Format: DVD|Change

on 15 April 2012
More of the same please very funny off the wall type film never spoken bulgarian in my life but, now fear becoming bulgarian
on 22 July 2013
Quirky with superb photography. Very clever film. A really good story and in places very funny. Nice twist at the end.
on 9 May 2015
Great oddball film.
on 2 August 2013
I absolutely loved this film. Original, ingenious, peculiar and hilarious. However, as mentioned in many of the reviews the picture quality is poor. Otherwise 5 stars.
on 17 February 2011
I was really looking forward to watching Skeletons after seeing it's nominations for a variety of prizes and also based on the reviews on Amazon. I have to say I was slightly disappointed by it - the idea in itself is good and quite quirky - something you might see a director like Jeunet come up with - but the actual execution doesn't manage to live up to it. I won't spoil the plot other than to say that the 2 main characters work for an organisation who identify and elmininate skeletons in the closet - it's a service they provide. We don't really see enough of this actually happening and it could have been extremely funny or touching if the film covered this aspect more. They are then commissioned by a wife who wants her husband traced and who has a mute daughter where things don't go smoothly. The characters do not establish themselves well enough for us to care too much about them and the climax is not especially dramatic or..climactic which was a real shame. I am not sure if this was aiming to be a comedy or a drama and it fell somewhere between the two. It isn't awful by any stretch but I wouldn't rush to watch it again.
on 2 September 2013
I was recommended Skeletons by my DVD shop. Thank you guys, I absolutely found it awesome. I had to add it to my collection.
on 13 October 2014
Would not compare to withnail and I, some laughs, original and a good effort, but no masterpiece.
on 15 February 2011
This movie shows what you can do with a deft touch, good acting, and nuanced characters. Skeletons questions the choice between reality and dreams more thoroughly than Inception ever did.
on 6 March 2011
This beautifully unique and idiosyncratic film reminded me of a
low-budget Brit version of "Inception", dispensing with the grandiose
score, the overblown special effects, the derivative gun fights and car
chases and the constant exposition to just strip it down to two guys in
suits with briefcases walking around the British countryside and
dealing with the same themes of dreams, memory, loyalty and loss.
Totally original, it makes no concessions, doesn't explain anything
(not, for instance, grinding to a halt every 20 minutes to
explain/contradict the plot like, you know, some other film I could
mention). You just have to go with it, accept its bizarre internal
logic and not over-think things. Nonetheless, one of the most memorable
and intriguing films I've seen for a while, with a great cast. Standout
for me was Paprika Steen who I thought was SENSATIONAL: earthy, mature
and downright sexy. It's a damning indictment of the entertainment
industry that she's not better know. Mind you, I could say the same of
this film. Be brave: give it a go and surrender to its skewed and
surreal charms, because it has charm and imagination a-plenty.
on 15 August 2013
This film's two main female characters are played by actresses whose real names are Paprika and Twopence. If you can get past that, . . . . . then this is a dark, wierd even touching effort that almost looses it in the last quarter but hangs on and wins the day.