1,783 Reviews
 (1,141)

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended
I bought this as a replacement for my Naga after the clicker wore out for the SECOND time, so rather than shelling out 50 quid for a 'proper' gaming mouse I thought I'd give this cheaper option a shot...after all, for £10 where could I go wrong?

Published 9 months ago by Dan Baldry

1.0 out of 5 stars Scroll button has stuck after 3 months
The scroll button always was sticky but now it's totally stuck. It's made of soft rubber and it seems to get stuck as you scroll it upwards.

Can't return it as it's after 30 days.
Published 11 months ago by Leet8845

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 29 Aug. 2014

Surprisingly the answer was not far - make no mistake this does look and feel like a budget mouse, but it performs exactly as advertised. There is no software to adjust the sensitivity, rather you must observe the LED under the mouse wheel which will increase in brightness as the DPI is increased. This can be quite difficult to check, but as there are only 3 settings and you will see a noticeable difference in the speed of the cursor onscreen it's not really a problem.

PROs

- Fits my hand quite well
- A decent stopgap replacement for a more expensive mouse
- No software necessary, just plug in and play
- Wired so no batteries necessary
- Assignable side buttons
- CHEAP

CONs

- Initially the right mouse button was quite stiff due to the button rubbing against the rest of the mouse construction - after some non-mechanical adjustment it seems to have gone away however
- I had to unplug it at night since the mouse was not powering off with the PC, meaning that the bright blue LED stayed on (after reinstalling Windows however it powered off correctly so this isn't a problem any more)
- It does feel very plasticky and cheap but I didn't expect otherwise
- The clickers are embarassingly loud so wear headphones!

2,000 DPI is not quite enough for my current needs but I'd definitely be willing to check out the other TeckNet mice based on the strength of this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why pay silly money..?, 10 Mar. 2015
J. L. Giles (UK) - See all my reviews
Fast delivery, well packaged and received undamaged. Having Amazon Prime I ordered this mouse on the Saturday morning and it was delivered on the Sunday..Excellent. Setting up was fast, easy and hassle free, Having had my (£70) Logitek G700 give up on me I was looking for the sam kind of button set up and DPI control for different ingame and media control, I came across this TeckNet M009. It seemed to look the same had roughly the same button lay out and shape as the Logitek at a much, much lower price, the only difference I could see was it wasn't wireless but that wasn't going to be a deal breaker as the Logitek was mostly plugged in on charge anyway(still usable). Anyway, so plugged the TeckNet in a spare USB socket and loaded the software up then clicked on the "mouse setting" icon on my desktop. The settings menu/window is instantly easily understood and very well layed out. So many settings for the hardcore gamer or Media buff, or simple settings for the casual computer user. Multi button configerations Ie: Macros, single key stroke, multi key stroke and many more..Mouse acceleration, pointerspeed scroll speed, double click speed with tester panel and a Polling rate in Hz..Then the next window is DPI multi speed setting, next window is the mouse light colour which has brightness levels or off, and a multi colour chart for custom colour, your choice. also there is a "breathing" control which makes the light pulsate at a steady breathing rate which is also speed controlable..Once you are happy with your personel set up go back to page 1 in the window and click on any of the 5 profile save buttons and your all set to go. Having 5 profile save spaces you have full control in any game or media centre/software on the fly. different profile settings changes the colour of the mouse wheel so you know exactly what profile you are using all the time. You can also set the DPI settings on the fly with the 2 buttons just below the mouse wheel, theres also 4 tiny red LED lights to let you know what DPI setting you have chosen..+ comes with a set of small weights which slot into a compartment on the underside of the mouse so you can play around with the lightness or the solid weighted feel to your desire..Excellent! This is a been a long review as I'm very impressed with the overal features and settings control you have and usually I pay silly money for the best of what is avaiiable for my needs. This mouse has really changed my mind on my spending habbits..So I can not fault this TeckNet M009 mouse at all and thouroughly reccomend to any gamer, media buff or casual computer user out there! Forgot to mention "comfort"...Slots in the hand very nice and all the buttons are exactly where you want them to be, the mouse has a non slip surface and feels great. The buttons have a nice clear "click" when pressed so doesn't feel cheap and nasty at all. Mouse wheel has a very slight notchy guide for precise positioning..Good stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain!, 18 July 2013
Product was much much better than I had expected.

