5.0 out of 5 stars Decent cable
This is a decent USB cable. I have been using it for a while now with no issues. It works fine for my HTC Desire HD and 1TB portable Western Digital Hard Drives.
Published on 17 Sept. 2012 by hotwings

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok cable but not IMHO for high power use
Published 8 months ago by Jimbob

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent cable, 17 Sept. 2012
This review is from: StarTech 6 inch Micro USB Cable - A to Micro B (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and does the job., 19 May 2012
I bought two of these cables to power a Raspberry Pi and a WiFi adapter from a battery pack. The cables are of a decent quality and they work as advertised.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok cable but not IMHO for high power use, 21 Aug. 2014
Ordered this to connect power to a Raspberry Pi and save space (what with the right angle connector and all). Nice long cable but a bit on the wimpy side - I've not cut it open to check the diameter of the conductors but externally the diameter of the cable is one of the smallest I've ever seen on a USB cable at about 2.5mm. Unfortunately for me with my current setup this doesn't allow enough power through to the Pi to run Pi on turbo mode with ethernet (no USB or HDMI devices connected). This situation probably also not helped by the cable being so long (in terms of resistance and voltage drop across the length of the cable, though I measured the voltage at the Pi and it was still above 4v, just the Ethernet would not come up). Reverting back to a shorter thicker cable on same PSU and Pi was fine.

So if you were thinking of using this cable to provide power to a Pi, phone, tablet or other similar device you might want to bear this in mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for car use, 13 April 2012
Mr. S. Mellins (London, UK) - See all my reviews
As many of you are doubtless wondering, it is the perfect length to go from your car stereo to a mounted phone/mp3 player/satnav. Also well-made and nice gold-plated jacks. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars First rate, 29 May 2012
I ordered this audio cable on monday afternoon. To my amazement it was delivered on tuesday morning at 8.35. It was exactly what I was looking for to hook up my mp3 player to my speakers without having yards of wire trailing about, and the right angle plug makes it even easier. I sent for 2 (one to use in the car) and if that works as well as the one on my speakers, I will be a very happy bunny. Brilliant product and first rate delivery. I would recommend highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible piece of design, 18 May 2012
Craig Alexander (Rutland, England) - See all my reviews
I really must put type to screen to extole the wondrous virtues of this humble cable. It is such an elegant piece of design. The defination of form AND function married in one small product. The wire itself is a rather beautiful shade of black. Neither lustrous or matt - somehwere between I would say - which lifts it from the norm. At each end there is a small plug, finished in splendid gold leaf (or possibly just cheap gold effect plate). The maker has rather cleverly incorporated a straight plug at one end and at the other a 90 degree plug, allowing endless (up to two) wiring combinations.
And I have not even mentioned the best part. This deceptively simple yet beautiful product allows electronic energy to pass through it and thus can be used to link something like an ipod to a hi fi or in car system. What a revalation! My life has been transformed and thus I simply had to spread the word.
If you need a wire to join one piece of equipment to another and both have a 3mm mini jack socket, and they only need to be 30cms apart then this is the item you need. Do not hesitate, you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 23 April 2014
D. Myles - See all my reviews
Does what it claims it will do. Not much more to be said but I need to keep writing becasue of the minimum word count...

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine product, 13 Sept. 2011
Amazon Customer "Stevie" (Durham, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Well, it's a cable. I use it to link an iPhone to the aux input on a Ford Focus radio, which allows me to use the phone to receive internet radio (TuneIn Radio is the app I use) and play it through the car stereo.

It's a handy length and the right-angle jacks mean I can close the glovebox (where the socket is located) while it's plugged in.

Hope that helps. I try to keep my reviews up to date, so I'll edit this if it breaks - which is possible, of course, though I think unlikely.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works!!, 17 July 2012
Despite scare stories from the BMW dealer this just does what it says.

Connect alongside your Apple connector to allow the iPod to charge and play in your pre 2012 BMW 3 Series

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with this cable. Perfect for car AUX input, 30 Dec. 2011
El Geraldo (South of Watford Gap) - See all my reviews
I use this cable to connect iPod or phone to the AUX input on my car's factory stereo ('09 Ford Galaxy). This cable is a fraction of the price of the proper Ford cable. The right-angle plug means that it fits perfectly inside the closed lid of the glove compartment. The cable is thin enough to fit through the tiny gap between the glove compartment lid and the dashboard, without crushing the cable. 6 foot is plenty long enough to reach to the back seats, for the kids to plug their iPods in.

StarTech 6 inch Micro USB Cable - A to Micro B