on 22 August 2012
I have been in the UK over a year. I could not get the laundry detergent I used in the USA. I tried others but was not satisfied ... the scents are awful (especially Ariel), and clothes tended to be dingy and grey. Air drying clothes they ended up very stiff. I searched Amazon.co.uk to see if I could learn about any better brands of detergent. I read the reviews and decided to order Ecos, though I was concerned with doing mail order for laundry detergent, something I am so used to purchasing in a store. The product arrived promptly and was well packaged. Now with Ecos,having done three loads so far, I am pleased with the results. Although it says lavender, I can barely notice any smell (as other reviewers had noted). I prefer unscented so this is ideal. The loads require only a small amount of detergent so the bottle will last a long time. Drying clothes either outside on the line or inside, the clothes dry and are still soft.
on 1 March 2012
I was surprised at how small the bottle was given that it is for 50 washes, but it does seem to work! I like the idea of using chemical free detergent, and the scent is nice but not overpowering, and I especially enjoy it on my bedding as lavender is such a soothing scent. Will continue to use this product.
on 19 February 2013
This by far is the best laundry detergent on the market, just a little bit cleans a large load. No need for fabric softener otherwise known as (fabric poison) can't believe the chemicals used in both the detergent and softener. ECOS smells great, softens fabric and gets stains out.
on 13 March 2013
Best I have found
Doesn't lather too much, but enough
Cleans well
Scent not too strong - and natural
I would recommend
on 7 January 2012
I decided that in 2012 I would be more eco friendly and anti animal testing. This product is wonderful!! It smells great and is kind to skin with eczema. You only need to use small amounts, so a bottle lasts for ages.
But it is much more too! I have known the magic of pure virgin coconut oil a long time for both skin care and internal health. This laundry detergent uses coconut oil to soften your clothes. Its a small, easy to store bottle but as I only need to use 50ml per full load, it lasts ages! and is so economical, as well as being anti animal testing and kind to sensitive skin. Its also better for your clothes, so your clothes (the fabrics) last longer. There is nothing to dislike about this product and so much to like!

Since buying this for the first time a few weeks ago, I have ceased buying any other washing detergent and solely use this to care for all my clothes and my families. I like it so much I have it now on subscription order with Amazon. Its made in the USA and as a British customer of this brand, I am one happy customer.

Coconut Oil and Lavender Essential oils are what make this washing liquid special and kind to your skin and clothes. Highly recommend it.
I bought this product at the end of last year because I wanted a more environmentally friendly and more natural laundry conditioner.

After using it unti I finshed bottle I found it to have a pleasant lavender odour and it did a good job to support the clothes cleaning process and they made the clothes fresh, soft and crese free. It's quite concentrated so you don't need to use that much.
on 29 March 2016
I am now on my second bottle of this lovely stuff and I am not planning on going back to regular supermarket stuff any time soon. Partly because having it delivered by Amazon is super convenient, but also because it just does the job so well. It is so simple- no faffing around with any other products. Just measure it out, chuck it in the dosing drawer of your machine, and go. It's got softener built in- I was worried about this at first as I really like snuggly soft clothes. But my washing does come out soft. I love the lavender scent, although I will say that it does fade somewhat after it's been through the wash. I am guessing that strong overwhelming scent you get with 'regular' washing products is an abundance of added chemicals, and the lack of it in this is what makes it kind to the environment? It's really just a very simple product. It does the job well, and no more. If you like super amazing smelly laundry then this is not for you. If you want clean, fresh smelling, soft laundry that is doing it's bit for the environment, I would definitely recommend it.
on 1 March 2013
the lavender smell is not noticeable after the wash , but it cleans well. also there's no way it ensures 50 wash cicles as mentioned on the package...i would say maximum 20 washes
on 4 April 2016
I really wish I had taken more notice of the negative reviews before buying this product.

Clothing and towels, especially, dry as stiff as boards, even after extra rinses, and the product is no good for average or heavy staining. Clothing does not get really clean, unless very lightly used, even after adding the maximum amount, and there is no detectable smell after washing. It's pointless labelling a product as lavender when it is a faint smell as best when being poured from the bottle and has completely disappeared by the time the clothing comes out of the machine.