on 31 May 2011
Couple hearing new sounds in your favorite songs with the lightest, comfiest, most durable headphones which leak practically no noise and look fantastic, and you get the Philips O'Neil SH09561 "The Stretch" headphones. These headphones feel very light, but don't let deter you because wearing them doesn't actually feel like you're wearing... well, anything at all. And you won't be when the bass kicks in and shakes your clothes off. The highs, lows and mids are simply brilliant. The cans themselves are padded with a faux-leather type material which is very very soft, and means you can wear them for a long time without getting sweaty ears or feeling any discomfort. Although there is no noise cancelling, the construction of these headphones means that you hear practically no outside noise, and the outside can't hear your music. The headband is comfortable, and fits to practically any head size. Overall, absolutely fantastic.

If you're contemplating buying them, then don't. Just do it. You won't regret it.
on 2 November 2011
Having paid only £50 with an amazon discount code for these I can't really complain. I honestly expected better sound quality as they were supposed to be £100. They are however extremely comfy and great for noise cancelling. They would essentially be perfect if there was greater low-end. All in all if you want headphones that look good and are comfy for travelling etc. these are great but if you want better sound quality go for something in a higher price range as these just aren't quite there.
on 9 January 2012
Great sound from these headphones. I required some that would block out the sound of the tube and allow me to commute in my own little world which these certainly do. Another bonus is they don't create annoying noise for the passengers next to me. Really comfortable to wear too!
Not small though so you need a big bag to fit them in, but all in all great pair of headphones.
on 30 April 2012
Its a really great product and I agree with others reviews but the cord has broken already in the first 3 months of use. But I spoke to Philips customer services and they told me to test it without the cord and they worked (thought the headphones were broken). They are sending out a new one! So looks like the cord that they try to sell as being a feature as it can just be pulled out rather than breaking the headphones...is not a great feature if the cord itself breaks.
on 6 December 2010
If you're anything like me, you spend ages looking for just the right pair of headphones.

I think my requirements are simple, a durable, great sounding, iphone compatible headphone. A friend recommended the Philips O'neil stretch pair to me, without doubt these cans tick the most boxes, add the fact they look good, it was a bit of a no brainer.

But like I said if you're anything like me, you don't just believe the hype, I purchased my pair just before I was about to go on a snowboarding holiday and thought if they don't survive the amount of falls I'm bound to take, I was going to take them back. The stretch/robust marketing remained true to its word and I seriously put them through their paces - they also stayed clean and kept my ears warm.

My only issue would be, I'd prefer extra buttons on the control for ff and rwd, I'm not over the moon about the 2 click, 3 click system but its industry standard so I'll go with it.

On the plus side, the sound quality is A-mazing. The flex material means, I didn't spend half my time untangling the cable before I could do anything, and they functioned perfectly in the cold.

The combination of the sound, style and strength of these headphones, means you can wear them ANYTIME, ANYPLACE, ANYWHERE.

All in all an excellent bit of kit - 3 of my friends are already about to buy a pair, but I had them first :)
on 20 October 2014
Bought as a replacement for my old headphones the same brand and slightly different model to these, however the sound quality wasn't what I was expecting, its really just extra base and that's it, pretty bad overall sound.

The breakaway cable makes the sound much worse aswell.

I will be buying a new pair of my old headphones because of the superior sound quality over these.

Headphones I will be buying now, should have stuck with what I know:

on 7 May 2012
They are amazing headphones. I have had them for over 6 monthes and they have caused me no trouble at all. They are comfortble, loud and very strong and the sound they produce is brilliant. I couldn't be happier!
on 23 February 2013
I bought this primarily for it's looks – I have to confess that. That being said, the sound quality could have been better. The tonal range and clarity is quite disappointing, and I felt like the device was struggling with almost any media thrown at it. For the price, I could definitely have bought better-sounding headphone, maybe more comfortables ones as well.
on 16 August 2014
Before buying these, I had SkullCandy headphones. The Phillips I think are so much better than my previous ones.
The sound quality is amazing, the bass is very clear and they are very comfortable to wear,

For the price too, you can't go wrong.
on 31 December 2013
These headphones are so comfortable on the ears and over the head. They are very lightweight and are very durable. Only downside is the cable sometimes gets tangled. Better than BEATS by any day!!