5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my God I LOVE this!
Published on 17 Feb 2011 by NinaJ

2.0 out of 5 stars not good for your back
I have two other Jillian Michaels dvds which I love and do frequently , they are hard and make you sweat but you do get results, I bought this because as a mother of 50 years young my tum needed some extra toning. I have only done the dvd once, I followed the instructions as best I could but my lower back ached very badly afterward and was not back to normal for over a...
Published on 11 Aug 2011 by Jules

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my God I LOVE this!, 17 Feb 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a real Jillian Michaels convert and have all her other UK release DVDs (30 Day Shred, Banish Fat and No More Trouble Zones). But because of that I was in two minds about getting this one - how many new moves/ways to work could Jillian possibly offer us? But I decided to take the plunge...a 'Six Pack' definitely appealed...and I'm so glad I did. This has to be my favourite of Jillian's offerings so far, fast-paced and oh-so-intense!

Other reviewers have already outlined the format, which is two 35-minute 'Levels' incorporating a warm-up and cool-down. Like the 30 Day Shred, the length of time can fool you (well, it did me anyway!) into thinking it's going to be relatively easy. BUT if anything, this is a definite step up even from Level 3 of the 30 Day Shred! In this DVD, both levels target your core but if you think (as I would have done if I hadn't already known Jillian's training style) you'll just be doing half an hour of floor work, think again. You're getting a whole body workout, cardio and all, with particular emphasis on the core. Level 1 in particular made my obliques burn for days afterwards!

For me, Levels 1 and 2 differ only in the intricacy of the moves - the effort level was the same for both (i.e. gasping for breath and begging for water!) The moves in Level 1 are a lot more straightforward and can be followed from the get-go, whereas in Level 2 I found myself stopping a couple of times just to check how Jillian and her two helpers were carrying out a few of the moves (but after a couple of repetitions all was fine). For this reason I actually found Level 1 a bit tougher than Level 2. With each level you do a full 15 minute circuit of moves, before repeating the whole thing again at a faster pace.

As usual, the workout music is nothing to speak of (though for some reason I stop worrying about that once the workout really gets underway!) - but Jillian is at her motivational best on this DVD - she barks at you the whole way through, but it's so encouraging and you REALLY want to do your best and get the most out of every move. If you're having a 'fat' day, stick this DVD on, give it your all and I can guarantee it'll blast your worries into oblivion! Your fitness levels will skyrocket.

And - if you're feeling brave enough, get Jillian's other DVDs too. At the risk of sounding a bit cheesy, your body will thank you for it! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweat away the Fat!, 31 Jan 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
Wow! I held off buying this immediately after it was released; plainly, that was madness as in my opinion, this is JM's best workout yet...and that's saying something, as all of my reviews have given JM's workout dvds 5 stars.
As others have said, this is a noticeable step up from 30DS. Do that before you try to do this.
This time last year, I had never heard of Jillian Michaels, but now I am a complete convert having completed 30DS and loved it (and the results of course - how could anyone not have a vastly improved body after doing 30DS?!). All of my friends commented upon how much weight I had lost, although actually it was more about toning up. Once they found out that I had been doing 30DS, they bought it and now they are converts too! I then went on and bought Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones, which I completed on alternate days. Both of those workouts have me dripping in sweat in the first few minutes and make me feel nicely worked out by the end. They work - I lost weight and fat, with noticeable results within 2 weeks (that's on top of the 30DS results). After less than 2 months, I could not believe the results.
Then I had a busy period with work, stopped working out so frequently and felt that I needed to get back into the routine, perhaps with a new workout to bring mix things up. Am I glad I bought this DVD! JM is on top form, with a fast-paced routine designed to rev up your metabolism (there is quite a lot of aerobic activity in this one) and to tone up your tum (lots of core focused exercises, such as the side plank with twist and the spider plank). As others have said, you will need some handweights for this workout, as in 30DS. Once again, this workout had me dripping in sweat almost immediately and the stomach exercises are awesome, there is really no other word for them! In fact, such was the effect upon me, that I could not then face going on to No More Trouble Zones immediately afterward, which was my plan. For comparison, the moves are a lot faster in this workout than in any of the aforementioned.
This workout is seriously difficult and will push you even further than JM's previous offerings. I have now started a 6 week plan of completing this 5x per week as recommended, together with doing Banish Fat and No More Trouble Zones on alternate days. I will update with how the plan goes (if I don't die of exhaustion first!). I am not sure how JM will top this latest offering, but hopefully none of us will have too long to wait to find out - I hear she is soon to release yet another DVD called Ripped In 30. Sign me up immediately.
Get this DVD now. Do it. You might ache the next day, but you absolutely will not regret it.

