5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too
Ellen Hopkins does it again! Another page-turning book by this amazing author!

This is a story filled with drugs, promiscuity, and sexual abuse. Not for those that are easily offended or may have issues with the content. That being said, if you can handle the mature content, the book surely will not disappoint.

Kaeleigh and Raeanne are identical...
Published on 26 Aug 2008 by TeensReadToo

3.0 out of 5 stars Written in verse
The premise of this book is fairly common. Teenage problems are dealt with in detail and there are a number that are mentioned in this book. The book is written in verse which is common for this author.

Published 5 months ago by Sam Arnold

5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, 26 Aug 2008
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Identical (Hardcover)
Ellen Hopkins does it again! Another page-turning book by this amazing author!

Kaeleigh and Raeanne are identical twins. But beyond the external comparison, internally Kaeleigh and Raeanne are as different as night and day. One twin is the apple of their father's eye. The other twin wonders why her father doesn't love her the same way.

One twin dares to defy their father's rules. Running around with the wrong crowd. Toking up during school hours. Trading sex for favors.

The other twin is the goody-two-shoes. Gets great grades. Is the lead in the high school musical. Has a great guy that loves her.

How could the two girls be so different? It all stems back to "the accident." No one will talk about what happened the night their father drank too much and caused the fatal accident. But ever since that night, things have been far from perfect.

Their mother has basically abandoned the family with ambitions of running for Congress. But could it be she's running from them? Their father forbids any of them to speak to his parents. A secret from his past never to be revealed, at least by him. And his love for one of the girls. A love that no father should share with his own child.

Keeping everything to themselves, the girls are on a course for self-destruction. Somehow, they must come to terms with everything since the accident, and possibly trust those that want to help them. But the secrets can't be revealed to outsiders, can they?

Ms. Hopkins tells her story beautifully. Weaving between sisters, she uses the same key words to blend the thoughts of the two together. Ms. Hopkins writes in free verse. At first the pages may not look like much, but upon reading the words written in the designs, the story unfolds and the pictures the words create give more meaning behind the thoughts. The story builds to a powerful crescendo and the ending comes as a surprise as the inner workings of the two girls are revealed.

Don't let the length of this book put you off. It's an addicting read that will find you thinking to yourself, "just one more page." Before you know it, the story has drawn you in and you are hooked until the final page. Ms. Hopkins' is a great author for those teens that are hesitant or resistant to reading. The story moves quickly, and the topics are those that most authors would be afraid to broach. She speaks honestly and openly to teens, who may come away that much more aware of the world that surrounds them.

Reviewed by: Jaglvr

3.0 out of 5 stars Written in verse, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Identical (Paperback)

I started by finding this way of writing very refreshing. As the book progressed however I hoped for more in-depth prose. Even though this book is shorter than some with written word you find that you still get to know the characters well. The story was engaging and the twist was excellent at the end of the book.

I enjoyed this book and will definitely look up more by this author although I am not immediately drawn to read everything by her in the next month.

4.0 out of 5 stars Xmas present, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Identical (Paperback)
My daughter has just ask me for these books for Xmas, she has read one of her books and asked for the rest. She really seems to enjoy em

5.0 out of 5 stars Before you go, 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: Identical (Kindle Edition)
Oh God this book is absolutely amazing!! Sometimes it's difficult to tell the different story lines but it completely made sense at the end. I got very emotional because to me it felt as if the characters were real and bravo to Ellen Hopkins because that last few chapters were like WOW!

So yeah amazing work from Ellen Hopkins I strongly recommend this book

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed, not a thriller in the usual sense but a poem!, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Identical (Kindle Edition)
I purchased this book after reading the product description expecting to receive a psychological thriller, what I got instead was a very long poem. I really can't believe that nowhere in the product description does it state that the entire story is written in verse.

I truly feel conned by Amazon, if I had wanted to read a poem I would have looked for a book on poems.

UDATE;
On the upside, due to purchasing this book I wrote my first ever review on amazon. I now regularly review my purchases, as I feel it is important to give an honest and accurate opinion to aid other potential consumers and thus hopefully prevent them from making the same mistake as I did, when purchasing this book!

Another point to remember also, is that if you make the same mistake as me, it is possible to get a refund for a kindle download and that the book will be removed electronically from your device.

4.0 out of 5 stars gift, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Identical (Paperback)
As this is a gift I haven't read the book myself and therefore cannot review it. Nothing else to say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Words Cannot Describe!!, 12 Mar 2011
This review is from: Identical (Hardcover)
I heard about this on, of all places, twitter so I thought I'd google it to find out a little more about it.... I was very intrigued by the writing style and unusual story line so thought I'd give it a go:) I read it in 2 days! I have never read anything like it! Incredible story, fabulously written and new, original idea:) I can't put it across how good it was- The only thing I can tell you without fail is BUY IT!!!!! NOWWWWW:) you'll not regret it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Odd, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Identical (Paperback)
It's written out like poems would be written and quite difficult to get to grips with.. I didn't find it a pleasant read as of this, I like to simply read a story

Identical