5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy
Absolutely love Poirot and this was really great value for money. I will be buying more Poirot dvd's. Would recommend this to my friends and family
Published 13 months ago by Mrs T B Hunter

2.0 out of 5 stars Only for collectors
Published on 9 Jan 2012 by I. M. Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, 18 Mar 2013
This review is from: Agatha Christie's Poirot: Cards On the Table [DVD] (DVD)

2.0 out of 5 stars Only for collectors, 9 Jan 2012
I. M. Hall "Ian from Berkshire" (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Agatha Christie's Poirot: Cards On the Table [DVD] (DVD)
I think this is the weakest Poirot story yet to be filmed. A decent cast, well directed cannot disguise the flaws in the original writing. I bought it because I forgot to record it and it never seemed to be repeated, I know why now. Very briefly at a cards party the host is murdered. Who dunnit and why? Many of the suspects may have killed before and one has certainly killed again. Ariadne Oliver is in attendance moaning about her Finnish detecive. This is a reference to Christie moaning about Poirot. My copy of this disc has now been given to Oxfam. I can't give to much away without spoiling the plot, but the attitudes to homosexuality portrayed in this adaption are very dated.

ARRAY(0xa54f74e0)