UPDATE 08/03/11 - Brilliant results. I know a lot of people here have said that Level 2 was very fast paced if not impossible to perform, but my experience was that after a few times of completing Level 2, it was possible to keep up and perform the moves. Comparing Level 1 with Level 2, I will say my preference was for Level 1 insofar as the "floor" ab work was concerned, but Level 2 insofar as the standing ab/cardio work was concerned, if that makes sense. Favourite (read, effective) moves from Level 1 are the side plank and side crunch. Level 2 favourites are chops with lunge (what a killer, I swear you can feel the fat burning off your waist) and the old favourite plank twists (those of you who have 30DS and NMTZ will recognise those). The results speak for themselves, I am definitely a lot more toned at the core and upper body strength has improved significantly from just performing this workout 5 times a week; I didn't manage to combine with BFBM or NMTZ every day as planned (probably only about a third of the time), but I did carry on with pilates on my reformer. Using this workout 5 times a week will result in weight loss, guaranteed. I would say though that the commitment required is longer than 6 weeks (I would say I need another couple of weeks before I see proper muscle definition in my abs, but then I am a slim apple shape, so sadly my tummy takes some serious work!). I am going to keep on BUT I have just ordered my long awaited copy of: Ripped in 30 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]. I will review that once it arrives and when I have completed the requisite 30 days. In the meantime I would encourage anyone to get 6 week 6 pack and feel great!

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSolutely love it! ;), 1 April 2011
S. Bale "Sar" (Rotterdam, The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
I've had this dvd for a couple of weeks now, and have tried both level 1 and level 2. BOTH are tough! Although the title is 6 pack, both levels give you a full body workout. I definately recommend this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant video, 29 Mar 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
I am already half way through on this video. Done 3 weeks level one, and today it is been my second time of doing level 2. First time i did level two 2 days ago on sunday morning, was going to do it again yesterday but unfortunately the workout left me with aching body for the next two days, had to really force myself to do it this evening as I try to work out at least 5 times a week.
My observation so far: i lost about an inch in my chest ( I am a top heavy person). My bra fits much better :) no more wobbly bits coming out below my armpits ( u do lots of planks which work ur core and also the uper body ).
My boyfriend says my bottom has become much firmed :) Basicaly I have gained some muscles while lost inches. being on many silly diets left me with muscle-less body and lots of wobbly bits. so i was looking for a video that would improve it. and this video definately does the work!!
and at last my belly: well, since i have started it 3 weeks ago I have been feeling my stomach muscles with every move i have been doing, I can definately say they are there now! no more love handles yey!! I can also see some definition in my back... really really pleased with this workout
advise: dont weigh yourself but measure! and be patient, results will come in no time

7.04.2011 update

5th week of exercising ( 2nd week of level 2 - gosh, it is hard ). the first week of level 2 i found it hard to keep balance while performing some exercises, i found it a bit annoying. but it did improve the next week.
some of the exercises have become much easier to perform. eg mountain climbers - i feel like my legs are flying - it is becoz my stomach muscles have become stronger

i have lost an inch around my thights!!!! my jeans has become looser around my bum area :) plus it has become more and more firmed.

Also my spare tire has almost gone... my back looks really nice and it is covered with less fat...

I am not a skinny built ( UK size 12/ sometimes 10 if shopping in non-teenagershop ) but tall 5'9". My waist has remained the same 29" but I have lost quite a lot around my belly area... all my skirts sits lower on my waist.

last sunday I bought a cup smaller bra ( gone from DD to D ), well I am pleased with it, as I mentioned before, I am a top heavy girl..

I dont expect to lose many pounds so I dont bother weighing myself but i do use a measurment tape.

2 more weeks and I am going to do 30day shred video combined with Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism video.

5.0 out of 5 stars 11 out of 10!!!, 20 Jun 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD as a final plea to get a toned stomach for my holiday and I really am counting my blessings and worshipping Jillian after this!

