Size: X-Large|Colour: Black / Yellow|Change
Price:£34.99 - £81.22

on 16 December 2011
I purchased the Skins Bio A400 after being on the skins website and reading into the compression technology and theory behind it all, after being on the website i searched for reviews on the product but there are not many about. The top arrived promptly within 2 days of placing order, the first thing i noticed was the packaging very well put together and gave a full description of the what was inside. I am 6ft 2in 86kg with a 42in chest so using the skins size guide on the website i ordered LARGE, as i found that on some websites selling this top the size guides they were using was a generic guide for all products and i know that sizing for skins is slightly different. So before buying check the skins web page for size then order using that as your guide. The large fits perfectly, yes its still very tight but that is its design. I run most days and i am in the gym as well, i do know a little about what they say this product does, how it helps get oxygen into the muscles to allow you to work harder for longer and how it will help recovery times and in all honesty i have not felt a difference in either and i have given the top a fair crack at the whip i have not worn it for just one training session then based my review on it, i have worn it for a full weeks training cycle. I reckon it works like a placebo because it makes you look like the advertising pictures making you feel like superman and if you look good you feel good and when out for a run that can have a powerful effect, i agree with what the other review says that if you do have body fat even a small amount this top will make you look like a whale and you would feel more comfortable wearing a t-shirt over the top. all in all a great training top great quality can not see it ever falling apart thats why it got 4 stars from me.
on 13 December 2014
Purchased the Skins A400 Long Sleeve Compression Top to try out during the winter ski season. Have used Skins products before (shorts & leggings) for running/training for marathons and they are quality products that do help to reduce the fatigue whilst training, they are also good to wear post-training to reduce DOMS.

The XL sizing of the A400 top seems to fit me well (185cms & 44in chest) which I was worried about when ordering and although the forearm compression seems a little tight, this is probably down to the fact that I'm not used to wearing compression products on my upper body.

SportsShoes Unlimited are the same company as SportsShoes.com and they usually have the best deals around, if they don't they'll price match for you - check out their website. There are other suppliers out there, but not many that post products to you as quick and have excellent customer satisfaction. Have used them before and will use them again - highly recommended.
on 16 March 2012
I bought this (and the compression leggings as well) with half a mind that I might just be being a sucker and paying a lot of money for not much. However they are brilliant. I bought them for skiing and there is no doubt they made my body feel stronger and better supported, although to be fair my own fitness was better this year than the last couple of times I have been. They really do seem to help you keep going all day and reduce fatigue by the end of the day. They're also an extremely effective base layer, providing warmth and wicking sweat away. I had anticipated rinsing them out every night but at the end of the day they were dry and odour free. I've since used them for cycling and have been equally impressed, and will be getting a skins sleeveless compression base layer for summer touring. So, from a cynic to a convert!
on 17 April 2014
i choose this product after the excellent reviews i had read also had a shoulder injury and was recommended this by the osteopath
I brought an XL which was a bit snug but makes me more determined to lose my wobbly belly. Excellent product.
on 7 April 2015
Very good, great quality however can feel quite tight around the waist if you also wear running tights. I tend now to wear this only with running shorts. I would recommend this product despite being quite pricey.
on 2 February 2014
Very good the only diffrences between a200 are:

* product discreet so no brand show outside
* a200 are less flexible because this one is made from much more compartments(structures) which sits on you more comfortable (3d layout)

Both does the jobs I am using a200 for legs and a400 for top and cant fault it! Running over a year now and still good as new one. Dont use tumberdry and you will habe long experience with these as me.
on 2 March 2014
I bought this top as a base layer for winter training runs and also to wear on a winter duathalon,does exactly what it says 'on the tin' (box)! The only criticism would be,if any is that it's quite difficult to get on and get it fitting properly/comfortably.
on 6 August 2013
If you want real compression wear instead of just a base layer then look no further. Skins are expensive for a reason - they work; and are they only true compression items on the market today.
on 15 February 2013
Training as I am for a marathon I've no choice when it's cold and raining outside or if the sun makes a rare visit and this top certainly delivers in all conditions. Keeps me warm at the start of my runs and cool throughout. As you'd imagine, being compression clothing, it shows every gram of fat, but, who cares, it' keeps it all in place and makes you feel great. never run without my Skins now!
on 27 May 2015
Top's sleeves are tricky. Usualy end up twisted or pulling at arm pits. It is hard to fix it once you have the top on.

See one answered question