on 1 March 2016
went travelling through Asia and US with this for protection of backpack during flights only. it got a little bit used but no major rip or anything. would nor recommend carrying your backpack around in it. put the zip at the back means you can wear your backpack on shoulders and have this as a protection while walking around.
on 19 October 2015
Purchased these to replace two of the same bags which we have used for a number of years and which have protected our rucksacks/soft bags very well during numerous trips, including challenging conditions across Africa etc. If these are as good as the originals we will be well pleased!
UPDATE. THESE ARE NOT THE SAME AS THE ORIGINALS AND FELL APART ON FIRST USE. THE HANDLE PULLED OFF AT THE AIRPORT AND THE BAG SPLIT COMPLETELY A FEW DAYS LATER, SOON FOLLOWED BY THE OTHER BAG
on 20 November 2015
Needing a day pack when back packing next year - just the ticket ... lightweight and folds up small when not required. It is also waterproof - great! Has taken several weeks to arrive but sure the wait will be worthwhile.
on 6 May 2014
I brought this as a transit cover for my rucksack when travelling by plane. It's very thin which is good as it won't take up too much space when not in use but might tear easily when it is being used as per other reviews. Fingers crossed it will last for 6 flights if that!
on 7 May 2014
Only used it once but had no problems. No idea about the durability really, seems ok. For me it is more just to seal off my bag without having to lock every single pocket on there- this fits neatly around the outside and has good zip to lock.
on 15 December 2013
This is the second of these bags that I have owned. The first I bought 5 years ago and it lasted great. I used it for a 6 month trip back packing and it only started to show signs of wear and tear towards to the end. I recently bought another two one for myself and my girlfriend. Mine last three weeks and then both the side handle and top handle badly ripped at the seam when I lifted it. There was only 14 kg weight inside so not too heavy. Perhaps the they are now not made to same standard as before. My girlfriends was fine and it to had 14 kg in the back pack so maybe I just got a bad quality one.
on 8 January 2014
This cover is ok, it fits my backpack and is handy for protecting my backpack against airport conveyor belts. The cover isn't strong however and it ripped pretty much on the first trip as my backpack was quite heavy. Make sure you tie it up with a luggage strap or rope to give baggage handlers something else to grab on to when they throw your luggage about.
on 11 April 2015
It fitted my bag in well and protected it well on the plane however it's really hard to carry and has ripped already. My bag is not heavy - it is 55ltrs and only 12kg. As this bag is made for bigger sized bags you would think the weight it can withstand would be more
on 31 October 2015
Disappointing. Bought to cover bag for a two week long distance trip including a few domestic flights. Will have to do a lot of patching up to be able to use it again - it just couldn't cope with baggage handlers. Would have expected better for this price.
on 10 October 2013
Well made, easy to use, worked just as I had hoped, not too bulky or heavy, easy to lock, withstood airport handing.
Made it possible for me to fly using a trolleycase with rucksack straps, which was a lifesaver as I had just broken a rib and needed options. Will be my standard arrangement from now on.