on 18 October 2008
I have read these stories to clients throughout my professional career, in particular to clients who have PMS. Having read many books on those who have a troubled relationship with themselves and others this offers such a creative interesting approach.
on 30 November 2007
I bought this book after being recommended it in therapy for anorexia and it is brilliant. Each chapter is about something different ie assertiveness,time of the month,recovery etc but its all written with little folktale stories with hidden meanings and then psychology in between to help you understand the story and figure out why you have the relationship with food that you do and ways in which to overcome it. It is written in a way that can help overeaters,anorexics,bullimics etc everyone really as they are all just behaviours and it al comes down to almost the same problem.

Really has helped me see things in a different light and try to move foward in my recovery well worth reading.
on 15 April 2014
This book is wonderful. I was as a dramatherapist with young people and adults with eating issues, and this book has become a guide for myself and for their journeys through the wilderness of an eating issue. It really is brilliant!

Although, I'd to add, I have just ordered a new copy for the hospital I work at, and I'm dissapointed that I have recieved a copy that is titled "Eating n the light of the moon: how women can let go of compulsive eating through metaphor and storytelling" rather than the advertised title. As a therapist the title version I now have feels less open and approachable. But otherwise, the contents are still a book full of treasures!
on 19 October 2013
I have never before read a book where I have cried and had 'lightbulb moments' throughout. The metaphors are heartfelt and so totally spot on.

If you are ready to learn why you really make the food choices you do then get this book. It will absolutely change your life.
on 1 July 2014
Such an original and meaningful approach to eating disorders - finally!! Someone who realises that eating/not eating is just the symptom of underlying unease with all kinds of things. If only the NHS would take this approach.
on 30 June 2013
I recommend this to anyone looking for more insight about their relationship with food and their body. I've read it a few times and dipped in and out many times. The stories have stayed in my head. It's an enjoyable read and a unique approach. I enjoyed the personal stories of people who were dealing with their eating disorders. I felt understood by the writer and trusted her understanding of the people she wrote about. I also felt inspired by the women who's stories are told in the book and inspired by the myths and legends in the book too.
on 23 August 2015
What an inspiring and thought provoking book... full of stories but also practical support and suggestions for those who want to clear their unhealthy relationships with food, eating, weight, fat!! Fab!
on 26 November 2015
Very informative
on 13 October 2014
Excellent mix of storytelling and psychological content. Very helpful for professionals and anything in a self improvement journey.
on 17 April 2016
Excellent book with an innovative approach.