Format: DVD|Change

on 24 July 2014
I watched these films years ago and would definitely say they are in my top twenty favourite (especially Silence of the Lambs). Anthony Hopkins was a brilliant actor and these films definitely show him to his full potential. I have been watching Hannibal (on tv) and even though it is good, I still think the first Hannibal (Anthony Hopkins) cannot be contested (in my own opinion).
on 11 July 2013
I'm yet to watch Silence of the Lambs but as the other two in this collection are spectacular in the Blu Ray format that I'm quite sure the best for last will be well worth. Empty those pockets and put this on top of your wish list....!
on 18 August 2015
Very very poor DVDs would not play in UK clearly very bad copies , after exchanging for another set and having the exact same problem I gave up
on 28 May 2014
What I ordered was classed as second hand, this was only evident on the outside on the box which had a few scuffs.
The movies are all classics, the highlight for me (and I suspect many others) is the silence of the lambs. However this is only my opinion. The movies are good quality (though obviously not HD) and I would definitely recommend that you buy this.
on 7 July 2013
As amazing as always, this movie collection will never grow old or tiresome. It looks a lot better when compared to my DVD collection. It's a must buy for any true Lecter fans. I would highly recommend the books by Thomas Harris also to get the true for Dr Lecter... Especially for a completely different ending to the series!

Have the lambs stopped screaming?
on 19 February 2013
These are great BDs of the films and except for the mucked up ending of Hannibal (changed from the book) the stories are great. I like this version of Red Dragon better than the early one (Manhunter) as it follow the book more closely. All in all a nice set.
on 15 January 2011
This is quite a good box set, however, it doesn't include Hannibal Rising, which is a bit disappointing (possibly due to Hannibal Rising being released a few years after Red Dragon).

My favourite film -by far- was Red Dragon, which is actually prequel to the other original two films. It's probably worth mentioning that this series is more of a thriller than a horror (which is no bad thing!).

The films are basically about detectives who are trying to track down a serial killer (a different serial killer for each film). The detectives basically rely on help from the much wiser Hannibal -a psychologist with a speciality in criminal psychology, imprisoned for cannibalism- to give 'hints' on how to track down the serial killer. Essentially, Hannibal is a lot more experienced than the detectives (not only is he a psychologist, but he's also a psychopath - so he thoroughly understands how the mind of a serial killer works), and he uses this to toy with them, as well as trade hints for improvements to his prison cell.

If you like this kind of thing, I'd recommend buying this set.
on 29 April 2012
This is definitely a terrific little set. It would have been better with the prequel, but all in all it is well worth getting and enjoying again and again....AAA+++
on 7 January 2013
I had only seen Silence of the Lambs before and not read the books. I thought all three films were brilliant. Good plot lines that kept me enthralled, and good characters too. All the acting was brilliant. I was a little perturbed that we had a new actor for Agent Starling, both because it lacks continuity and because I'm a life long Jodie Foster fan, however, Julianne Moore does an excellent job and is well suited for the part.
on 21 October 2013
Edward Norton, Jodie Foster & Julianne Moore, their characters stand right next to the high intelligent Hannibal, Anthony Hopkins. Ofcourse Sir Hopkins is the vessel for the whole story. However Norton, Foster & Moore make Hopkins look good. Especially Anthony Heald who plays Dr. Chilton who is an terrible character makes you love Hannibal even if it's a criminal. After Silence of the Lambs, who would have dreamed that "Hannibal "& " Red Dragon " would have the same quality.
Edward Norton does a great job in the prequel Red Dragon & ofcourse Julianne Moore in the last part of the trilogy. However, once more I miss Anthony Heald, he really plays well. He makes you really hate his character & love his patient Dr. Hannibal at the same time. He's an perfect bad guy. Both Jodie as Julianne play an convincing Clarice Starling.
Bottom line, as for this trilogy.....it's a "must have ", it's one of those movies which you can see over & over again. Checking & finding more & more details....speaking of which.......I remember seeing the scene where they actually take out the "bugg" out of the head in the bottle....this particular scene is missing.....comment anyone ?....
For lovers of the subject, there's the pre-prequal Hannibal rising which explains why Hannibal became what he was. It's nice to have the whole story complete so you might want to consider buying that one aswell.