5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent speakers for iPhone4 and iPod
I spent a long time looking at iPod/iPhone4 docks that offered good sound quality for reasonable cost. There are of course the brilliant B&W speakers (Zeppelin and Mini) but they are over my budget. My criteria was a) good sound, b) supports iPhone4, c) reasonable cost.

Published on 19 Nov 2010 by solaris9000

2.0 out of 5 stars Crippled speaker with weak battery
The Logitech S715i could have been a real gem as it sounds pretty good when plugged in, especially considering the rather compact size. But when run from batteries the whole magic goes away.
Basspower is suddenly cut by half as is maximum volume. For outside listening it just sounds mediocre, you won't get any powerful sound, bass is nearly non existent in open field...
Published on 21 April 2011 by oluv

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent speakers for iPhone4 and iPod, 19 Nov 2010
This review is from: Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S715i for iPod and iPhone (Accessory)

I found most docks on the market had a good price point (sub 100) but the sound quality wasn't good or didn't fully support the iPhone4. The S715i although was more than I wanted to spend, is worth every penny considering the excellent sound quality. It manages to be superb sounding speakers and fully supports the iPhone4 in a compact portable package.

The speakers are well designed and reassuringly heavy for its size. The build quality is top notch and feels like a premium product. There are only a few buttons on the main unit for volume control and power. The included small remote has basic controls such as volume up/down, track forward/back, pause/play and power on/off.

The sound from these speakers is quite amazing. Nice deep bass, with good mid and high end range. I have tested the speakers with a wide range of music and did not experience any distortion of any kind at high volumes. The sound was clear and dynamic.

The iPhone4 works flawlessly with these speakers. No issues at all regarding general operation. One thing to bare in mind though is that if you have an iPhone4 protective bumper or case then this might get in the way of the dock connector. This means that the case will have to be removed every time you wish to dock the iPhone4. This is the only negative point. But to be fair that is not the fault of the speaker design.

Overall I am very pleased with these speakers and is highly recommended for iPod/iPhone users.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Bose substitute!, 29 Oct 2010
Cheshire Cat (Warrington, Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Bought as a birthday present for junior who has been pinching our Bose portable sound dock (which is our main open play music source!), we had spent a considerable time looking at alternative models to the Bose that would last and offer good sound quality.

It had to offer portability and a rechargeable battery, have good build quality, good sound quality and finally, allow different IPods/Phones etc. to dock easily. and have a remote. In other words as close to a Bose as we could get but at a much smaller price!

So after a lot of research and not a little disappointment when seeing other models, we decided on the S715i.

It has proven to be a revelation with, admittedly for us non-experts, excellent sound quality from what is a very compact unit (check out the dimensions!)combined with what feels like a premium product appearance and feel. Easy to use and truly portable, this has turned out to be a massive hit with my daughter and we think it compares very well with the Bose. Frankly, if we ever had to replace the Bose, this unit would be at the top of the list.

Heartily recommend the S715i!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, great portability, 3 Oct 2010
D. Thorpe (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I've had one of these for a couple of weeks. For the size, it sounds excellent, although it can be a bit bass-heavy. It can fill a small room with sound. I love the fact it's also portable and comes with a travel bag plus both UK and European adaptors. Battery life is excellent. It lasts all day when running from the internal non-replaceable power source, which is great. It's not cheap at 149 pounds (it's 149 dollars US: go figure) but compared to a Bose Portable Speaker, which I think has a similar high-quality sound, it's a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trust What Hi-Fi Reviews, 25 Nov 2010
Following a review in the What hi-Fi magazine that gave this unit raving reviews, bearing in mind it's low cost and possibly not a name you would at first expect very good sound quality, i pitched in and purchased this using my Birthday money.

Wow, blown away by the sound when connected to my 5th Gen Nano. We have a lounge that is 13x18 and it fills the room and then some (sorry neigbours). All aspects of the sound quality are great - starting to hear things on tracks I have not heared before. And to boot there is no issue with High, Mid or Bass levels over powering each other.

My only slight gripe, and I do mean slight, is that the connection to the MP3 player can on occations be a little subject to knocks that may cause the connection between the two units to become disconnected. And the remote can take a little time to get used to.

But all in all an excellant unit - get one you won't be disappointed. Oh and this is the third What hi-Fi magazine review i have trusted and acted upon - and will continue to do so.

