5.0 out of 5 stars "Visualize that FAT BURNING!!!!!"
Published on 8 April 2010 by Karmen Edinburgh

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Hard!
I'm a massive fan of Jillian, I love all her other dvd's but I really don't enjoy this one.
It's pure cardio, no equipment needed. It consists of 5 mins warmup then 7 x 6 min sessions of cardio 'drills'.
6 moves run through for 30 seconds each, then repeated.

The first session is kickboxing, jabs, side kicks etc, which is nice!
Then plyometrics,...
Published on 31 Jan. 2011 by C. Godridge

5.0 out of 5 stars "Visualize that FAT BURNING!!!!!", 8 April 2010
A friend recommend this workout and I decided I gave it a try.My sister's wedding is in 3 weeks and 4 weeks ago I was desperate.I bought this lovely dress that I had my eyes set on but I could only get it on a size smaller than mine. I started a diet, I have tried other workouts DVDs(Billy Blanks and Davina) which are great. But Jillian's workouts are the best for me. The are usually 20 minutes long (except this one which is around 40 minutes).And guess what,I can feel the fat burning from day one!! The movements are not crazy in speed but very intense, many parts of your body will work at the same time with intensity.She is very thorough.And this is the most important part, her personality. Jillian is a great motivator, I think this is what keeps me coming back to her.Sometimes I don't feel like working out and I simply play the DVD and I cannot help but getting myself ready and do it. She also explains very well why she is doing that movement and what part of your body is going to benefit from it.I know some people don't like chatty instructors but I don't think her speech is empty.She helps you to achieve your target with very helpful advises When I feel too tired almost at the end of the workout she will shouts "Don't you dare to quit on me!!!" And guess what?, I don't and that is why I can zip up that bloody dress after only a few weeks!!! Good luck to you too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Woahhhhh!!!!, 10 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism [DVD] (DVD)
Started with her 30 day shred and recently bought this. Now i am alternating between the two. Results can be felt immediately. Its a very hard one to do but the few parts i couldnt do, i just added more punches or sit ups etc. and then joined in again where i could.

I definitely recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars tiring, rewarding and you can feel it work!, 20 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism [DVD] (DVD)
Like many others I have Davina workouts which I enjoy and kick boxing workouts which were fantastic but after a few months i found were not pushing me enough. I got this DVD based on it being a good price and a news year resolution had been to get a new DVD every month. Jillian pushes to the extreme, I have never worked out so hard in my life, the only thing i think is missing is a proper warm down with all that exercise i do not find her warm down sufficient in the leg area. I would also like to say you go from one 6 minute fix straight into another so no break unless you pause which feels like cheating! Also have plenty of water to hand i imagine you can lose pounds of sweat alone! Definitely not for a beginner, more intermediate. I cannot manage the whole run but i have only had 2 sessions so will not be too hard on myself but what i will say is that if it every becomes easy or little effort to do I would be amazed! I find my only bit of rest is in the kick boxing as that is more of what I am used to and would say punch across the body as that works some stomach muscles. Ache quite a lot but trying to stretch out. Also i tend to do workouts in the morning pre breakfast, i do feel a bit dizzy with this one so may have to change my routine. The desire to have a body anywhere near as fit as Gillian or her 2 helpers is enough to keep be going! Good luck guys, i hope to buy another one of hers next month!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 15 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism [DVD] (DVD)
Let me start by saying I am a BIG Jillian fan. I have most of her DVDs and early last year used them to shift 10 pounds, drop a dress size and generally tone up. For a variety of reasons (mainly stupidity!) I stopped working out and over the following 8 months the weight crept back on again. So, 6 weeks ago, back to Jillian. I started working out twice a week, then three times and so on until I am up to 6 days a week, plus I do 1/2 hour of interval training on the treadmill three times per week. So I am not unfit, but have only been training again for 6 weeks. I decided to buy this DVD for a bit of variety and reading the reviews I was slightly worried that it would kill me! Did it for the first time today and I have to say - it's not that bad! Hard, yes, makes you sweat, yes, but doable. The only thing I couldn't do were the 180 jump squats - I found they REALLY hurt. It has some different moves in it, so, since I do a Jillian DVD pretty much every day, it is good to keep me interested. It is primarily cardio, no weights needed so I am not sure why people are asking for beginner moves - jumping jacks, knee raises, kicks etc are fairly straightforward and if you can't keep up just move more slowly. In addition, she does show quite a few beginner moves and she definitely allows more breaks than in 30 DS - she will "break for 5" which she doesn't do on any of her other workouts! Generally, a really good workout at a bargain price. I would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very challenging but worth it!, 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism [DVD] (DVD)
I started out with 30DS and was looking for a step up to continue to boost my fitness and strength and have definitely found it! This work out is 40 minutes of sweat soaked cardio and although I thought I was going to die after the first run though it really is amazing. I now combine this with NMTZ and 30DS for when I am a little pushed for time. The music is nothing special but I find Jillian's instruction motivational by itself, or just put my ipod on in the background. I am a definite Jillian convert, I have never felt so fit and strong!! Would definitely recommend this, but if you are new to Jillian start with 30 day shred as this is definitely a step up from that in intensity.

