5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent SQL Server overview, 20 July 2009
I bought this book as a reference for SQL Server, having programmed earlier versions over a number of years. Overall the book is well written, and full of useful information. Occasionally I was not sure what he was getting at, as the style is sometimes a bit too casual and wordy, and I had to 'Google' to find an explanation. The author covers SQL Server from the beginning to the intermediate level, including fairly recent topics such as XML integration. Some of the chapters are almost identical to ones in the author's advanced SQL Server book. He covers fundamental issues such as basic SQL queries, normalisation, indexes, constraints, locks, joins, correlated queries and so on. According to the author he has been working in the field for many years, and the content does appear to be more pragmatic than theoretical. I recommend that you do as I did and buy both this book and the authors advanced SQL Server book from the same publisher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book!, 3 Dec 2012
Amazon Customer (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Got this book to brush up on my SQL knowledge and now I treat it almost like a bible. The exercises are so informative and very well laid out. If only all IT books were as good as this one.

ARRAY(0xb156424c)