on 12 October 2010
long gone LPs which are re-relesed in CD form at a bargain price.Deliverd next day of ordering. I had forgotten how good Humphs 'mainstream' band with Tony Coe Joe Temperley etc was. Highly recomended .
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 September 2010
These four albums span the fifties, and listening to them again, I was struck by the degree of cohesion achieved by the various groups, by the surefooted choice of tempo for each number, and by Humph's commanding lead. He also swam against the trad tide by dispensing with vocals, thus ensuring that the music flowed uninterrupted from start to finish. The result is vibrant and thrilling, and as fresh today as when it was first recorded. A superb compilation, including original liner notes, personnel, and recording dates, it is great value for money.
on 29 April 2013
Some of my earliest records were Humph on 78rpm. Listening to these other early recordings gave great pleasure. It's too easy to think of Humph as a "wit" chairing I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue but he was also a leading British jazz musician from the 50's and 60's and I still miss his wonderfully eclectic radio programme, The Best of Jazz.
on 23 September 2013
For those of us who cut our Jazz teeth on Humph this collection is a nostalgic delight. All the true old favourites just as they always were
on 4 December 2011
Great value for money. Has some superb tracks and some I've never heard before. A must for any Jazz fan and worth every penny.
on 25 December 2015
Some very good original tracks from Humph. Any trad jazz fans should enjoy.
However, the cover track listings sequence bear little resemblance to the actual CD tracks. Surely somebody should have listened & noticed before it was issued!
on 16 February 2013
I always liked Humph at 100 Oxford Street. Mac's I think they called it. I also saw Humph at several concerts and I have loads of 78's, 45's and 331/3rds. It was great to buya cd.
on 5 January 2016
A LEGEND. GREAT COLLECTION, FABULOUS RECORDINGS GREAT MEMORIES OF A TERRIFIC BANDSMAN AND ARTISTI
on 13 December 2015
I bought this CD for a friends birthday and he is thrilled to bits with it. Well pleased.
on 5 March 2015
excellent - and very good service