends, but the most unexpected performance came from Thomas Robinson who plays Sebastian. He was adorable and could not have been more perfectly suited for the role.

If you're expecting an hilarious, in your face, sex fest then watch something else, in fact I could recommend Knocked Up. But if you want a film full of meaning that makes you smile, then watch this. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very suprising, 9 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Switch [DVD] (DVD)
Having read the reviews that the film had 'bombed' in the cinemas, and that people had called this Jennifer Aniston's worst film yet, I was a little bit unsure whether to watch or not! As a loyal fan of Jen's I decided to try it and I wasn't left disappointed. I thought the storyline was slightly far fetched but the actor who played Sebastian made up for this, what a fantastic little actor! He brought a level of humour to the film that I wasn't expecting. One of the below reviews says Jennifer Aniston has had a poor career after Friends with no good films attached to her name, this is an opinion but I do disagree. Fair enough her films are not enjoyed by all but I think they are aimed at girls, teenagers and women who are looking for a bit of light comedy with a nice romantic edge i.e. The Breakup, Along came Polly, The Bounty Hunter, Bruce Almighty and Marley and Me are to name just a few of her films that are very good! And I would now include 'The Switch' in this list. Don't watch this film with high expectations of hilarity and sickly sweet romance as you will be disappointed. It is a very enjoyable film to fill in a couple of hours of spare time in the afternoon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of `Rom,' not so much `Com.', 31 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Switch [DVD] (DVD)

Yes, they're good and yes, they have reasonable charisma throughout the film and yes at the end of the ninety minutes you do feel reasonably warm and fuzzy inside. The only thing I found was that there weren't that many laughs along the way. There was a fair amount of romance and some character development, plus adequate dilemmas for them to strive through - I just thought that it would be funnier. Maybe it's my sense of humour, but I just didn't find it funny.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy it. The best character bond was actually between Jason Bateman and the young boy `Sebastian' - the element that made the film worth watching.

A worthwhile way to kill an hour and a half - not so much a `Rom Com' as a `Rom Drama' in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your Average RomCom, 13 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Switch [DVD] (DVD)
Not having liked many of Jennifer Aniston's films post Friends (or indeed, any of them), I was not holding out much hope for yet another romcom with such a poor plot line. I was unbelievably and very pleasantly suprised. I watched this when I was ill in bed and it really cheered me up. Jason Bateman is excellent as Wally and Jennifer Aniston is just OK, but it was the young kid and his quirks who really made the film. Not your average romantic comedy, so don't go expecting laugh after laugh, but this film is touching and definitely worth a watch (or two!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, 27 July 2011
This review is from: The Switch [DVD] (DVD)
Jason Bateman and Jennifer Aniston together are a dream!
I loved Bateman's humour and Aniston's emotion.

The film is about Aniston wanting to have a baby, so has a baby shower to "do the deed" with the sperm donors "offering" and then Bateman (Aniston's best friend) gets drunk and causes a major problem.

It's a sweet movie about Aniston and Bateman's friendship blooming into more, now that they have Aniston's son to bond over.

I would really recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Switch, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Switch [DVD] (DVD)
This is a charming story with a great deal of humour . Jason Bateman & Jennifer Aniston have great chemistry and are really appealing leads, I caught this film on TV and liked it enough to buy the DVD. The switch in question is sperm- the result is an adorable but solemn little boy [Thomas Robinson] who worries about everything. Add Jeff Goldblum to the mix and you have a heartwarming feel good movie. It sounds corny- it isn't- Switch delivers truthful performances- Jennifer Aniston has never been better- this is a grown up performance. Jason Bateman allows his character to mature as the film progresses- his relationship with the six year old replica of himself is beautifully portrayed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable, 20 July 2011
read.a.book (Redcar, Cleveland UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Switch [DVD] (DVD)
I can only share other people's enthusiasm in this highly likeable film.

The story begins with Kassie (Jennifer Aniston) telling her best friend and former ex-boyfriend Wally (Jason Bateman) that she is going to have a baby. She isn't pregnant yet, but she plans on getting a sperm donor. Wally realises he still has feelings for Kassie, but doesn't tell her, she gets pregnant via sperm donor, moves away and comes back 7 years later with her son. It's not until Wally meets Sebastian (her son who is an adorable actor) that he notices striking similarities to himself and wonders how that can be.

Very funny and heart-warming story although it does drag out the inevitable ending a bit and you're left shouting "CAN YOU PLEASE TELL HER THE TRUTH NOW!" for the last 30 minutes. It's very predictable and not very realistic either hence why I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars.

A very well worth watching piece of light entertainment though, but I don't think the films 12A certificate is suitable. Would have been better suited to a 15 in my opinion but maybe I'm old-fashioned that way!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014
Great dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Switch [DVD] (DVD)
It is a good film but keep to age limit as is very inappropriate for younger children with inappropriate language

5.0 out of 5 stars THE SWITCH, 22 May 2014
This review is from: The Switch [DVD] (DVD)
A VERY FUNNY FILM AND IF YOU ARE A JASON BATEMEN FAN LIKE ME, YOU WILL DEFINATELY NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!

The Switch [DVD]
The Switch [DVD] by Jennifer Aniston (DVD - 2011)