5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my God I LOVE this!
Published on 17 Feb 2011 by Mrs. N. Fricker

2.0 out of 5 stars not good for your back
I have two other Jillian Michaels dvds which I love and do frequently , they are hard and make you sweat but you do get results, I bought this because as a mother of 50 years young my tum needed some extra toning. I have only done the dvd once, I followed the instructions as best I could but my lower back ached very badly afterward and was not back to normal for over a...
Published on 11 Aug 2011 by Jules

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my God I LOVE this!, 17 Feb 2011
Mrs. N. Fricker "Nina" (Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a real Jillian Michaels convert and have all her other UK release DVDs (30 Day Shred, Banish Fat and No More Trouble Zones). But because of that I was in two minds about getting this one - how many new moves/ways to work could Jillian possibly offer us? But I decided to take the plunge...a 'Six Pack' definitely appealed...and I'm so glad I did. This has to be my favourite of Jillian's offerings so far, fast-paced and oh-so-intense!

Other reviewers have already outlined the format, which is two 35-minute 'Levels' incorporating a warm-up and cool-down. Like the 30 Day Shred, the length of time can fool you (well, it did me anyway!) into thinking it's going to be relatively easy. BUT if anything, this is a definite step up even from Level 3 of the 30 Day Shred! In this DVD, both levels target your core but if you think (as I would have done if I hadn't already known Jillian's training style) you'll just be doing half an hour of floor work, think again. You're getting a whole body workout, cardio and all, with particular emphasis on the core. Level 1 in particular made my obliques burn for days afterwards!

For me, Levels 1 and 2 differ only in the intricacy of the moves - the effort level was the same for both (i.e. gasping for breath and begging for water!) The moves in Level 1 are a lot more straightforward and can be followed from the get-go, whereas in Level 2 I found myself stopping a couple of times just to check how Jillian and her two helpers were carrying out a few of the moves (but after a couple of repetitions all was fine). For this reason I actually found Level 1 a bit tougher than Level 2. With each level you do a full 15 minute circuit of moves, before repeating the whole thing again at a faster pace.

As usual, the workout music is nothing to speak of (though for some reason I stop worrying about that once the workout really gets underway!) - but Jillian is at her motivational best on this DVD - she barks at you the whole way through, but it's so encouraging and you REALLY want to do your best and get the most out of every move. If you're having a 'fat' day, stick this DVD on, give it your all and I can guarantee it'll blast your worries into oblivion! Your fitness levels will skyrocket.

And - if you're feeling brave enough, get Jillian's other DVDs too. At the risk of sounding a bit cheesy, your body will thank you for it! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweat away the Fat!, 31 Jan 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
Wow! I held off buying this immediately after it was released; plainly, that was madness as in my opinion, this is JM's best workout yet...and that's saying something, as all of my reviews have given JM's workout dvds 5 stars.
As others have said, this is a noticeable step up from 30DS. Do that before you try to do this.
This time last year, I had never heard of Jillian Michaels, but now I am a complete convert having completed 30DS and loved it (and the results of course - how could anyone not have a vastly improved body after doing 30DS?!). All of my friends commented upon how much weight I had lost, although actually it was more about toning up. Once they found out that I had been doing 30DS, they bought it and now they are converts too! I then went on and bought Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones, which I completed on alternate days. Both of those workouts have me dripping in sweat in the first few minutes and make me feel nicely worked out by the end. They work - I lost weight and fat, with noticeable results within 2 weeks (that's on top of the 30DS results). After less than 2 months, I could not believe the results.
Then I had a busy period with work, stopped working out so frequently and felt that I needed to get back into the routine, perhaps with a new workout to bring mix things up. Am I glad I bought this DVD! JM is on top form, with a fast-paced routine designed to rev up your metabolism (there is quite a lot of aerobic activity in this one) and to tone up your tum (lots of core focused exercises, such as the side plank with twist and the spider plank). As others have said, you will need some handweights for this workout, as in 30DS. Once again, this workout had me dripping in sweat almost immediately and the stomach exercises are awesome, there is really no other word for them! In fact, such was the effect upon me, that I could not then face going on to No More Trouble Zones immediately afterward, which was my plan. For comparison, the moves are a lot faster in this workout than in any of the aforementioned.
This workout is seriously difficult and will push you even further than JM's previous offerings. I have now started a 6 week plan of completing this 5x per week as recommended, together with doing Banish Fat and No More Trouble Zones on alternate days. I will update with how the plan goes (if I don't die of exhaustion first!). I am not sure how JM will top this latest offering, but hopefully none of us will have too long to wait to find out - I hear she is soon to release yet another DVD called Ripped In 30. Sign me up immediately.
Get this DVD now. Do it. You might ache the next day, but you absolutely will not regret it.

