on 18 January 2015
All you need to update a phone or 'device' from your desk-top or lappie. Lightweight MP3 players can dangle in space, but would be better laid on a surface.

Short leads are handy for items that are sensitive to electronic noise as the chances of the lead acting as an antenna is considerably reduced.

Being so short I have one stored in the carry case of my San-disk MP3 player which itself is a mini sized device, and means it is never without a charging lead and A size USB charging connections can be found on just about everything nowadays...PSA cars excepted. So you are never far from instant power.
on 23 April 2014
Does what it claims it will do. Not much more to be said but I need to keep writing becasue of the minimum word count...
on 13 June 2016
Nice item which works perfectly as my car connection for charging. This item seems to be rated for high charge rate without a problem. Nice packing shows that it is from a quality supplier.
on 13 June 2016
Unfortunately didn't get the 6 inch version. It was much longer. Not a problem if you don't care about length, but i was in search for a very specific length. Such is life :)
on 22 June 2015
Seemed the perfect solution to use with my power pack and phone. However I found that sometimes the phone wouldn't charge and the cable had to be at a certain angle for it to work, this can't be maintained in my handbag. Gone back to my old cable...
on 26 July 2015
Very handy for use with a battery backup on the go as you are not carrying the longer standard cable. Being for use with an apple product the price seems excessive compared to the one I purchased for my Samsung phone.
on 4 November 2014
I bought this cable to charge devices in the car. It is very useful as my car has a charging point in the glove box. This is particularly useful for charging the phone or charging a wireless hotspot. The cable is great but you need be sure how much cable you need. I tried using the cable in my wife's car and it was not as effective.
on 18 May 2015
Small and seemingly well made. Be aware the plastic at the micro end is very thick and I had to shave a little off to get this to fit through my phone case. Not a problem, but perhaps a bit over done. Still a good value lead
on 18 October 2012
I wanted a short usb data transfer cable for my HTC One X mobile phone beacuse I was having trouble getting my phone to sync with my PC and the HTC Sync Manager program, I read that it may be worth trying a shorter cable than the one that is supplied with the phone but still this didn't work!!, still a good cable, can always but sure of a quality product from the 'StarTech' brand...trying to upload my photos to my PC and not having any luck, I know I can use the Google instant upload or even Dropbox to store my pics but wanted to save them to my PC and can not do it!!..
Item arrived next day after ordering, but it was on Amazon 'Prime' next day delivery..I had to contact customer service after my first cable ordered never arrived!!, so they kindly re-sent me another which arrived the next day, never had anything not arrive before from Amazon, I think it was probably stolen out my mail box, or lost in delivery, I guess I'll never know??
Note: this cable is 6 inches in length, about as short as you will get.
on 19 January 2015
Be careful with which seller you pick, with the first purchase I made - i was sent completely different cables to the ones I ordered.
Once I received the correct cables I was very pleased, Well built, charge as desired. Just wish they were a little cheaper.