Nice feel and customization, it includes weights to add into the mouse to give it a heavier/lighter feel!.

I think this might be a rebranded Anker gaming mouse (which costs alot more). You can download the drivers from the Anker site, and then use it to customize the light colours etc (personally I turn them all off for gaming in the dark, I find the blue lights distracting)

7 programmable buttons (if you include the scroll click) and a button on the bottom to swap profiles. What more could you want?!?

Would of happily paid more for this mouse!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Gaming Mouse, but need Game Controller App for Mac OS X, 30 Oct. 2013
Hello there, Just leaving feedback on this fine mouse..well, MICE... I bought two :D

Excellent build quality, a little heavier than I'm used too, so havent bothered with the adjustable weights. I use this mostly for COD4 Modern Warfare on Mac OS X snow leopard.
... It was so fast on the top DPI that I thought my eyeballs were gonna fly outta my head!
Luckily, the lights on the top are REALLY nice and you can always tell just what DPI setting your on.. the top one is ....fast!

This seems to be a rebranded Anchor Mouse... which costs twice the price.
its here
[...]

Ergonomically, its a beauty, the three gold buttons look like they would be in the way but work fine, the top one took a little getting used too as ...I dont usually have one there :)

I was advised by a mate to get one of these, and his report was so good, I got two.... :) very happy with it BUT

...It works fine however the programmable buttons ....arent on the Mac :)

Unless... you use a Game Controller, programming app... which I DO! lucky me.

using

Controller mate, from Ordered BYtes
[...] then this mouse is the Bomb!

FUlly customisable, and all buttons can be programmed as you wish :)

There are also other apps you can try , but the buttons will work fine if you select them in game , but you cant program them to be particular things...say like A D S W. but you can just click the buttons in COD to select them. so fine :)

happy days :)

Also, If you use windows aswell, its no problem and you can do as you wish.

personally I'm VERY HAPPY....

1.0 out of 5 stars Scroll button has stuck after 3 months, 19 Jun. 2014

Can't return it as it's after 30 days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible mouse, better than most high branded competitors., 22 April 2015
This mouse disproves the myth that 'you get what you pay for' in this area. Other mice that cost several times more than this are equal to the standard of this and I think for its price this mouse is a bargain.

The mouse features several programmable buttons which can be programmed in its very own driver program (which i had trouble getting hold of to start off with as i do not use a disc drive.) The button can be assigned to different macros or keys which i find incredibly useful for things such as gaming or shortcut keys in productivity. This mouse feels incredibly solid and includes a metal base in which a compartment where weights can be added or taken out to customize movement. The matte finish on the mouse surface has a very nice feel and doesn't feel cheap at all, and I have owned this for several months now and it still shows no signs of wear at all.

The mouse features a nylon threaded wire which is long enough for most operations, and i find unlike my other mice the wire doesn't rub against the desk. This, paired with the incredibly high quality sensor, makes movement with this mouse on any surface an easy task. As a gamer, i had a very good experience using this mouse in both first person shooter and other games.

Underneath the mouse there is a small button which toggles between 5 completely customisable modes, which are set to different DPI levels by default. These can be changed to allow different functions for the buttons and lights which are all placed on the mouse very well. The mouse also features a few rubber grips on the bottom which stop any sort of scratching onto the surface the mouse is being used on without causing friction and compromising movement speed.

