on 25 October 2010
I have purchased quite a few docking stations over the last few years and this is just amazing. I already had the original RDI but thought it was time to treat myself to a new one. The first RDI fitted in nicely both in size and look so an upgrade I thought was a natural step forward.

All I can say is WOW. They seemed to have taken everything that was great about the first RDI, added to it and made it much better.

Firstly, the sound is unbelievable. The top end sounds are so clear and crisp, backed up with the booming sub that really packs a punch. The volume control is responsive and gives a gradual increase from quiet up to the top (very loud) sound. Intempo have changed the front display from buttons to a touch panel which makes it look so much more stylish and sleek. It just sits in really well with the rest of my equipment. The backlight is adjustable so if you wanted this to just blend into the background, it can be dimmed or made brighter at the touch of a button.

It is compatible with iphone 4 (which is one of the main reasons I bought it) as well as my old ipod touch and the aux port so that all mp3 players can be connected up. The remote gives you total control as you would expect.

This is the 3rd Intempo dock I have bought for myself and I can safely say that this is the best one yet, and better than all of the other docks that my friends have!
on 2 November 2010
I have been looking for a docking station for my ipod touch for a while now. I didn't want to spend too much on it but i also didn't want a cheap one that would break easily. After looking at the specifications for a few docks, i narrowed it down to 2, the rdi 2 being one. It was a tad more than i wanted to spend, but in comparison to the other on my list, this seemed the better value for the money.

I was extremely satisfied when i recieved the dock. The style is very smart and fits in well with other things surrounding it. The instructions were very easy to understand. The sound is excellent, very clear, even with high volume!

I would definitely recommend this produt to friends, and will be looking at intempo products in the future.
on 23 December 2011
Had 2 of these, they last about a year before they will breakdown. When they work they really are good, but the unit knows when the warranty ends and then dies.

I've asked intempo about repairing it but it's just too expensive, so I'm looking for a replacement that doesn't come from these people. If they spend a bit more on parts it would be worth their while, otherwise they will be out of business soon
44 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 December 2011
Bought in March 2011 - after a few weeks the radio just cut out and the system reset - did this a few times and then seemed ok then halfway through a program a few weeks ago it just kept on tripping out every 3 minutes - more like a power failure thatn a reset as the whole system went dead for a few seconds. Tried a hardware reset, as suggested by Intempo support, but it didn't make any difference

Such a shame as I bought an original RDI and not only was it a great little unit but it's still going strong (I bought this one for my study - so not often used and still managed to fail

I did contact Intempo support, who were very good, and then contacted Amazon for a refund - who have also been very easy to deal with.

So a bit of a dud but 5 stars to Amazon for the easy return proceedure.
on 1 February 2011
There has been some mixed reviews of this product but I was really heartened by the response from Intempo themselves. I took the plunge and purchased this for my wife for Christmas and I must say that it is excellent in every way.

The sound quality is superb and the dock works perfectly with my wife's ipod nano and my brand new iphone4. The remote control function impressed me because it seems to work from a great distance away and you don't even need to point it in the direction of the dock.

This has to be the best quality and priced ipod dock which also has DAB function.
on 2 October 2011
When I got this item I was pleased with it, it played music well and had man great features. But eventually it broke down after a year and I replaced it for a new one but that also broke down I ordered 1 more but yet again it broke down. I was quite unhappy but the company said they would fix them for me so we'lkl see what happens.
on 28 September 2011
This ipod dock with DAB and FM radio is great. I am most impressed with the sound quality. It really pumps out your music and remains distortion free right up to the maximum. It is really simple to use with an "it just works" feel to it. I use it all the time now, and as a consequence, for the first time ever I have run out of podcasts to listen to. Hmph.

3 months later...

OH dear. The lcd screen stopped working. Amazon told me to contact Intempo. I did, they weren't interested. Amazon replaced the unit. EXACTLY the same thing happened to the new one within 2 or 3 weeks.

I sent it back to Amazon for a refund, the guy on the phone said he would take it off the website. Guess he was lying cos it is still here.
on 29 September 2012
Bought the Intempo RDi02 in July 11 - it looked the part and was great little unit - very happy. Then today (14 months after purchasing it) - it's died on us. I did replace the fuse and tried another lead - no joy. Logged onto Amazon to look at replacements as we are past the warranty - I was also going to look for a web site to get some advice from manufacturer, but having read all the 1 star reviews it seems this is a common problem and I am not going to bother wasting my time. Not impressed at the life span and will avoid Intempo products in future. Shame as the unit was perfect until today- and gone from a 5 star to 1 star in an instant!
on 2 December 2010
Intempo Digital RDI-02 Speaker Dock for iPhone and iPod

In brief: excellent sound (50 watts), oh-so-simple set up with the DAB radio self-tuning as soon as it was switched on and there are all the stations I need. The design is great; it's not over-big (I don't have much room) and it looks very neat and sleek on my cupboard. The touch button controls work well and the visual display is clear with an option to dim the backlight on it. The remote control works fine from a across the room and at odd angles!

Only one negative: needs a longer power lead.

Amazon have reduced the price of this item now making it an even better buy (I got a free lower spec docking system as a free gift, so I suppose that evens it out.) Would definitely recommend.
on 16 May 2011
I brought the Intempo Digital RDi-02 as a birthday present for my 12year old for use with her ipod touch gen 4. This did everything it promised. You have the choice with backlight brightness or no light (apart from buttons). DAB radio is clear with no interferance.

The remote is very cool, added functions include sleep timer, 90 minutes downwards. Easy to use (I still haven't read them!) My daughter is very pleased with it and I'm wishing I kept it for myself.