1,139 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Surprised...
Recently my mouse broke so I started using my backup mouse which is a wireless Logitech MX Revolution, however upon plugging it in it started skipping.

Published 1 month ago by Woz

1.0 out of 5 stars 2,000DPI wired - sticky buttons
Published 1 month ago by Marshbag

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Surprised..., 25 Aug 2014

I suspected this was just a quirk of it being wireless but have my mouse break and now my back up not functioning properly I thought maybe it was a USB port problem on the motherboard itself, so rather than blow £80+ on a brand new mouse which may suffer the same problems I just wanted a cheap test so headed to amazon.

Upon seeing this mouse I suspected the worse, it looks very cool on the images so I figured I'd roll the dice and you know what? I'm glad I did.

The cheapness only really shows in 3 aspects:

1) The lack of support documentation and drivers
2) The no frills packaging
3) The "shell" of the mouse is just that, a shell and it's only purpose is to look cool it's not really there to aid function.

Now whilst it doesn't come with much documentations or drivers you really don't need any, and the mouse is a straight plug and play. I hate paying more for packaging that will end up in the bin roughly a week later so the little box is actually preferable for me.

Now the "shell" is a build quality thing and the only place where you can see evidence of them cutting corners on this mouse. It's not that the quality is poor it's that the shell wasn't designed with the components of the mouse itself in mind. The cutout groves in the side which are usually DPI indicators aren't actually anything at all, it's as if there's just one really bright blue LED in the mouse and all the holes exposing the light give the impression that there's a lot more going on than there actually is.

Also the optical/laser (no idea what it is tbh, at £10 I didn't care lol) light shines through the font of the mouse so if you have a dual/tri monitor setup you'll probably get some glare on the the screen as the light reflects off it.

That's really the only gap in quality I can find, granted I've only had it for about an hour but unless it falls apart in my hand at some point in the next week I have to say it seems like incredible value.

Oh and worth adding I don't generally buy rubbish, all my previous mice (if that's the plural form) have all been what most would consider quality products. They include Razer Copperheads, Razer Diamondbacks, Razer DeathAdders, Logitech G7, Logitech G5, Roccat Kone+ as well as non-gaming mice such as Evoluent 4 vertical mouse, Logitech Air, Logitech MX Revolution... you get the point.

I mention this because typically you get a lot of people judging products as being good because they're not used to quality, I am, and this mouse really surprised me.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain!, 18 July 2013
Product was much much better than I had expected.

Nice feel and customization, it includes weights to add into the mouse to give it a heavier/lighter feel!.

I think this might be a rebranded Anker gaming mouse (which costs alot more). You can download the drivers from the Anker site, and then use it to customize the light colours etc (personally I turn them all off for gaming in the dark, I find the blue lights distracting)

7 programmable buttons (if you include the scroll click) and a button on the bottom to swap profiles. What more could you want?!?

Would of happily paid more for this mouse!

4.0 out of 5 stars x9800 review, 2 May 2014
Arrived 2 days Early.

Pro's
1) Great looking mouse
2) Easy to install the software and customize
3) Value for money just cant be beat

Cons
1)Did not arrive in official boxing, just a cardboard box
2)Side mouse buttons make a slight noise

Cons are nothing to write home about, fantastic purchase and im not dissapointed at all.
The boxing it arrived in was the only let down, but you can live with that when your getting a mouse of this
caliber for the price its at.

1.0 out of 5 stars 2,000DPI wired - sticky buttons, 26 Aug 2014
Well this gaming mouse was cheap, only £10, and seemed to be very popular so I thought I'd give it a shot. Unfortunately the mouse I received straight out of the box both the main left and right buttons clicked once and got stuck... tried clicking for a few minutes, occasionally the left button would click a few times before sticking, but the right button stuck every time. Completely useless - sending back to Amazon as defective for a refund - would have selected replacement (instead of refund) if I'd had the option to give it another go, but apparently Amazon only replace items when it's "their fault", so I'm not going to risk it and try something else.

