5.0 out of 5 stars Neat PDF Utility from Reliable Software House
Like other Nuance products I have seen (we have some at work), this may not be the cheapest solution, but it is really easy to install with the setup "wizard", and the user interface is equally simple and intuitive.

Published on 30 Sept. 2010 by The Dunelmian

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but . . . .
Easy to install and use to create PDF files but I haven't actually found that much use for it and there is other software out there on the internet which will do the same thing. It is an economical alternative to the full package from Adobe but if you create PDF files on a regular basis you may still be better getting the `real' thing.
Published on 8 Dec. 2010 by Damaskcat

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat PDF Utility from Reliable Software House, 30 Sept. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

In fact, I think the simplicity of the software, without too many whistles and bells, is invaluable and what may give it a wider audience and user base. You really don't need to be a techie to make it work properly for you and it doesn't keep asking you to confirm or change settings with multiple clicks.

I loaded it onto our Vista OS home pc in a couple of minutes and registered online with Nuance (as I know of them, I didn't mind putting the limited compulsory personal info, but I was surprised how much voluntary info they asked for and which I declined to give). They do tend to offer online updates and bug fixes, so it is worth registering.

Getting back to the PDF creation, the tool can be opened and run on its own, or when in MS Word Excel or similar the option is there to send a file direct to the PDF Create tool.

A while back we wanted to combine some of my daughter's various homework documents into a single pdf. I browsed the web and tried some of the freeware, but to be honest none of them really worked. I wish we had had this utility back then. It is so easy to click and drop all sorts of file types into the utility and then create a single pdf.

The option to add some security is handy too. We often worry about emailing photos to family and friends, but now we can drop them into a pdf and secure it.

This is going to be one of those useful little "widgets" that will have a wide variety of uses for all of the family i.e. business, homework and personal uses. It does what it says on the tin, reliably and without fuss, and you cannot ask more than that.

I wouldn't like to say whether it is worth the full RRP, but I guess the answer is "yes" for business users, and for home users it as a considered purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Product for work., 23 Sept. 2010
S. Broadbent "cyberspaceexpress" (Devon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
PDF Create (7.0) works well.
It was effortless to install and you can master the basics in 5 minutes.
This has proved ideal for work in that you can create a PDF from any Word or Excel document which makes it easy for recipients to read and is professional and smart looking.
Also you can control how others read or modify your documents.
The batch creation feature allows you to make multiple PDF's, the advantage of this is they make a great way to archive material which can be stored on disc and retrieved instantly.
There are a few other functions i haven't got around to yet but i am very happy with this program and can thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does pretty much what is asked, 7 Dec. 2010
Fletch-a-sketch "Fletch" (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This software does what is asked of it converting files to PDF format which is great for sending securely.
Its relatively easy to use, and quite user friendly. On my daughters laptop its does not affect the speed unduly and appears not to be too resource hungry.

Good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and simple PDF creator, 19 Sept. 2010
Kevin Trebell (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been looking to get hold of a PDF creator and didn't need the full acrobat package.

This is an ideal tool for the job. It allows you to print from a variety of programs including the Office suite plus Web Browsers and Email, in fact it presents a print driver that means you can print to PDF from any program that has a print function.

It also provides a handy tool that allows you to carry out bulk PDF creation operations, such as turning all the documents in a specified location into PDF's (either individually or combined into one output PDF). This will save a lot of time where you do need to convert a bunch of documents.

This is a simple to use and nicely integrated tool and well worth a look if you need a PDF creator.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good solution to creating your own PDF's, 14 Dec. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This must be one of the easiest to use products available for creating PDF's. You install it, and admittedly go through the whole proces of registering details and avoiding putting in the (very personal) optional info. From thereon in it works fine. You can create PDF's without any sort of protection, or with a password, or of different qualities, or add tags. The list goes on and on. The software is comprehensive and integrates functions with Office 2007 (only one I have to test it on). So you can create your PDF's directly from your word processing programs.

As you would expect the box is about 5 times too big. It could do with being a DVD case size, but you can't have everything!

Good product that does what it is designed to. Plus it integrates well with existing software.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but . . . ., 8 Dec. 2010
Damaskcat (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, but harmful, 18 Sept. 2010
SAP "Steba" - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It does what it says it does and, what's more, it is simple to use. I created an Adobe Acrobat 7.0 PDF file in seconds after installing this software without even having to read the instructions - I wish the instructions were paper documents, though. It is that intuitive. You also get a little button on your toolbar in Internet Explorer to create PDF files of websites with one click. Excellent. One point: I KNOW that this software has upset my machine in some way which has caused me no end of hassle. It worked fine itself, it just HAS overwritten something else which came to my attention via a pop-up window every time I booted up (is 'booted up' still a current phrase?). Hence two docked stars. Also it has come to my attention since writing the first draft of this review (which I gave 5 stars) that there is software on the Internet that does pretty much all this does that you don't need to pay for. So why pay for it? I'm not qualified to answer that.

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, good, but....?, 16 Oct. 2010
Samuel "Samuel" - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
PDF Create is designed to function best with Windows 7, and it certainly was easy to install and easy to use. PDFs can be created in a couple of mouse-clicks, and there's lots of settings that can be adjusted to allow different resolutions, 'best-fit' outputs, etc. In that sense, it's well worth using, and I've been PDFing to my heart's content.

One does have to wonder though precisely where this fits into the marketplace. There are a myriad of free or shareware PDF writers out there, and whilst they may not have as complete functionality as PDF Create, I do wonder whether there are sufficient differentiating factors between this product and others. Don't get me wrong - it's very good and easy to use, and I like it a lot. I'm just not sure who would buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use with clever plugs in to Ms Office, 20 Jan. 2011
BD "bigdave2020" (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is so refreshing to take delivery of software that is reliable and delivers its promises. I found the software easy and quick to install, I loved the simple yet brilliant plug in to Ms Office that offers the option to export the file you are working on into a PDF, and experienced no crashes in over two weeks of use and not too large an install footprint on your hard drive either!

So why only four stars? Simple really, the price. With an MRRP of £49.99 the cost is a bit salty for the home user, personally I think £29.99 would be a bit fairer price wise, but for a busy small business with a decent web presence and e-commerce activity, I would go as far so say that this software is not just worth considering, but possibly essential.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent PDF-creator software, 23 Sept. 2010
Dr. Paul Ell (NI, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This software allows PDF documents to be created from a wide variety of file formats. It allows PDFs to be secure and un-editable, searchable, password protected, encrypted and more. On Windows 7 it installed in a few minutes with no problems at all. The software is straightforward and intuitive to use. You simply select the file you wish to convert into a PDF and specify the type of PDF you want. It also will work in batch mode and will combine several documents into a single PDF.

I can't see any faults or shortcomings in the software. It would be nice to be able to edit PDFs but the software neither promises or offers this option which is fine. Overall a good utility.

PDF Create 7.0 (PC)
PDF Create 7.0 (PC) by Nuance Communications, Inc. (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)