1,356 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended
I bought this as a replacement for my Naga after the clicker wore out for the SECOND time, so rather than shelling out 50 quid for a 'proper' gaming mouse I thought I'd give this cheaper option a shot...after all, for £10 where could I go wrong?

Published 3 months ago by Dan Baldry

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Experience.
Delivery was good, arrived on the day listed when the order was made. The packaging was sufficient for the product.

Published 4 months ago by Mr. M. Ovais

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 29 Aug 2014

Surprisingly the answer was not far - make no mistake this does look and feel like a budget mouse, but it performs exactly as advertised. There is no software to adjust the sensitivity, rather you must observe the LED under the mouse wheel which will increase in brightness as the DPI is increased. This can be quite difficult to check, but as there are only 3 settings and you will see a noticeable difference in the speed of the cursor onscreen it's not really a problem.

PROs

- Fits my hand quite well
- A decent stopgap replacement for a more expensive mouse
- No software necessary, just plug in and play
- Wired so no batteries necessary
- Assignable side buttons
- CHEAP

CONs

- Initially the right mouse button was quite stiff due to the button rubbing against the rest of the mouse construction - after some non-mechanical adjustment it seems to have gone away however
- I had to unplug it at night since the mouse was not powering off with the PC, meaning that the bright blue LED stayed on (after reinstalling Windows however it powered off correctly so this isn't a problem any more)
- It does feel very plasticky and cheap but I didn't expect otherwise
- The clickers are embarassingly loud so wear headphones!

2,000 DPI is not quite enough for my current needs but I'd definitely be willing to check out the other TeckNet mice based on the strength of this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain!, 18 July 2013
Product was much much better than I had expected.

Nice feel and customization, it includes weights to add into the mouse to give it a heavier/lighter feel!.

I think this might be a rebranded Anker gaming mouse (which costs alot more). You can download the drivers from the Anker site, and then use it to customize the light colours etc (personally I turn them all off for gaming in the dark, I find the blue lights distracting)

7 programmable buttons (if you include the scroll click) and a button on the bottom to swap profiles. What more could you want?!?

Would of happily paid more for this mouse!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Stuff! But it will need an extra program to sort things out..., 22 July 2014
I bought this because the glides under my old mouse were wearing out taking my cloth mousepad with it and I couldn't find replacement glides for it anywhere since they were an unusual shape. The glides under this mouse are more conventional with an oval shape which is easy to find and they are really good for making the mouse easier to move despite the 40g extra weight.

The mouse itself doesn't have changeable weight tuning, which is a bit misleading. Instead, the 40g of extra weight is already placed into the mouse for you which makes the back of the mouse seem heavier. If you're not used to weight tuned mice then you will find this mouse hard to use but once you're used to it the extra weight at the back helps to stabilize your aim.

Overall it's a good gaming mouse if you won't need more than 2000 dpi. The only reason that this mouse didn't get 5 stars is because there is no option by default to set macros for it and that the "MOUSE4" and "MOUSE5" buttons (the ones at the side) don't work in games but this can be overcome by downloading a program called "X-Mouse Button Control". Unlike games this program will recognize your side buttons but for some reason they're the wrong way around ("Mouse4" on the physical mouse actually registers as Mouse5 and vice versa) and you have an option so these buttons can emulate a real MOUSE4 and MOUSE5 key press and this will solve the issue of not being able to press MOUSE4 and MOUSE5 in games. You will still be able to go back and forth in web browsers as normal once you've done this. I guess you can also use X-Mouse to make macros for the two extra buttons if you wish but be aware that you will have to manually change it for each game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Surprised..., 25 Aug 2014
Recently my mouse broke so I started using my backup mouse which is a wireless Logitech MX Revolution, however upon plugging it in it started skipping.

I suspected this was just a quirk of it being wireless but have my mouse break and now my back up not functioning properly I thought maybe it was a USB port problem on the motherboard itself, so rather than blow £80+ on a brand new mouse which may suffer the same problems I just wanted a cheap test so headed to amazon.

Upon seeing this mouse I suspected the worse, it looks very cool on the images so I figured I'd roll the dice and you know what? I'm glad I did.

The cheapness only really shows in 3 aspects:

1) The lack of support documentation and drivers
2) The no frills packaging
3) The "shell" of the mouse is just that, a shell and it's only purpose is to look cool it's not really there to aid function.

Now whilst it doesn't come with much documentations or drivers you really don't need any, and the mouse is a straight plug and play. I hate paying more for packaging that will end up in the bin roughly a week later so the little box is actually preferable for me.

Now the "shell" is a build quality thing and the only place where you can see evidence of them cutting corners on this mouse. It's not that the quality is poor it's that the shell wasn't designed with the components of the mouse itself in mind. The cutout groves in the side which are usually DPI indicators aren't actually anything at all, it's as if there's just one really bright blue LED in the mouse and all the holes exposing the light give the impression that there's a lot more going on than there actually is.

Also the optical/laser (no idea what it is tbh, at £10 I didn't care lol) light shines through the font of the mouse so if you have a dual/tri monitor setup you'll probably get some glare on the the screen as the light reflects off it.

That's really the only gap in quality I can find, granted I've only had it for about an hour but unless it falls apart in my hand at some point in the next week I have to say it seems like incredible value.

Oh and worth adding I don't generally buy rubbish, all my previous mice (if that's the plural form) have all been what most would consider quality products. They include Razer Copperheads, Razer Diamondbacks, Razer DeathAdders, Logitech G7, Logitech G5, Roccat Kone+ as well as non-gaming mice such as Evoluent 4 vertical mouse, Logitech Air, Logitech MX Revolution... you get the point.