Reading through other reviews to see if anyone else had similar problem poor/sticky buttons seem to be a common gripe with this mouse, if they are not faulty out of the box then they don't last, not worth taking the chance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind blowing performance, functionality, and value, 31 Dec 2013
The performance here is flawless for something at such a low price. 8,200 DPI coupled with an incredibly ergonomic design results in enhanced gameplay and/or any design software that requires a steady hand. Originally this was bought so I could test the waters of premium gaming mice, but I subsequently now can't see the point in upgrading. It's that good. And yes, this mouse is based entirely off of an old Anker product, and I'll get to that now.

A little about TeckNet:

I used to be affiliated with a company that TeckNet unsuccessfully pitched to become the main UK distributor of their products. The guys giving the presentation weren't shy in revealing (or at least alluding) to the fact they buy defunct merchandise and rebrand it with their logo - that's why their stuff is so cheap. A lot of their products, including this mouse, were originally manufactured by Anker. I'm not aware of any original product to their name, but I suspect some of the free tablet cases I received from them might be their design.

So this mouse isn't counterfeit like some people choose to believe, but it is an Anker device in all entirety, rebranded with the (very ugly) TeckNet logo. Knowing this is the reason I trusted the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good mouse., 12 July 2013
I like this mouse a lot. It is comfortable and performs very well. I was initially worried how the side bottoms work and if all of them will be easy to click. The answer is YES! They are very well designed and all you need to do is to rest you thumb on top of them and apply different pressure on each of them. For example, to use the front side button you press with the tip of your thumb, to use the middle side button you move you thumb up a little and to use the back side button you press with the mid section of your thumb. It all feels pretty natural and I don't tend to click not the wrong button by mistake.

The mouse initially felt pretty big but it feels OK now and I even stopped using my wrist pad because I feel that my wrist is like 1-2mm over the table top.
The only thing I would improve about this mouse is to move the wheel a bit to the front of the mouse and to position the very front button next to the wheel like on the Sharkoon Fireglider. Then I think the mouse would be perfect. Also the very front button seems loose and it rattles a bit but I don't really notice that when I play.

I think it is very good mouse and a real bargain too.

Edit on 08/02/2014: After two months I bought another X9800 as a gift for my brother. We both have used our mice since then and we are very pleased with them. They are still as good as new (Touch wood!). I think the mouse is a great, comfy choice for a gamer or general PC user.
When my mouse gets broken, I will definitely look at TechNet offers again. If I saw a mouse with the same X9800 general design but with with changed wheel (Sharkoon Fireglider) and more rubberized extra buttons to provide ever greater feel for them, I would give my old X9800 to somebody else and buy the new one straight away. Also with a driver update, it might become a lot more useful for office as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mouse runs wild, 6 July 2014
This review is from: TeckNet® High Precision Programmable Wireless Gaming Mouse With 2000 DPI, Nano Receiver, 5 Programmable Button, 5 User Profiles (Electronics)
Maybe I just got sent a dud, but it seems to be a really bad mouse. It will occasionally not notice that you have stopped moving it, and the cursor will continue in the last direction until you move the mouse again. I have a dual boot system, and it does this whether running Windows 8.1 or Ubuntu 14.04. Not tried it with my netbook yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grrrrreeeeeat, 19 Feb 2014
Just the right weight, very nice design and very precise.

No issues with setup.
I def will be ordering one more of these

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 18 Feb 2014
J. Power (UK) - See all my reviews
An extremely good gaming mouse with very sensitive and responsive reaction time. Great value for money and sleek appearance is a nice touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Price quality, 18 Feb 2014
Rui (Portugal) - See all my reviews
I really like this gaming mouse it feels good on your hand and is fast for gaming, good quality material and stylish i think is the best gaming mouse you can buy for this price!