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't know how strong you are til you try!, 20 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism [DVD] (DVD)
If you are familiar with Jillian Michaels you will know she has no time for people who aren't willing to make effort. You will hear her say things such as "don't phone this one in" and "if you want it you have to work for it".

This exercise video is tough as your body is constantly moving, the only recovery periods you going to get are "active recovery periods" where you are doing exercise that allows you to catch your breath but you are still moving. Jillian says it herself "I don't believe in wasting time in life, I certainly don't believe in wasting time during workouts"

The first time I attempted this DVD (Last year)I did the warm up and 2 circuits and gave up because I thought i couldn't do anymore and never bothered using it again. I am overweight and unfit but I have decided I need to be heathy and I am determined. For the past two days I have completed the workout in it's entirety. The only difference between now and the last time I tried is determination. Completing this workout is a complete mood booster, leaves you feeling proud and you ache all over. As Jillian says "you don't know what your body is capable of until you try".

All those leaving negative reviews saying "it's too hard" are probably people like I was last year - quitters. It's easy to say this is hard I can't do it.
Anyone saying this was an "easy workout" are either as fit as Jillian Michaels (who admits to finding her own moves hard) or aren't putting the effort into their work out.
You only get out what you put in!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 5 Nov. 2010
I am a total fan of Jillian Michaels' DVD's and am slowly building the full collection. If like me you have 2 left feet and hate dancy/aerobics style workouts she is the answer. This is a full on Cardio killer! It is in the usual format of warmup followed by circuits (handy feature - if you're pushed for time you can select your circuits!) The first couple slowly build to ease you into it but by cct three my heart rate is soaring! A lot of the exercises are already familiar if you have other of her work outs, but lots of new ones and mixed well in the circuits. Possibly not ideal for the total novice though the circuit selection facility could be used to build mini sessions and work up slowly to the whole thing - there are some exercise modifications if you need to make them easier, but mostly its a case of toughing it out. I love this workout!

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Hard!, 31 Jan. 2011
C. Godridge (Wigan, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism [DVD] (DVD)
6 moves run through for 30 seconds each, then repeated.

The first session is kickboxing, jabs, side kicks etc, which is nice!
Then plyometrics, lots of jumping, burpees, 180 jumps etc. Not too bad but we're only at the 2nd circuit...
No 3 is callesthenics, jumping jacks, standing oblique crunches etc.
4 is on the floor, mountain climbers, lots of plank moves, engaging your core.
5 is a welcome return to kickboxing, swing kicks, back kicks etc.
6 is plyometrics (again, argh!), jump squats, cross country skiing & scissor kicks etc.
Then 7 finishes you off with standing pikes, knee crunches etc.
Then a 5 minute cool down.

Honestly, when I do this dvd I think I'm going to die, or faint, or throw up, or all 3 and I'd class my fitness as Intermediate, I've done the 30 day shred programme & found that hard but weirdly enjoyable, done some P90X, The Firm, Davina etc etc.
It's very challenging and if you are already fit you may like this but I just dread it and it doesn't get used anymore, I really hate the plyometrics. I have a Ki Fit calorie monitor & burn 400 cals doing this workout, but when I can dance on the wii for an hour & burn the same amount less painfully, I know which one I choose! As for losing 5 lbs a week like it says on the cover, I would take that with a pinch of salt. If you do this 3 x a week with a toning/weight routine & a diet then you'll see results, but isn't that always the case?

5.0 out of 5 stars This is brilliant. It's very hard when you first start but ..., 2 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism [DVD] (DVD)
This is brilliant. It's very hard when you first start but please keep going and bear with it. I did this every day for six weeks without obsessing about what my body looked like (I was getting fit for a hike). After six weeks I went shopping for clothes and was taken aback by the transformation in the mirror. If you are serious about losing weight and feeling amazing do this workout and keep doing this workout and so on and so on. The only way to do it is to do it. Micheals knows what works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational!!, 11 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism [DVD] (DVD)
I was inspired to buy this DVD after watching Jillian at work on The Biggest Loser USA.
She is a brilliant trainer, tough but fair & her DVD is no different!
The workout is really tough, but it works!
I've lost 16lbs in 4 weeks!!!!

SERIOUSLY RECOMMENDED!!