5.0 out of 5 stars Very solid wifi card
I bought this to replace TP-Link TL-WN851N Wireless N PCI Adapter, which I had problems with.

I'm very happy with it. My range is significantly improved over my old card, the drivers seem to be much better too (I can actually connect to an 802.11n network at wireless N speeds now!), and the latency has dropped a lot as well, making it a much better wifi card to...
Published on 5 May 2011 by Mr. T. F. Norton

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointing
I had high hopes for this NIC given the other reviews and the competitive price.

I bought from kikatech so this section may be slightly less relevant. Delivery was good, arrived in a couple of days and customer support got my refund back quickly and without hassle. Only reason I bought it from them is because its product price + shipping was the lowest online...
Published 21 months ago by P.J.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Wi-Fi card., 12 Mar 2014
H. C. Davison (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Edimax EW-7612PIN 300Mbps Wireless PCI Express Adapter (Accessory)
Really easy to fit. Works on Windows 7 Professional with no problems. Used enclosed software, also no problems. Replaced a USB dongle that worked on and off. PC has a really good wi-fi signal now and does not drop out. Just does it's job in the background perfectly. Also a really good price for this make/model. Definitely recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad works great for 2 days then does not work, 15 Feb 2014
alright connection for 2 days then when i booted my computer not receiving anything so i used it on another desktop but same problem. don't buy it for good connection but i refunded it and they did not give my money back after a month so i contacted amazon and i got my money back. spend extra money on asus or good companies.

3.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 30 Jan 2014
does the job ........provides internet to my pc software could be a little easier to use but works straight out of the box

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Wifi Signal, 28 Nov 2013
J. A. Woodcock (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this Wireless PCI Adapter for my gaming PC which sits behind the TV in my lounge after we moved our so it could be plugged directly into the main phone socket rather than into an extension socket.

To be honest I wasn't expecting much, but so far the performance has been almost flawless. I've even tried moving my PC upstairs to the bedroom and the signal happily reaches with a full signal strength from around 20 metres away and through the floor. I don't use the wifi for online gaming, so can't really comment on its effectiveness for that, but download speeds are plenty fast enough and streaming Netflix and Love Film is flawless in Full HD.

Overall a highly recommended product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect on my setup, 29 Sep 2013
I bought this adapter for 15.51 from KIKATEK as an alternative to the more expensive brands available and wasn't sure how it was going to perform. Two months on after purchase, its working perfectly on my first ever PC BUILD. I cannot fault it at all.
My setup is; Gigabyte GA-G41M-COMBO SKT-775 motherboard,
Intel Q6600 Core2 Quad 2.4GHz Processor (OC to 3.0GHz),
Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 XMS3 8GB memory,
running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Edition (Retail).

My PC is about 10meters away from the router with a wall between.
Signal strength is 70-72%.
Installation was simple and straight forward.
PS: Adapter also comes with a low profile profile bracket for those with smaller PC cases.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works well for a short while then fails, 19 July 2013
My computer is upstairs whilst the router is downstairs. I've always had trouble with getting wifi signal, usually around 2/5 bars with my tp-link usb dongle. It took my 1 minute to set this thing up and 2 minutes to get it all working with my windows 7 x64 and the netgear router. 5 bars connectivity and super fast and cheap too!!

EDIT: After having this adapter for less than 2 weeks I experienced many problems. The device disconnects from the home network randomly and either takes ages or wont connect back to the network. The aerials at the back seem to have to be moved around every hour or so or the adapter loses all signal, is very temperamental and extremely slow most of the time (taking 1 minute+ to access a webpage), it is not a problem on the network because the other 7+ devices connected to the wireless are working fast and fine. I am disposing of this wifi card and spending a little bit more to get one that actually works. Terrible product, DO NOT BUY

2.0 out of 5 stars Works but poor performance, 4 July 2013
Not been too bad, had it for a while on my old broadband and was good enough for that and got around 10Mb which was the limit of my connection.

Since upgrading to fibre though I've found it won't really go above 20Mb despite all my other devices happily getting speeds of 38Mb over WiFi.

Will be replacing.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 29 May 2013
On reciveing i installed straight into pc
the setup was easey and straight forwards. no messing at all
i now have cable free pc in my room as before having 20 mts of lan cable was not good !!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Card, 22 May 2013
After building my custom desktop PC I bought this card as I didn't have cable at the time to connect directly to my router. I had to use this card for about 2 weeks although I only made it through about 4 days of using it until I got so fed up I drilled a hole through my ceiling to connect my computer with an ethernet cable.

The wireless card didn't keep connection for any longer than 5 minutes, it was constantly turning on and off, always losing connection and the speed was terrible. Since I connected my computer with cable it's been perfectly fine and I know that the bad performance when I was using this card wasn't due to my router.

I really don't recommend you buy this card!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 11 April 2013
Been using this card for a few years now, it was very easy to install and has very good signal.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›