4.0 out of 5 stars Almost everything I need
Published on 23 Jan 2012 by Master J

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost everything you need..
with the exception of a couple of tyre levers. I also find that the components are a tad on the loose side and tend to flop about when in use. Nicely presented in a storage tin, reasonably sturdy and not too weighty. You could do worse.
Published 24 months ago by Gary Dean

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost everything I need, 23 Jan 2012
This review is from: Crank Brothers Multi-19 Tool Bike Tools & Maintainance (Sports)
When you open this you will find it comes snugly packaged in a free aluminium flask, which is a useful thing to have even if like me you don't use it to carry the tool. I chose this tool because the gold aluminium frame and steel tools looked stylish and more importantly like they would last. Crank brothers seem to think so too as they include a lifetime warranty with it!

The tools were a little stiff to get out and the one I picked out would often be followed by a few others if they weren't held back. The benefit of the stiffness is that the tools stand up on by themselves and are less likely to slip when in use. I chose to loosen the tools with two 3mm Allen keys, but do whatever suits you.

So to review each of the 19 tools:
1-7: Allen keys in sizes (mm):
2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8
They worked very well and fit closer than some separate keys I already had.

8-10: Screw drivers. There are two Phillips and a flathead. These will work when needed, but as they are attached to a large body means that it is hard to get to screws in awkward places like the front derailleur. This could have been helped by placing them as the outside tools instead of in the middle.

11-12: t25 and t10 torx. I haven't used these yet as torx are mainly in disc brakes which I don't have, but I see no reason why they wouldn't work as well as the screw drivers and Allen keys.

13: Chain breaker. I just used this for my first ever chain replacement and it was extremely easy to use and some friends have said it may even be better than some of their dedicated chain tools. Crank brothers say it works with 8-10 speed chains but it worked fine on my 7 speed.

14-19 Attached to the chain tool there is a removable metal plate with the crank brothers logo on (see product picture). This contains 4 spoke wrenches which only label the sizes 0-3 but I assume these are the main sizes. It also has two spanners. The 10mm one is useable but the 8mm one set is inside the 10mm and I found it impossible to use it to adjust my brakes.

This has an aluminium flask, t10 torx and extra Phillips screwdriver over the m17, if you are trying to decide between the two.

The only thing missing is a pair of tyre levers, but you can understand that they were left out to allow this to have such an elegant form (and crank bros also make the excellent speed lever). I wouldn't hesitate in buying this again, but will never need to as it feels like it will last a lifetime.

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost everything you need.., 3 Sep 2012
Gary Dean (Dorking, UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely well made, 18 April 2012
This bike tool is very well made and has already been subjected to a lot of stress. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that the hexs could be a bit longer. Their length makes it impossible to reach one hex-nut past my front sprocket. ...fortunately it's not something I can foresee needing to mess with away from home, so it shouldn't be a problem on the road. :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool tool, 30 July 2011
Feels good quality and it has all you'll need. However, I am not sure that the multi 19 is worth the difference when compared with the multi 17. The case is great, the spoke key is perfect and the chain tool is easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars All Tooled up, 20 Nov 2012
Michael Miller (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a good tool to take on extended trips, covers all things on my bike, comes in a nice box and is small enough to fit in my saddle bag with my spare tube and scabs, quality is excelent too

4.0 out of 5 stars Bike tool, 25 May 2012
Very useful and handy compact bike tool. Everything you need together! Seems robust so will hopefully last a long time

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit, 12 Jan 2012
I take this tool whenever I am riding my bike. It has replaced having to carry a variety of Allen keys and other tools. A good compact tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool - perfect companion to my 4inch adjustable wrench., 8 July 2014
Perfect little tool - combined with a 4inch Adjustable Spanner Wrench I can tackle virtually all problems on the families varied bicycles which seem to occur in the middle of nowhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent tool, 1 July 2014
P. barton (LONDON) - See all my reviews
an excellent multi-tool has loads of bits and is fairly compact aswell and easy to store on my bike, comes in a nice little tool flask definately the best on i have ever bought , some others i have used have not been as sturdy or so well designed as this

5.0 out of 5 stars crank Brother multi tools, 26 May 2014
Im very with it.very nice and every time I go biking.. crank Brother always with me..It's very compact.. love it

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›