So overall, the only negative thing i have to say about this mouse is that the scroll wheel light colour cannot be changed easily, however this is not a big deal as I'm sure there's a way that i haven't found out yet, and the availability of the driver isn't the best if the user doesn't have a CD/DVD drive installed although I'll post a link below this review. Everything else about this mouse is incredible and has blown me away with its quality and small price. I would definitely recommend to anyone who is thinking about buying a mouse, especially for gaming purposes.

Driver program: http://www.tecknetonline.com/download/MouseKeyboard/M008_V1.0.zip

4.0 out of 5 stars ... had this mouse just over a month used it pretty extensively for gaming (especially league of legends/counterstrike) so I ..., 14 April 2015
I've had this mouse just over a month used it pretty extensively for gaming (especially league of legends/counterstrike) so I think I'm pretty well versed in how good this mouse is.

I just got the steelseries rival mouse which is what I'm going to be comparing it to so you can judge for yourself if this is the correct mouse to buy.

Pro's

Lightweight

Adjustable DPI (only 600,1200,2000) - which for some may not be adjustable enough or high enough but for general gaming you can't complain DPI isn't everything.

2 mouse buttons for your thumb which are useful in gaming.

Very long and sturdy cable. Its braided looks a lot more durable than the rivals.

Con's

No mouse software - its to be expected at this price but I still think its something to be mentioned.

The scroll wheel notches or whatever you call them are small what I mean by that is its very hard to say move the wheel down 3 clicks. The rival scroll wheel is more distinguishable so in counterstrike for example if I want to shift through 2 guns its easy to do on the rival. On the tecknet its hard I would have to scroll slowly and gently to do 2 clicks. Hope that makes sense.

Lift-off distance (LOD) - if you're unsure what this is please google it. The LOD of this mouse is rather high. So when I was playing counterstrke on a pretty normal sensitivity if I spun around a large distance I'd have to reset the mouse a.k.a lift it up and re-centre it on the mouse pad. Because the liftoff distance was high my cursor continued moving while the mouse was in the air for a decent distance. This personally drove me insane playing CSGO my cursor flicking in the direction I lifted the mouse in ever so slightly... I ended up using tape to cover part of the sensor as suggested by google which did lower the liftoff distance... but it is still a little too high... and well should you be having to use tape in an attempt to fix this? no.

The mouse works at 125hz I checked using a tracking program. This means the sensor updates every 8 milliseconds. To put that into perspective the standard hz a CSGO pro player uses is 500 or so (so every 2 milliseconds) With the rival mouse I have going up to 1000hz if thats what you fancy.

The mouse is all plastic would be nice if it had rubber on the sides like my microsoft mouse before!

So in my opinion for £10 it's a bargain I doubt there's a better mouse for that price. But don't be misled thinking this mouse competes with top of the range gaming mice. The rival I have had for a day now feels better, has more customization, more accurate (yes I can honestly tell you I feel a difference).

If you're serious about gaming this isn't something you should buy over a "£60" mouse which I saw someone saw in a review that is nonsense.

If you're on a budget this is a great deal but if you want to be serous about gaming especially in FPS games which I played you'll want something better. Trust me.

I gave it 4 stars even though its great value mainly because this mouse is far from perfect and I think the reviews are a little misleading I have used this mouse and a more expensive one and there is an obvious difference in performance.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Experience., 14 Aug. 2014
Mr. M. Ovais - See all my reviews
This review is from: TeckNet® High Precision Programmable Wireless Gaming Mouse With 2000 DPI, Nano Receiver, 5 Programmable Button, 5 User Profiles (Personal Computers)
Delivery was good, arrived on the day listed when the order was made. The packaging was sufficient for the product.

The product itself looks good, it's a stylish little mouse with a comfortable feel in the hands. It was very easy to set up, I downloaded and installed a driver from their website. Once the USB portion was inserted into the computer and I switched the mouse to On, it picked it up.

The first thing I did was change the DPI as it was too low for me and I got it to what was probably the same as the setting with my previous wired mouse, about the same speed of response.

So far so good.

