Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£7.99

on 22 August 2012
This is a good version of the bible and has the added value of including the apochrypha too. UNfortunately it is not set up with a search function so it is difficult unless you just want to read it straight. I often want to refer to passages in different places that are related but cannot find them easily. I was a little disappointed as I was used to being able to search for passages using a different system with Olive Tree software on an ipod touch. I prefer the NRSV translation and to read it on Kindle too but not as easy as I had hoped.
on 9 April 2013
I love this translation, and all those I've asked seem to approve of it, as it is readable and facilitates understanding of the text. The Kindle version is well laid out and attractively presented.
I do not agree with some of the other reviewers that the navigation is cumbersome, as you can link to a chapter of any book easily, and then page-turn to the verse(s) you want. You'd spend longer looking a verse up in a printed Bible, I suspect. I have enjoyed using it with Reflections for Daily Prayer (another great book), and found no problem in getting to the required passages of the Bible.
What finally did it for me was the price. At under £3 you really can't go wrong.
on 13 March 2012
I like it but find it difficult to find the books of the Bible quickly.

I wouldn't be without it.
on 11 May 2013
I had a paper edition already but my kindle version was an affordable alternative to carrying it everywhere outside the house. It took a little while to get used to the navigation interface, to get to the desired chapter and verse, (I recommend a little practice before using it in church services or lectures, otherwise you could be searching for the passage long after the preacher/lecturer has finished reading it!) but once I got the hang of it it became instantly enjoyable.
on 4 January 2013
Not much point reviewing content, but very convenient not holding either a very heavy book or turning very thin pages. Allows it to be easily transported and thus read at odd moments. Being the E book version it is not so easy to text notes, but that might improve with experience.
on 26 March 2013
Liked this version, easy to read and find what you are looking for. I was able to go backwards and forwards to different books very quickly.
on 16 March 2013
This is a perfect version of the Holy Bible. Very accessible, modern version, nicely set out. Best Bible for me personally.
on 12 March 2013
Bibles on th Kindle are a challenge. Sadly most are hard to jump from one passage to another and this one is no better. However that being said, as a bible to read it is what it says on the tin. It does have a concordance, but that is very hard to use on the Kindle as well, so that feature is not really useful.
on 1 March 2014
This Binle was inexpensive and I thought that I would give it a go. A number of reviewers said it was difficult to find particular references. I very soon discovered how to do this and now have a satisfactory portable bible which helps to weight when travelling.
on 1 June 2014
As a committed Christian I was very interested in reading the Apocrypha which most bibles do not have, I had been loaned a copy by a fellow friend and member of my church but wanted one of my own and was delighted when another one of our Church family told me he had downloaded his copy of a bible so he could do a daily study while travelling to work. I had not know that this was an option but I am delighted with it as it means I will never be without a copy of my bible whenever I travel as taking a heavy book is not always possible. Also to have it in everyday English makes it much easier to read and understand than another copy I had been loaned (just of the Apocrypha) which was in King James 1 English and much harder to follow. Brilliant!