UPDATE 08/03/11 - Brilliant results. I know a lot of people here have said that Level 2 was very fast paced if not impossible to perform, but my experience was that after a few times of completing Level 2, it was possible to keep up and perform the moves. Comparing Level 1 with Level 2, I will say my preference was for Level 1 insofar as the "floor" ab work was concerned, but Level 2 insofar as the standing ab/cardio work was concerned, if that makes sense. Favourite (read, effective) moves from Level 1 are the side plank and side crunch. Level 2 favourites are chops with lunge (what a killer, I swear you can feel the fat burning off your waist) and the old favourite plank twists (those of you who have 30DS and NMTZ will recognise those). The results speak for themselves, I am definitely a lot more toned at the core and upper body strength has improved significantly from just performing this workout 5 times a week; I didn't manage to combine with BFBM or NMTZ every day as planned (probably only about a third of the time), but I did carry on with pilates on my reformer. Using this workout 5 times a week will result in weight loss, guaranteed. I would say though that the commitment required is longer than 6 weeks (I would say I need another couple of weeks before I see proper muscle definition in my abs, but then I am a slim apple shape, so sadly my tummy takes some serious work!). I am going to keep on BUT I have just ordered my long awaited copy of: Ripped in 30 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]. I will review that once it arrives and when I have completed the requisite 30 days. In the meantime I would encourage anyone to get 6 week 6 pack and feel great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't put off any longer, do it now!, 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
Great presentation, lots of useful advice, most of all, it really works. Dedicate 4 -5 times a week and your body shape will change. I felt so much more energised and my body more youthful. Even at 50. I have my waist back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Start as you mean to continue, 1 Jan 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
Today is 1 January 2011. I work out 6 days a week and I see no reason to change my schedule just because it's New Year's Day. Having received this yesterday, I was absolutely dying to get stuck in. 30 Day Shred has been my morning workout for a while now, and I thought this would be a nice alternative. Boy oh boy, did I ever get my abs kicked!

The cardio got my heartrate up, but if I thought I was going to get a break when she said hit the mat I was wrong. The second round is faster too so by the time I finished the workout I'd lost about 5lbs already - in sweat. The side plank hold with the knee tuck was a killer for me, I literally thought my elbow was going to crack from keeping me up, or my shoulder rip out of it's socket or some other such hideous occurence. But be honest, if you are buying a Jillian Michaels dvd I reckon you know it's not going to be something you can do with a full face of make up and daintily mop a bead of sweat from your brow when your done. If that IS what you want, this isn't the dvd for you.