So I decided to give it a first crack playing a game. I play RTS games on my PC so I'm constantly having to select mass units, individual units etc. That is where this mouse failed miserably, it was almost like I had to click twice to get something to happen. It was like the distance between the mouse and the PC was 5/6 metre, when in relaity it was less than 1 metre. I tried to change the DPI, use a different USB slot in my PC, but the results were the same. The mouse is find if you're not gaming, but definitely no good for me as a gamer.

So I decided to give it to my brother to use with the laptop as a non-gamer. In the meantime I'm using my wired logitech gaming mouse, which I've have for 18 months and I'm very happy with. My first experience with a gaming mouse hasn't been a pleasant one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Problems then solutions, 13 Feb. 2014
I bought this mouse for my little brother whom i've been slowly bringing from the darkness of console gaming towards the whimsical wonder of PC. Coupled with my old laptop and a steam account i decided that as christmas was coming up that this would be a good mouse for him to use while gaming and snapped it up in November. The mouse arrived in minimal packaging with no damage and my first thoughts were good, in fact i almost thought about keeping it for myself. But that would've required another present so i stuck with giving it to him. Christmas comes around and a big smile from my smaller sibling as he opens this assuming it's a top priced gaming mouse (how little he knew) and was happy with it way up into the beginning of February.

Unfortunately it developed a little problem of randomly disconnecting. Not usually a problem while browsing but while in the middle of some hectic online PVP 5 seconds worth of no mouse every 10 minutes or so was an experience killer and so this mouse found it's way to being put back on my desk by a disgruntled little gamer. I gave Teknet (or bluebyte, not sure who runs the show) a message through Amazon and the next day they sent me out a replacement. so far this one seams like it'll last for a while so all in all top customer service and a great product. Five stars.

Alex.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Surprised..., 25 Aug. 2014
Recently my mouse broke so I started using my backup mouse which is a wireless Logitech MX Revolution, however upon plugging it in it started skipping.

I suspected this was just a quirk of it being wireless but have my mouse break and now my back up not functioning properly I thought maybe it was a USB port problem on the motherboard itself, so rather than blow £80+ on a brand new mouse which may suffer the same problems I just wanted a cheap test so headed to amazon.

Upon seeing this mouse I suspected the worse, it looks very cool on the images so I figured I'd roll the dice and you know what? I'm glad I did.

The cheapness only really shows in 3 aspects:

1) The lack of support documentation and drivers
2) The no frills packaging
3) The "shell" of the mouse is just that, a shell and it's only purpose is to look cool it's not really there to aid function.

Now whilst it doesn't come with much documentations or drivers you really don't need any, and the mouse is a straight plug and play. I hate paying more for packaging that will end up in the bin roughly a week later so the little box is actually preferable for me.

Now the "shell" is a build quality thing and the only place where you can see evidence of them cutting corners on this mouse. It's not that the quality is poor it's that the shell wasn't designed with the components of the mouse itself in mind. The cutout groves in the side which are usually DPI indicators aren't actually anything at all, it's as if there's just one really bright blue LED in the mouse and all the holes exposing the light give the impression that there's a lot more going on than there actually is.

Also the optical/laser (no idea what it is tbh, at £10 I didn't care lol) light shines through the font of the mouse so if you have a dual/tri monitor setup you'll probably get some glare on the the screen as the light reflects off it.

That's really the only gap in quality I can find, granted I've only had it for about an hour but unless it falls apart in my hand at some point in the next week I have to say it seems like incredible value.

Oh and worth adding I don't generally buy rubbish, all my previous mice (if that's the plural form) have all been what most would consider quality products. They include Razer Copperheads, Razer Diamondbacks, Razer DeathAdders, Logitech G7, Logitech G5, Roccat Kone+ as well as non-gaming mice such as Evoluent 4 vertical mouse, Logitech Air, Logitech MX Revolution... you get the point.

I mention this because typically you get a lot of people judging products as being good because they're not used to quality, I am, and this mouse really surprised me.