4.0 out of 5 stars Save some money!
Published on 25 Mar 2011 by Steve Asbo

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but not brilliant.
Published on 19 Jun 2011 by Jamtex

4.0 out of 5 stars Save some money!, 25 Mar 2011
As I have a car sat nav I couldn't justify buying one for the motorbike too so thought I would give this waterproof holder/mount/case a try. I also bought a waterproof power socket to run the sat nav from the bike's battery. It was straight forward and quick to fit on my FZ6 Fazer, the only issue is that I won't be able to use it if I have my tank bag in place as I have had to position the unit to one side of the handlebar and it therefore hits the tank bag. Definitely worth considering though, as a cheap option if you already have a car sat nav. I found that I could still operate the unit screen through the plastic cover which I wasn't expecting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy Bunny, 3 Sep 2011
R Jacob (Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Navitech GPS bike mounts (Misc.)
Can't fault the service, received two days after ordering, easy and quick to fit and cheap fix to getting on-bike sat nav. May also be considered as added protection for dedicated bike units, however this would throw up clashing mounting issues.

Was a bit wary of what "up to 4.3 inches" meant (no jokes please!) as my Garmin measures 4.75 x 3 inches and I had a concern that it wouldn't fit. To make it simple if you have a unit up to 5 " wide, 3.5" high and .75" deep, it will fit. Spacers are supplied and I have used the foam packaging to give my device extra cushioning.

Touch screen can be operated via the clear viewing panel, but don't be a Muppet and mess about with it whilst you are moving, for you own safety stop if you need to make adjustments. I have been a serious touring motorcyclist for many years, long enough to know that given prolonged adverse conditions very little motorcycling paraphernalia is 100% waterproof, so whilst it held up well to a brief shower, I would take every precaution necessary, including a separate cover (sandwich bag might do) if I felt I was going to hit really bad conditions.

Clip on clip off action is almost as easy as a dedicated unit, you have to open it and remove the power supply cable if you have installed one. On this latter point there is a power lead entry point so the ingenuity of how to wire one in is up to you. Personally I have placed a cigar lighter unit under the seat and plugged it into my Optimiser socket (readily available unit). I then use the standard car unit to power the device.

It you buy this item, and I recommend that you do, a lot now will now depend on your sat nav device specification. Dedicated bike units usually allow audio instructions via Bluetooth to a helmet speaker, and also have the ability to programme an itinerary i.e. programme the route that you wish to follow which is great for us bikers as we like to take scenic and quite frankly sometimes obscure routes rather than the "A" roads and motorways the device will usually choose. The capability of your device will now obviously determine the service level you have from basic view only, view and sound, or full view, sound and programming options, however even at its basic level having a sat nav capability available on your bike is a positive bonus, so what you waiting for? Order it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for bikes., 12 Jun 2011
Used this to cover my Tom Tom car unit, worked very well. Totally dry in torrential rain in Holland.
Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars matts review, 15 Feb 2011
got this item very fast in post does the job very pleased with its easy to fit to my bandit 1250 gt motorbike will shop with these people again very good

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressive, 6 May 2012
Bought this as I didn't want to buy a second sat nav for the bike. This case is very good, it holds my Navman very securely using the extra padding pieces that are supplied. The mounting bracket is very cleverly designed and will fit a wide variety of bar diameters due to its clever ratchet hinge design. At first thought the neck of the mounting bracket which connects to the case was a bit thin but its proved robust and has withstood 700 miles on our potholed roads easily. The case has proved completely waterproof and has not steamed up in wet conditions. I was able to use the touch screen on the sat nav with no problem through the clear plastic but I had to take my gloves off to do it. Overall very pleased with this product and the price is excellent. Would definitely recommend if you have a car sat nav and want to save 300 on a bike one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but not brilliant., 19 Jun 2011
This review is from: Navitech GPS bike mounts (Misc.)
As you are buying this based on the single picture and the reviews it is hard to work out if it is worth it. I bought mine as I needed to attach my Garmin Nuvi 1310 to a scooter, although I had to attach it to the mirror stalk which with a lot more rubber pieces (that I had on me as these are not supplied) I managed to do. However the unit can not move very much so the viewing angle was a bit rubbish but I could still hear the voice so all was good.

The clamp part was different on mine, it has three teeth you can lever the clamp on to and screw it down, which I think is probably easier then what is shown. The unit can be detached and this is good but you do feel that the clip won't hold and will break after a few months.

The unit is splash and rain proof, although my unit did survive a 180 mile ride through heavy rain, although the vinyl screen did get a lot of condinsation which did limit the usefulness of the unit. I did turn off my unit when I saw this and it survived fine.

If you want to attach the a Sat Nav to the bike then it will work but make sure the clip is okay as the last thing you want is for your sat nav to fall off as you are doing 60mph down the road.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sat Nav holder, 2 May 2012
A great product for the price. Slightly large for my Tom Tom XL, but holds it tightly enough with packing included. Easy to fit onto handlebars, clips on and off easily to remove when parked up and touch screen controls still work through plastic front of case. Seems robust enough to survive the buffeting of the wind on my naked CB1300. Not yet tested in the rain. With my terrible sense of direction this is a great addition to my bike and much cheaper than having to buy a proper motorcycle SatNav.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 19 Sep 2011
I used this on my Honda 125 Scooter on a trip to London from Devon. It held firm on the journey. Very satisfied and very good vlue for money. (quick delivery)

4.0 out of 5 stars Acceptable alternatve., 6 May 2011
For months I have been on the lookout for a product that would allow me to use my TomTom with my motorcycle.
This product offers an acceptable alternative to the expensive"shock resistant" products available !!
I am chuffed so-far !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good: used for TomTom Rider on bicycle handlebars, 14 Jun 2011
This review is from: Navitech GPS bike mounts (Misc.)
I got this to mount my TomTom Rider (originally bought for use with my motorbike) on my cycle handlebars, more out of curiosity, really since most of my cycling is my commute to work along a well-known route. But hey, you never know - I may use it when I'm out and about elsewhere and in any case, the bluetooth facility of the satnav could be handy for phone conversations as I'm puffing up a hill!

In short, the unit fits easily and firmly on my bike; it seems to be water-proof (although this isn't too much of a concern with a satnav designed to be waterproof for use on a motor-bike); and is reasonably visible through the clear plastic window.

The only slight niggle is the need to be absolutely certain that the case has clicked totally into place on the mount before setting off: it has come adrift on one occasion when I was slightly careless about this. No harm done, though because it seems well enough padded (and on this occasion it wasn't driven over by following traffic!)

ARRAY(0xa99c9594)