I am not big on exercising and actually can't think of anything worse than going to the gym but this is really great. After day two of attempting level one I felt like I was going to die and I firmly told my boyfriend that I would NEVER be using the DVD again. As a firm gym fanatic he convinced me to give it one last try (and actually complete the whole level even if I needed to take breaks or slow down some of the moves!) and thank god he did!

The first two times I did the workout I didn't make it to the end meaning I never completed the cool down section. THIS IS VITAL! I powered through the DVD for a third time and - admittedly with the occassional breather! - I made it to the end of the level. I felt completely shattered and was sweating so much you could have mistaken me for just having stepped out of the shower, however I really did feel like I'd achieved something. Next day (thanks to the cool down) I ached significantly less than the previous two times - and as I continued to use the DVD I really didn't feel it much at all.

I am now 6 weeks in and the results are absolutely AMAZING. This is not for the faint hearted, which was me 6 weeks ago. You must stick at this and once or twice a week is just not going to be enough. I'd say the workout needs to be four times a week minimum (Jillian recommends 5 times per week) but it's only 30 minutes a day and soon enough it'll become part of your routine. I PROMISE you will notice dramatic results and feel so much more confident about yourself.

I got this just in time to show off my brand new (visible!) abs on holiday and you'd be a fool if you didn't give it a try too! 11 out of 10!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Start as you mean to continue, 1 Jan 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
Today is 1 January 2011. I work out 6 days a week and I see no reason to change my schedule just because it's New Year's Day. Having received this yesterday, I was absolutely dying to get stuck in. 30 Day Shred has been my morning workout for a while now, and I thought this would be a nice alternative. Boy oh boy, did I ever get my abs kicked!

The cardio got my heartrate up, but if I thought I was going to get a break when she said hit the mat I was wrong. The second round is faster too so by the time I finished the workout I'd lost about 5lbs already - in sweat. The side plank hold with the knee tuck was a killer for me, I literally thought my elbow was going to crack from keeping me up, or my shoulder rip out of it's socket or some other such hideous occurence. But be honest, if you are buying a Jillian Michaels dvd I reckon you know it's not going to be something you can do with a full face of make up and daintily mop a bead of sweat from your brow when your done. If that IS what you want, this isn't the dvd for you.

However, if you want to see the light beckoning you to cross over while you're holding spider plank, this IS the dvd for you. Not only do you get an awesome workout (of course), but if you do this in the morning I think it's safe to say that there is probably very little that your body will have to do for the rest of the day that will be this insane, so the hard part is over and you get to feel superior and proud as hell of yourself for doing something amazing for yourself and your body ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very hard but worth it!, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
This is brilliant! I loved her 30 Day Shred DVD but wanted more specific work for my abs and this is definitely what I was looking for. I'm not a beginner to fitness at all and a qualified sports coach and even I struggle with this sometimes but it gives good results. After a few tries my stomach feels stronger already. Brilliant workout and a cheap price considering the quality of the DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 May 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
This is one of the best Exercise DVD's i have done - hard work but you can feel it the next day. Jillian takes no prisoners!!!! Not for the begginer though even phase 1 pretty tough!

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, 2 Jan 2011
Mr. Id And Mrs Kershaw "SarahJ" (Surrey UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
I work out most days and am reasonably fit but boy this is tough. I love it! I actually ache two days later. Its only half an hour, half an hour of hell (level 2) but you can spend the rest of the day feeling incredibly virtuous and smug for having done it so... if you are used to exercise I would highly recommend it:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great :), 1 Jan 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD] (DVD)
Really liked this workout DVD, it's a definite step up from her 30 Day Shred, and I really enjoyed that as well. This DVD gets you sweating in no time and you will definitely feel your body adapting to the changes that are occurring. You do cardio work, ab work and a little bit of muscle work but it's such a killer. I probably would have to say that if I didn't do the 30 Day Shred, I doubt I'd be able to do this one, anyway, Jillian reccommends you work out for 5 days a week and do level 1 for 3 weeks, and level 2 for 3 weeks. Just like the 30DS, I'm aiming to do this DVD every day to see the results.

Would reccommend, very good DVD and an awesome trainer.

Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack [DVD]