on 24 November 2010
Exactly what I was looking for for my iPhone 4. This case is crystal clear without any pattern or texture so it doesn't spoil the look of the phone. It comes up to just above the top edges of the phone so it will protect against most drop types, and it still fits my docks without having to remove it. I'm sure it will probably get scratched over time but at a few quid a go I'll just get another one.
on 11 September 2011
Was initially hesitant to purchase this product after so many negative comments. but thought for price who cares if it lasts even a couple of months- is worth a try. Have now had product good few months. Its a perfect see-through fit on my iphone 4. has caused NO colour fade or damaged to me actual phone. is pretty spot on for how item is advertised and to be honest you cant really see its there which is good because the iphone keeps its smart look. Can't speak for other reviews experience but can say I personally have not 1 negative to say. It even arrived next day with no postage and packaging. Not bad!
Have not yet dropped/damaged my iphone since attaching case. so guess time will tell against durability of case and actual protection. but being a hard plastic cover rather than a gel/ rubber case, not sure it would protect fully a drop and not just shatter the case. Again only suspicion. so far so good.
on 17 October 2011
For the price you pay, this is a pretty decent case. I wanted one that was clear as the iPhone is quite stylish and didn't want to lose that with any opaque covers. It did have some light scratches and a slight rainbow tint when the light catches it at certain angles, and does scratch easy (or it would have got 5 stars), but for the price it is easily replaceable so I'm not overly worried about it.
on 20 January 2012
After reading the mixed reviews, I decided to bite the bullet and buy this case any way. After all, at £3.99 including postage, it seemed worth a punt. The fit in terms of access to the buttons is fine, and the case a decent fit for the phone overall - it doesn't rattle around, nor is it too tight.

The plastic itself feels quite brittle, although it does have some degree of flex in it, I expect that if dropped it may shatter. Some of the edges are also a little rough.
One thing I didn't expect, is that the case only wraps around the sides of the phone, not the top or bottom. I actually prefer this as it makes the phone less bulky and means access to the standby switch and headphone jack is better than on some cases I have seen. The phone would still be reasonably protected if dropped, as the sides do wrap slightly around edges at the top and bottom, however, the standby button does sit proud of the case, so might take a whack.

If you're looking for something simple and inexpensive to protect your phone, then I expect this will do the job fine. I can't say it will with 100% confidence without testing the theory and I don't intend to drop my phone on the floor just to find out!

Overall, I'm sure there are slightly better finished cases out there but how much extra it is worth paying for that is a matter of personal choice.

EDIT ---

After two days the case has split down the middle from the top to about a third of the way down the back, confirming what I thought about the brittle plastic. I have not dropped it, the phone has either been in my pocket or on a table. A shame really, as case is a reasonable design let down by the material.

Was 4 stars, has to be 1 star now if it can't survive in your trouser pocket for more than two days.
on 18 October 2011
Not suitable for iPhone 4S. Whilst the case fits the phone the hole for the mute switch is out of alignment.
on 15 August 2011
Almost invisible on the phone, this crystal clear 'plastic' case offers excellent scratch and moderate impact protection to the sides and rear of the phone(thought it is more of a hard plastic than a gel as the title would suggest and as such probably offers less impact protection than a softer gel case would). All controls and ports readily accessible (other than sim slot but who needs regular access to that anyway?) and I can even slip the whole thing into my original 3gs leather case as well for added protection. The case clips over the phone easily and is a snug fit.

The case does not provide any protection to the screen so a protective film may be a wise additional purchase.

Dust can get in between the phone and the case but the phone is easily removed and the case cleaned. If dust is an issue to you then I would be more concerned about the data/charging port becoming clogged than anything that may be seen behind the case.

Upshot: If you want a case that offers excellent general protection and is almost invisible then, for the price, this is the one for you. If you want a case that will protect your phone from high impact damage then you'd probably be best to look elsewhere.
on 17 February 2012
I bought this to replace my expensive one that stretched and became useless. It fits well and has withstood a number of drops.
on 15 November 2011
I know this product is cheap and you get what you pay for, but it does not accurately fit the 4S as the mute switch is out of line with the case. My case had sharp edges and a scratch on the back, and seemed to fit the phone poorly. It is also almost impossible to remove without scratching the phone.

Definitely worth paying more for a better case.
on 11 January 2012
This clear case is a very neat fit, it barely increases the size of the phone and shows it off nicely. The turned corners give good protection on the lip means the front is lifted if the phone is face down. Having bought a few cases this is the only one where the phone still looks like an iPhone, with most of the others it could be any touchscreen phone.
but...
If you have a 4S then the opening for the silent button isn't quite in the right place, which seems to be a problem for lots of cases claiming to be 4/4S cases, apple really have moved it by 1-2mm.
It's not a disaster though because you can still acces the silent button with no problems, it just doesn't sit neatly in the middle of the gap but up against the edge.
The case itself does scratch/scuff easily so will need replacing but its not a bad price and delivery was much faster than estimated so I'd buy it again if necessary.

Loses a star for the button placement and scuffing but looks great on so it's a small price to pay
on 2 October 2012
I purchased this item looking for a plain case to protect my phone, but more importantly to try and restore the original size of the iphone after having a case on it for a few months which made it much thicker and heavier.

This item was just what I needed. It is see through - therefore keeps the original smart design of the phone, and thin enough to both protect and keep as slimline as possible. I guess the only problem will be once the case attracts some scratches it may not look as smart again - but hopefully if this doesn't happen too quickly (or if at all!) then I will be happy to just purchase another one at this great price.

Would recommend to anyone.