5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!
Published on 28 Jan. 2012 by Lesley

2.0 out of 5 stars Wish I hadn't bothered buying it. If they hadn't ...
Wish I hadn't bothered buying it. If they hadn't used Spock's name a few times you'd never know it was Star Trek.
Published 1 month ago by S T

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, 28 Jan. 2012
Lesley (Thanes Valley) - See all my reviews
I would have to say that this is just about the best Star Trek original novel that I have read, and, back in the day, I bought them all as soon as they came out. This is one that I have reread numerous times, and enjoyed just as much every time. I actually popped over now to purchase this book again as it's been several years since I have read it and my original copy is in storage far away in America. I thought it would be a fun read on my upcoming holiday.

The plot is very clever and the characterisations are very well done. This book is actually a crossover with a very old American TV series that I watched when I was young, called "Here Come The Brides". I won't bore you here with a description of the premise of the series as that can be researched online if you are interested. What I find amazing is that this author has taken such a completely different type of series and meshed it so well into the Star Trek universe.

One interesting little bit of trivia between the two series is that Mark Lenard, who played Spock's father Sarek in Star Trek also portrayed a character in "Here Come The Brides" - and this fact is ultimately related to a very nifty little plot point in the book.

Well worth reading - there is a good plot and you will be entertained.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a brilliant story, 17 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Ishmael (Star Trek: The Original Series Book 23) (Kindle Edition)
I first read this book when it came out in paperback many years ago. I couldn't resist buying it again, this time for my Kindle, as I remember enjoying the story so much.

The plot runs along two lines; one in Seattle on Earth in the 19th Century, the other in the familiar Star Trek period. They are centuries apart but the future depends very much on what takes place in the past.

I don't want to spoil the story so I won't go into the plot at all. Suffice to say this novel should delight not only ST fans but anyone who relishes a well-told tale, with great characters and a genuinely emotional ending.

In my view the best Star Trek novel ever written.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant Star Trek Novel, 10 Aug. 2006
This is one of the best Star Trek novels I have read to date. The story follows the life of Commander Spock when he escapes into Earth's past after being taken prisoner by the Klingons. Entering 19th Century America bereft of his memories and identity, he is taken in by locals and must make his way as an alien amongst humans whilst trying to recover his shattered body and mind. This book is an unusual gem in the Trek novel canon. Brilliant characterisation, well written and a wonderful 'Spock' story for all his fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad read., 26 Jan. 2015
Interesting premise if a bit slow in places. I did find myself skimming through the less interesting parts *hangs head in shame*.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wish I hadn't bothered buying it. If they hadn't ..., 24 May 2015