I mention this because typically you get a lot of people judging products as being good because they're not used to quality, I am, and this mouse really surprised me.

5.0 out of 5 stars cool mouse bought two!, 14 Aug 2013
Use this with Linux more especially for gaming (wow) in Linux as a general replacement for a mouse with dodgey scroll, never tried programmable button, but alt and shift buttons work well great for quick changing toolbar, nice and chunky, for the price its a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for The Price!, 8 Dec 2014
I have tried a range of mice over the last few years and was a bit pre-preemptive of this one due to the claim of very high performance at such a low price. However, this product does what many have failed and that's perform fantastically.

First off packaging. The mouse comes packaged rather well in the post and the box for the mouse itself is rather plain cream, but very clean looking, giving the impression of a high quality product.

First off, the bad. The grippy area seen around the foward / back buttons is not present on the other side of the mouse and instead it is glossed plastic. This does bring the issue of sweat and grime into play, but can be lived with after a while.
My other major gripe with this mouse is the inability to disable or change the scrollwheel light. This would have made the product near enough perfect in terms of appearance to me.

Now, the good. The control panel software that comes with the mouse is very easy to use, allowing you to setup DPI settings for the mouse, ranging from 800 to 8200 and save them as profiles, you are, however, only allowed 2 profiles, which is ok for me personally, but others may find this an issue. There are also settings available to customize the light colour at the back of the mouse, under the tecknet logo, with virtually any colour, and set the pulse rate for the light. All of the buttons on the mouse can also be set to a different key press or key combination, this can also be saved under a profile along with the DPI settings.

For a person with big hands, I find this mouse to be just the right size and be more than usable, with the buttons being firm enough for you to not accidentally click them.
This mouse is also able to record macro key presses as well, however I have not personally used this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Experience., 14 Aug 2014
Mr. M. Ovais - See all my reviews
This review is from: TeckNet® High Precision Programmable Wireless Gaming Mouse With 2000 DPI, Nano Receiver, 5 Programmable Button, 5 User Profiles (Electronics)

The product itself looks good, it's a stylish little mouse with a comfortable feel in the hands. It was very easy to set up, I downloaded and installed a driver from their website. Once the USB portion was inserted into the computer and I switched the mouse to On, it picked it up.

The first thing I did was change the DPI as it was too low for me and I got it to what was probably the same as the setting with my previous wired mouse, about the same speed of response.

So far so good.

So I decided to give it a first crack playing a game. I play RTS games on my PC so I'm constantly having to select mass units, individual units etc. That is where this mouse failed miserably, it was almost like I had to click twice to get something to happen. It was like the distance between the mouse and the PC was 5/6 metre, when in relaity it was less than 1 metre. I tried to change the DPI, use a different USB slot in my PC, but the results were the same. The mouse is find if you're not gaming, but definitely no good for me as a gamer.

So I decided to give it to my brother to use with the laptop as a non-gamer. In the meantime I'm using my wired logitech gaming mouse, which I've have for 18 months and I'm very happy with. My first experience with a gaming mouse hasn't been a pleasant one.

2.0 out of 5 stars The programmable buttons don't work and it squeeks like a rusty hinge when you press left click, 26 April 2014
I was unable to program the extra buttons. I contacted Teknet whose customer support is none existent, and from the curt reply and how it was written obviously not english. The mouse comes with a programme to customise the extra buttons, you can also, download this programme from their website. Trouble is it does not work. I'm running windows 7 64bit operating system. When I asked if the problem was compatibility with a 64bit operating system or not - if not likely a fault with my mouse - they basically and rudely stated they didn't know and don't ask. I tried again and was basically ignored.

The left click button squeaks like a rusty hinge whenever its used.

Even though I turn off the mouse religiously when not using it and it has auto standby, probably only having it on an hour or so a day and not every day, Duracell ultra batteries only lasted threeweeks. But I did have the fancy lights on.

I'm keeping it because its cheap and returning it is more hassle than its worth at this price. Works ok as an annoying 2 button mouse with a squeek, responsive on almost any surface, very good distance. Just annoyed I can't programme the extra buttons as advertised

1.0 out of 5 stars Scroll button has stuck after 3 months, 19 Jun 2014
The scroll button always was sticky but now it's totally stuck. It's made of soft rubber and it seems to get stuck as you scroll it upwards.

Can't return it as it's after 30 days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind blowing performance, functionality, and value, 31 Dec 2013
The performance here is flawless for something at such a low price. 8,200 DPI coupled with an incredibly ergonomic design results in enhanced gameplay and/or any design software that requires a steady hand. Originally this was bought so I could test the waters of premium gaming mice, but I subsequently now can't see the point in upgrading. It's that good. And yes, this mouse is based entirely off of an old Anker product, and I'll get to that now.

A little about TeckNet:

I used to be affiliated with a company that TeckNet unsuccessfully pitched to become the main UK distributor of their products. The guys giving the presentation weren't shy in revealing (or at least alluding) to the fact they buy defunct merchandise and rebrand it with their logo - that's why their stuff is so cheap. A lot of their products, including this mouse, were originally manufactured by Anker. I'm not aware of any original product to their name, but I suspect some of the free tablet cases I received from them might be their design.

So this mouse isn't counterfeit like some people choose to believe, but it is an Anker device in all entirety, rebranded with the (very ugly) TeckNet logo. Knowing this is the reason I trusted the purchase.