However, if you want to see the light beckoning you to cross over while you're holding spider plank, this IS the dvd for you. Not only do you get an awesome workout (of course), but if you do this in the morning I think it's safe to say that there is probably very little that your body will have to do for the rest of the day that will be this insane, so the hard part is over and you get to feel superior and proud as hell of yourself for doing something amazing for yourself and your body ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant video, 29 Mar 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
I am already half way through on this video. Done 3 weeks level one, and today it is been my second time of doing level 2. First time i did level two 2 days ago on sunday morning, was going to do it again yesterday but unfortunately the workout left me with aching body for the next two days, had to really force myself to do it this evening as I try to work out at least 5 times a week.
My observation so far: i lost about an inch in my chest ( I am a top heavy person). My bra fits much better :) no more wobbly bits coming out below my armpits ( u do lots of planks which work ur core and also the uper body ).
My boyfriend says my bottom has become much firmed :) Basicaly I have gained some muscles while lost inches. being on many silly diets left me with muscle-less body and lots of wobbly bits. so i was looking for a video that would improve it. and this video definately does the work!!
and at last my belly: well, since i have started it 3 weeks ago I have been feeling my stomach muscles with every move i have been doing, I can definately say they are there now! no more love handles yey!! I can also see some definition in my back... really really pleased with this workout
advise: dont weigh yourself but measure! and be patient, results will come in no time

7.04.2011 update

5th week of exercising ( 2nd week of level 2 - gosh, it is hard ). the first week of level 2 i found it hard to keep balance while performing some exercises, i found it a bit annoying. but it did improve the next week.
some of the exercises have become much easier to perform. eg mountain climbers - i feel like my legs are flying - it is becoz my stomach muscles have become stronger

i have lost an inch around my thights!!!! my jeans has become looser around my bum area :) plus it has become more and more firmed.

Also my spare tire has almost gone... my back looks really nice and it is covered with less fat...

I am not a skinny built ( UK size 12/ sometimes 10 if shopping in non-teenagershop ) but tall 5'9". My waist has remained the same 29" but I have lost quite a lot around my belly area... all my skirts sits lower on my waist.

last sunday I bought a cup smaller bra ( gone from DD to D ), well I am pleased with it, as I mentioned before, I am a top heavy girl..

I dont expect to lose many pounds so I dont bother weighing myself but i do use a measurment tape.

2 more weeks and I am going to do 30day shred video combined with Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism video.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, 2 Jan 2011
Mr. Id And Mrs Kershaw "SarahJ" (Surrey UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
I work out most days and am reasonably fit but boy this is tough. I love it! I actually ache two days later. Its only half an hour, half an hour of hell (level 2) but you can spend the rest of the day feeling incredibly virtuous and smug for having done it so... if you are used to exercise I would highly recommend it:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 21 May 2011
Mrs. Amy G. Mitchell (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
I decided to get rid of my mummy tummy now that my baby is 6 months old & was getting fed up of low intensity working out, breastfeeding and walking alone does not make your weight drop off despite what they say when you are pregnant!

I've been following the programme and getting great results, you really feel like you have exercised the next day but are not crippled. I like how there is a level one and two but you can start level one with beginner then advance the moves. Arms are really toning up as the core moves involve upper body & also great cardio workout. Have a glass of water and towel ready!

Even better, baby likes to watch me prance about so I get a half hour workout with no interruptions!

4.0 out of 5 stars worked for me, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
I lost 7 pound in two weeks by doing this dvd everyday and healthy eating and lost another 3pound i my third week worked for me my tummys more toned too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!!!, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
I have only been doing this for 2 weeks and can already see improvement to my stomach area.

I am a size 10 to begin with but with 'baby tum!' I am a regular gym go-er and my diet is pretty good, but my stomach area has always been my 'problem area'

The work outs are short enough to fit into your day, they consist of a lot of standing ab work with the occasional use of a single hand weight. Squats, lunges, planks, and ab twists all get a new spin to make them focus on the core.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me sweating!, 12 Jun 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
This is the first exercise DVD that had me feeling like I was genuinely having a workout at home. Jillian is a brilliant motivator and takes her time to take you through the exercises before powering through the workout in the second half. I found myself enjoying the sessions and looking forward to doing it again the following today because I felt it was a good use of my time - I have not felt that way about past exercise DVD purchases ie Tracy Anderson. Am into my 2nd week and am loving it. Starting to see and feel the results and will keep going. Highly recommended!

ARRAY(0xa7a98fd8)