Published on 5 Nov 2010 by Horatio Guttersnipe

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong one!
The UK version had the old man in a lighthouse, this was the american version so it wasn't quite what I remember!
Only watched the first episode so far but wasn't as good as I remembered...
Published on 15 Jan 2012 by Claire

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the British version!!!, 19 Jan 2011
This review is from: Fraggle Rock Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
I grew up on Farggle Rock and loved it. I bought this for my 6 year old and 2 year old and they both love it too BUT
and this is a big BUT.
It turns out that different versions of the programme were filmed. I never knew this before. In the UK Fraggle Rock is in a lighthouse run by Fulton Mackay and his dog Sprocket, but this DVD is the US version and Fraggle Rock is based underneath an urban workshop run by a man and his dog Sprocket.
I was very shocked at this and really quite disappointed, but at the end of the day, this DVD is for my children and they love it all the same, but if you're hankering after memories of the lighthouse and Fulton Mackay then do not buy. But having said that, I doubt very much whether the UK version will ever be available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our melody come and sing it with me cause you know we belong to the song!, 5 Nov 2010
This review is from: Fraggle Rock Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
The impact Jim Henson's work had on generations was phenomenal, we are still talking about it and we still miss his genius. Even though this season is the American version the Fraggle segments are the same and this season is probably my favourite as it expressed the spirit of Fraggle beautifully and that spirit was idealistic and so was Henson, but it is a braver stance to have in life than to see only the negative in our system and the world of Fraggle conveyed a truth about life which I see now as the only brave view to have, love everybody, be truthful, fill your mind with only the beautiful and take charge and make things better for all, Fraggle Rock was a Utopia and a dream we can aspire to and that is why it is so enduring!

There is no chance of the original British version coming to light, out of 96 episodes only the 12 remain and A Musical History of Fraggle Rock shows the original British opening of the light house. It is sad but I think people took advantage of Mr Henson's good will and many things were lost or stolen however his achievement and legacy is immense and who knows maybe they'll find those wonderful British versions one day, till then this version of Fraggle Rock is sublime!

5.0 out of 5 stars At long LAST!!!, 19 Oct 2010
This review is from: Fraggle Rock Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
Yay! At long, long, long, LONG last - the DVD companies have got their act together and decided to release the WHOLE season of Fraggle Rock! Finally. It came out in America ages ago, but we in the UK had to make do with a 12-episode disc, followed by a series of other boxed-sets, which only included two or three episodes, each one from the original 12-episode collection. So, it is wonderful to finally be able to start collecting the complete series on DVD. I watched this as a child (I'm now 25) and, as far as children are concerned, it's full of happy singing, dancing and silliness from the Jim Henson Workshop - but underneath, when you're older, you can see the messages and values that are being represented which are messages I think we all need to learn from. Especially now.

The only problem with this DVD - and it's not a problemm - just a bit of a disappointment - it's the original US version -Gerry Parkes who plays an inventor - not Fultan MacKee who ran a light-house, which is what the UK audience is probably more familiar with. I'd love to see the complete UK series, but it took long enough to start collecting the series at all, so I'm quite happy.

I updated my review to five stars as I've been informed WHY these are the american version of Fraggle Rock, but like one of the other reviewers has pointed out - people out there had these episodes on recordings - why can't they be collected and put together like other series are. I personally have a lot of the official VHS releases of the UK version which aren't included in the 12-episodes ... so who knows what went wrong there.

5.0 out of 5 stars stop singing the theme tune ;), 11 April 2013
This review is from: Fraggle Rock Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
let me guess your 33 - 38 you sat with a friend having a few drinks remembering times gone by and after singing 'let the music play worries for another day' you've now come on to amazon to bay the ultimate present for your friend. well don't ..... buy it for yourself or better still by two copies you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fraggle Rock, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Fraggle Rock Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
the grandson really enjoyed these he said that father christmas was magical for getting them for him and he watches all the time

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Fraggle Rock Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
I love it. I brings back memories from my childhood. I recommend this DVD. It is great for children to watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!, 30 April 2013
This review is from: Fraggle Rock Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
My childhood classic... hopefully it will be my daughters classic too. I bought it for her but she is a little young to appreciate it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 21 April 2013
This review is from: Fraggle Rock Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
my granddaughter has enjoyed watching this on many occasions. .. .. .. ,, ,, ,, .. .. ,, .. ..

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 23 May 2012
This review is from: Fraggle Rock Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
The old ones never fade, It might be a bit dated compared to the new graphics available now but my three year old loves it which is why I purchased it.

5.0 out of 5 stars memories, 22 Nov 2014
P. A. Collins (Maidstone, Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fraggle Rock Complete First Season [DVD] (DVD)
Remember this from years ago, still great to watch.

Fraggle Rock Complete First Season [DVD]