Money well spent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound in a nicly desinged, compact package, 1 Nov 2010
Mr. D. P. Fraser "david_fraser75" (London, U.K.) - See all my reviews
I bought these after much deliberation.
nicely controlled tight, bass response clear midrange.
I can't attest to the battery life due to only having them for a short time.
the build quality seems very high, good value considering the sound quality, and the fact that
It has rechargeable batteries built-in.

i have no hesitation in recommending this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality for the price!, 26 Jan 2011
Absolutley awesome piece of kit for the money. Sound quality is second to none in this price bracket. I was dubious at first, based on price, however Logitech are improving all angles of their products and this speaker system is that proof. Bass is superb, tone is just right. Furthermore, this is completely portable as it comes with an internal battery that can keep the charge for up to 6 hours. And it's designed for the iPhone too! All this and a nifty little remote control to go with it.

If I am being ultra picky, where your ipod/iphone sits is quite precarious with nothing around it to stop it being knocked off, or falling out when being moved, so once you start playing your music, push the unit back so no-one can accidentally knock it back.

Everything you need is in the box so it literally is - plug and play...g

Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 12 Nov 2011
Length:: 9:59 Mins

I am not a noted or respected audiophile. So my comments about sound quality should not be used as the final word on the subject.

The last six minutes of my video is just comparisons between the Logitech, another cheaper dock and my CD player. I'm fully aware that my methodology has about ten substantial holes in it.

The remote control didn't work at first. And then all of a sudden, after about an hour, it started working.

My previous dock sounded a little shrill at low volume. The Logitech sounds just as good at low volume as it does when it's up high.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why wouldn't you buy one?, 7 Jan 2012
I already owned a Zepplin Mini, which is paired with an iPod 4th gen. I wanted another docking station for the study but didnt want to shell out 299.

What hi-fi recommended the Logitech S715i in the sub 100 category and given this is now selling at 65 it was a no-brainer to give it a go.

The first thing that strikes you as you take it out of the box is the 6 speaker (and theres another two on the back) boom box styling. The controls are simple and, to be honest, less fiddly than the Zepplin which sometimes doesnt recognise the iPod is docked and the iPod plays music out of the iPod not the docking station.

The logitech is quite simply plug and go. It has a warm, rich, colourful sound. Bass suffers slightly due to the slim design of the unit but mid range and top end are excellent, and logitech have clearly tried to compensate for the Bass issue by the siting of the rear speakers. My unit is on the desk up against the wall and sounds just fine.

I placed it next to the Zepplin and road tested both, using Lady GaGa on the ipod, and also using the Tune In radio app (if you havent got Tune In radio then get it - awesome!). The s715 more than gave the Zepplin a run for its money. Both at low volumes and high volumes it sounded great.

I didnt need the internal battery functionality but have already taken advantage when I wanted to listen to it in a room without a plug socket nearby.
Running on battery reduces volume - but all you need to do is turn it up; this is not the downside another review implies.

The remote control is no bother, and better than the Zepplin's in my opinion. The trayless docking system is clever (i'm using my iPhone 3GS in the s715) and better than the Zepplin's! Yes you have to remove the cover but then this is no hassle. When I upgrade my phone to the 4G then my 3GS will be dedicated to the s715 and hence the cover issue will no longer be an issue and I am sure this will be the same for most people.

I'm really warming to the s715 and to be quite honest I really dont know why anyone wouldnt buy one of these. If you are looking for a docking station at the sub 100 mark then buy this. To be honest you'd be hard pushed to beat it at the sub 300 mark.

One word of warning - if size is an issue then note that, at the time of writing, the dimensions cited on Amazon are incorrect. It actually measures 39x11x14cm (WxDxH).

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow! A match for Bose?, 29 Jan 2011
This bad boy is LOUD!

Great sound throughout the whole spectrum! Remote works well. Not sure of battery life if you play this at high volume levels.

I'm a moblie tyre fitter and this sits on a bench in my van, I have it rigged up to a 12V supply so it charges up as I drive to each job. when I'm working I drop my iphone into it and away I go! I often work on vehicles in the middle of nowhere and I crank it up!

I'm not sure but do Bose do a battery powered iphone dock?

Running on battery power, this product is good, plug in to the mains and it will blow you away! It some how kicks in another level of "LOUDNESS" a truly amazing sound quality!

At about 100 short of Bose, this is a must!

Only 4 stars, well, if it sounded like it does when on mains, but on battery power, it would be 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, 9 Oct 2010
Ok, if you want lots of bass then this won't provide it but then what do you expect? However, the bass it does supply is more than surprising for a unit this size. Its perfectly adequate for an average sized room, playing average music (i.e. not music that relies on being bass intensive) and its ideal for travelling with. The other thing that really struck me is how good the build quality is. It feels nice and looks cool. If I had a criticism it would be that the audio jack is only an input. If Logitech provided an output so you could run it through your main sound system then this product really would be complete. However, that is not the purpose of the product so I'm not going to downgrade it for that reason. If you're in the market for a device like this then this is the one!