on 28 September 2011
After finding that the in car charger that came with our satnav had fallen apart with the end falling out I decided to get this rather than the cheaper Tomtom in car charger and I must say it was well worth the extra money. It appears like most things you get what you pay for and the quality of this lead is a lot better that the original. It also allows you to charge other things via a usb lead as well as coming with an adapter to use with mobiles with a mini usb socket.
on 10 October 2012
This is an original TomTom accessory, is good value compared with some other sellers and works well. Bought as a spare for a TomTom Start 60, for which you have to use the additional micro usb adapter supplied with it. The lead is the same length as the original which came with the sat nav at about 1.5 metres including the usb plugs on either end (full size USB and mini USB - the separate micro USB adapter fits onto the mini USB plug). ACCORDING TO THE BOX in which it comes, this charger is compatible with the following TomToms as well as "MP3 players, mobile phones and more": "Start series; ONE New Edition; ONE 3rd Edition; ONE 30 series; ONE IQ Routes Edition; ONE XL; XL series; XXL series; Via Series; GO Series numbers 20, 30, 40, 50, 800, 1000"; BUT I note from a few other reviews that a few TomTom ONE and XL Live IQ owners have had problems. Hope all this helps someone, but please don't blame me if it doesn't fit your kit, I am only the messenger!!
on 26 July 2013
Absolutely not happy that I feel that I was almost duped into buying this.
I spent a great deal of time reading the product information on the different charger options available.
Nowhere does it state this isn't suitable for a Tom Tom One - in fact it leads you to believe it is suitable for all Tom Toms

I shall be taking this further but Amazon should take responsibility here as on reading previous reviews today I note this has previously been highlighted
on 12 July 2011
Genuine TomTom car charger with right angled mini USB plug. Good length of lead, so is suitable for deep depth dashboards. Mini to micro USB adaptor also supplied. Ordered on Sunday, free standard delivery, delivered by royal mail on the Wednesday. A good quality product.
on 18 August 2011
Much slimmer than the previous versions and now capable of charging other devices, have found only 1 problem. The moulded design of the input plug to the unit impedes sliding the unit onto the screen mount. It can be done, but is more awkward than before and requires a bit more force. May not be an issue with more modern versions - I have an XL unit. Good value from Amazon for an original supplier version.
on 5 August 2011
Twice the standard charger has broken, and we decided to buy this type this time. It is a relief that it has not disintegrated so far, and is working well.
The original TomTom charger broke and we searched for a new one. We could not find one in the shops where we were (Bulgaria) so ordered this. It is perfect and works as it should. Had no problems with it and I am happy to highly recommend it.
on 31 July 2015
Good solid adapter, it doesn't feel as though it's going to fall apart any time soon. The cable is solid too with a right angled micro USB end and a mini USB adapter. These can be used to pretty much charge anything apart from my phone because of the clearance needed for the case I have. So not really a minus. I've had it for a while and it's still going strong, yes it's a bit more than some of the economy versions but the quality is better, I like it.
on 12 January 2012
It worked well for about nine months of occasional use - mostly in rental cars - and then quietly died. Carry a spare just in case.
on 12 November 2011
Great product. The charger that came with my One XL didnt last very long before breaking down. This charger is not as bulky on the plug end and also has a light that comes on to show its charging. Another nice feature is the USB lead can be removed from the plug end of the charger unit and used as a standard USB charger lead from your computer. Great product, glad we bought it. Dont be fooled into buying a cheap £2 or £3 lead that will break down in next to no time.