4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the upgrade
Anyone considering buying this boxset probably already knows about the films; so I'm not going to give a review of the films in this set. Instead I'm going to give my opinion on the picture/sound and the technical information (which Amazon never seem to give or get right!).

All films are in 1080p.

Silence of the Lambs (Poorest Picture in this set...
Published on 6 April 2011 by Pantheon

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Im disappointed again the third film hannibal in this trilogy dosen't work. This has prevented me to stop buying films from amazon. I strongly suggest you to check my film whether it works or not before sendind it off. I'm really upset I always purchase films from you and this has happened the second time.
Published 1 month ago by sadiyah

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 512 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 July 2014
Fantastic fast delivery. Love the films too - great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... would definitely say they are in my top twenty favourite (especially Silence of the Lambs), 24 July 2014
This review is from: The Hannibal Lecter Trilogy [DVD] (DVD)
I watched these films years ago and would definitely say they are in my top twenty favourite (especially Silence of the Lambs). Anthony Hopkins was a brilliant actor and these films definitely show him to his full potential. I have been watching Hannibal (on tv) and even though it is good, I still think the first Hannibal (Anthony Hopkins) cannot be contested (in my own opinion).

5.0 out of 5 stars Chilling reality, 22 Jan. 2014
We sat and watched all three films in one evening. They are all well made and the actors are superb. It is a shame that the final film had a different actress playing Clarise. Jody Foster is a great and unique actress and although the replacement actress was very good it was not the s\me and I was left wondering why the change. Was Jody too expensive or had she moved on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 14 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Hannibal Lecter Trilogy [DVD] (DVD)
One of the best trilogies, with great acting. Powerful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hanibal Lecter the ultimate scary night in, 3 Feb. 2013
Mrs. Cr Allen (Herne bay kent) - See all my reviews
Hanibal and Clarice never fail to capture your attention. Beautifully filmed, in particular 'Hannibal' set in Florence, and eloquent. Hannibal and Clarice's relationship remains constant throughout. His respect and love for her and her relentless quest to recapture him, keep you engaged until the end...begging a final chapter to end the story

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Mar. 2015
Awesome viewing and Mr. Hopkins is brilliant as Lector

5.0 out of 5 stars Psycho killer, qu'est-ce que c'est?, 8 Sept. 2014
Hal Marshall "It wasn't me!" (Essex) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Hannibal Lecter Trilogy [DVD] (DVD)
I am baffled by the reasoning behind Amazon's extraordinarily bad habit of lumping reviews for broadly similar products all together like this. I wouldn't have the first idea what to do with a Blu-Ray version of this box-set so, in the unlikely event that this review makes it look like I do, I am rather keen to make one thing completely clear: my purchase was of the ordinary, 'no-frills' DVD three disc set. Blu-Ray and I have never met before and, given that this plain old box-set was cheaper than the Blu-Ray one anyway, I can't see us becoming acquainted at any time in the foreseeable future.

There. I feel much better for that.

Packaging-wise, there are three separate boxes and they all reside together inside a perfectly adequate cardboard sleeve. Inside each box is one single, solitary disc... and that's it. 'Hannibal' and 'Red Dragon' are both Regions 2 AND 4. Which I think means that, if I ever have cause to abscond to Rio, I will at least have these two DVDs to start my new collection.

Presentation-wise, the discs offer you the following;

THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS:

- Subtitles in: English (Hard of Hearing), Croatian, Czech, Danish, English, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish and Turkish.

HANNIBAL:

- Subtitles in: English SDH, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Norwegian, Swedish, Turkish and Icelandic.
- A fabulous commentary by the director, Ridley Scott, that is worth the price of admission all on its own. It's a real insight into the process of condensing Thomas Harris' epic novel into a workable screenplay.

RED DRAGON:

- English and Hungarian subtitles AND language.
- A commentary by the director and the screenplay writer that is nowhere near as informative as Ridley Scott's, despite there being two of them. Ridley comes across as a down-to-earth creative wizard... Brett Ratner just comes across as being completely full of himself.
- A much more interesting 'Music Score Commentary', which allows you to enjoy the soundtrack as you watch the movie.
- Some mysterious technological wizardry that, allegedly, allows those viewing on their computers to install something from the net and to, allegedly, enjoy 'bonus' things. I haven't bothered to investigate it, and nor am I ever likely to.

'Hannibal' is the reason I sent for this set in the first place. Putting the grisly bits towards the end to one side (and the fact that the ending bears no relation to Thomas Harris' novel) it is a beautifully made film with a perfect soundtrack and a phenomenal choice of Florentine shooting locations. Julianne Moore is pretty darn gorgeous in it too.

I've never quite figured out the best time to watch 'Red Dragon', given that it is supposed to be the first part of the trilogy but it was filmed last. The make-up folk do a fabulous job of touching up Sir Hopkins and his 'dungeon' in Baltimore has been perfectly recreated, that's not the problem about watching it first... I think the problem about watching it first is that it makes 'The Silence of the Lambs' seem so incredibly slow by comparison. I do tend to watch it last but, then, that never feels quite right to me either.

There can't be anyone reading this who doesn't know the plots of these three films but, basically, Anthony Hopkins steals the show in every one. 'Hannibal' is the only one of the three that allows the character of Hannibal Lecter to dominate the story but in every case, as a viewer - while I do appreciate the effort that went into making the movies in general - I'm really only interested in his scenes. And - while I do appreciate that Sir Hopkins is a fantastic actor and Dr Lecter is the role of a lifetime - I'm really only interested in trying to figure out why 'Hannibal The Cannibal' is so incredibly attractive to women.

AND men.

No? Oh well, that must just be me then!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic films, great price, clear picture, 10 Mar. 2015
Classic films, great price, clear picture

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Aug. 2014
Great Films, could watch over and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Hannibal Lecter Trilogy [DVD] (DVD)
Great, if you love the Hannibal films.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 512 | Next ›

The Hannibal Lecter Trilogy [DVD]
The Hannibal Lecter Trilogy [DVD] by Anthony Hopkins (DVD - 2010)