on 12 June 2011
Wow!! I mean . . . . Wow!! What a great book!! Raea is falling in love with Elis but freaks when his cousin reveals that he is bonding with her. Bonding is a life long commitment and they are only 18. Raea is frightened by such a huge commitment and wants some time apart from him, to be able to examine how she feels. It has been a life changing 6 weeks to find out that she is an alien, not human, to be attacked and rendered unconscious by an enemy, to find out that whilst she was unconscious she'd been raped, that she has a mysterious power within, that her Mother's necklace, that she always wears, contains an alien entity and now Elis wants to form a life long bond. And that was just in book 1 !! In this, book 2, Raea requests a temporary separation (not easy when you live next door and go to to High School with your boyfriend) to enable her to sort out her feelings. However, whilst she is apart from Elis, Raea is kidnapped by her enemies and taken back to her home planet. Her enemies want to kill Raea and take possession of the crystal shard round her neck, using it to power a super~weapon. Broken Wings tells of her fight to escape her enemies, her discoveries and wonder at her home planet and it's inhabitants, new friendships and new understanding of whom she really is. Raea realises that she does love Elis enough to bond with him but can she ever escape her enemies clutches long enough to return to Earth and tell him? Meanwhile on earth, Elis believes that Raea is dead and is devastated. He is trying to cope, trying to find ways to distract himself from the hole in his life where Raea once was.

A super book! It was action~packed and fast paced through out the whole story. The characters were well rounded and well developed (important to me, as no matter how good a story is, I don't like it unless I feel empathy for it's characters). There was non~stop action and suspense throughout the whole story (from the beginning, right up to the end) and it was hard to put my Kindle down! The final chapter had me crying like a baby! I absolutely loved this book and as soon as I finished it, I went on to Amazon to purchase the sequel!
on 9 April 2015
slow to get into at first. but then when the truth starts to finally come out the book takes on a whole energy of its own. don't want to spoil the surprise so I am trying to be carefull what I write. great book for children an adults alike nothing offensive found. great kindle filler for the hols. if you like fantasy books , magic an the likes you definatley will like this !
on 10 July 2013
I love the starfire angels books. I have read 1 - 3 so far and think that there all real page turners. Each story is different, and gives you different situations and character in-site. There's a few twists that you don't see coming and you find yourself enthralled in the characters relationships and history. I have just brought all the follow on books from these.
on 21 February 2013
This story is gripping, and has you on the edge of your seat. You have to keep reading but you don't want it to end, you know it not the end of the story when you have finished the book.
But it holds your mind to what can happen next
on 30 December 2012
I liked this book a lot. I really enjoyed reading the feelings of the characters and all about the new world. It was so exciting and I just had to read on. I am looking forward to the next book which I will get instantly. I would recommend this book to anyone because it is just brilliant!
on 8 March 2014
This is the second in this series and as good as the first in my opinion. Great characters and exciting storyline. Looking forward to reading the next in this series.
Lynn
on 31 May 2013
Wow! I read the first one and loved it. It took a bit of getting into but then it's great... Now I know the story it's really good. Definitely get it!
on 30 August 2012
really enjoyed this book. Different idea for the original premise. Moves along well and am keen to purchase the next in the series
on 27 August 2013
This is a really good book and is so gripping and I love it with all my heart ok maybe not all my heart but u know what I mean
on 20 August 2014
I love this book!! I read the first book and thought it was amazing, so I decided to try book 2. I was equally impressed!