4.0 out of 5 stars Safe walking in the snow
As a window cleaner I have stood on many wet and slippery window sills to do my job, sometimes seven or eight levels high. I would never consider working in this msnner if I wasn't wearing Dr. Martens shoes, the grip is the best I have ever found.

Published on 10 Dec 2010 by Kevin

3.0 out of 5 stars Dr Martens
Bought these Dr Martens for my husband as he's had DM's before, now that he's broken them in they are very comfortable.
Disappointed that there is no Dr Marten logo on side of shoe as shown in the discription.
Published 10 months ago by christine stanton

4.0 out of 5 stars Safe walking in the snow, 10 Dec 2010
This review is from: Dr. Martens Airwair Classic 1461 PW (Plain Welt) Black Smooth Leather Shoes (Apparel)

Now that the snow is here once again, I find my Dr. Martens are ideal for staying upright. PLEASE NOTE: I do not wear the Dr. Martens with the commando style tread, they are not nearly as good in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seller As Good As The Item, 17 April 2012
Dr. Martens Airwair Classic 1461 PW (Plain Welt) Black Smooth Leather Shoes
To begin with, I ordered the wrong size. My Dr. Marten boots are a size 10 and rather 'snug' so I ordered a size bigger.
Size 11's were huge and so they needed to go back.
I rang the seller direct and was met with THE most helpful Company I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.
The very next day another pair of shoes arrived at my work address. I posted the other pair back on the weekend, recorded delivery. No mess, no fuss, just excellent customer service.
Now for the shoes...
What needs to be said? They're a pair of Dr. Marten shoes. Look great dressed down, look great dressed up. Comfortable from day 1 and, looking at the soles, will see many a year of wear.
Quality shoes. Quality seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars new shoes, 18 Nov 2011
Ihad been looking for these shoes forages but deadly expensive in the shops. I saved a ton even after currency exchange and they are every bit as good as they are cracked up to be

5.0 out of 5 stars dm shoes and comfort, 27 May 2011
I have been using DM shoes for 23 years, but all local shops have stopped selling them (I just found one that does, and they are £70). I did a search on amazon and hey presto got them again.
A lot of people complain they are uncomfortable when new, and they are right(they are very stiff, and can rub on the ankles)).
The trick is to polish them repeatedly for a week, before wearning them. This will nourish the leather and soften them up. I have never had a problem with sore ankles or blisters since. They are comfy from the first day I wear them.

marcel

5.0 out of 5 stars What you see is what you get. DM in simple glory, 2 July 2013
Do the job and good looking too. There's always the hardness of the leather, but that quickly softens and moulds to your feet. Great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great classic, 16 Dec 2013
Bought these for my Dad he loved them but they are very hard to break don't think you can get them and just start walking for miles. You need to break them in slowly but worth it

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy these, 6 Jan 2014
Excellent quality shoes and very comfortable to wear. If you looking for comfortable shoes that will last a few years do not hesitate to buy these. My son is a butcher and he needed shoes for work as he stands up all day and he says the shoes are the best he has ever had - they are Dr Martens after all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dr Martens, 11 Dec 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs wearing in, 12 Aug 2014
Doc Martens have a great brand and the air soles are excellent. These shoes seem strongly made but are slightly tight across the top of the foot for me. I hope they will give a little over time. In addition the top of the upper curved forward cutting into my achilles tendon. I have been able to fix that by wetting and stretching

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 July 2014