on 28 December 2012
Initially, I gave this product 1 star. The adaptor that came with the product did not fit/work. You will need to buy a European to UK Adaptor EU to UK Plug Adaptor around (£4.49) for it to work.

Here is my follow-up review.

5 stars. If you have afro hair, this is the hair dryer for you. My previous hairdryer a Wahl Afro PowerPik Hair Dryer 1250W with Pik Attachment stopped working and also the comb attachment kept on falling off when drying my hair. It dries the hair quickly & without the need to straighten your hair with curling tongs afterwards. It's a bit pricey but worth it.
44 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 March 2014
I seriously recommend the Braun Satin Hair dryer yes it is £48 but trust me it is well worth the investment,especially for how the brush and comb attachments click and lock onto the end of the hairdryer... you will wish you found this years ago, my hair is a joy to do now (my hair is natural Afro medium texture, has`nt been relaxed in 3 years plus), it`s a joy not to have to deal with the Afro comb falling off every second...., a little tip use it in conjunction with the Elasta Qp olive oil and mango butter, for those with Afro hair, great for ends, oiling scalp and for before you blow dry, apply it and use with this hair dryer...........

Its` the best hair dryer I have ever used, although it looks as though its for European hair only, the attachments ie comb and brush are amazing as I said before, unlike the Afro combs on other hairdryers which just drop off. I do wish the hair comb was slightly longer (but to be honest it still does the job well, fast and the heat is brilliant on this hairdryer), Overall it does straighten your hair somewhat also, as though it`s half way between having being blowdryed and straightened with GHD`s. Lastly to note it comes with an adaptor as its a foreign plug, you have to fiddle to get the foreign plug into the adapter, take your time, slot it in, it does work, take your time with clicking and attaching the brush or comb in also, click it in check the grooves are alligned and twist them and when your here it lock into place your away.........
on 6 January 2011
This product is shipped from Germany so takes a bit of time but it's worth the wait. The comb attachment glides easily through so no more messing with a hairdryer and brush to straighten my afro-caribbean hair.
Fitted with a European plug but a converter is supplied in the box.
on 24 December 2013
I bought this item for my partner as her old hairdryer had had its day. I was looking for a replacment that was primarily of superior build to other more commonly available hairdryers.

To look at this hairdryer does not leap out as matching that pre-requisite. However, after the first use, my partner was thoroughly impressed with the product. The comb attachment appears quite flimsy, but is surprising very strong. Not that is has to be as she was able to comb through her hair with the greatest of ease.

The temperature control settings on the dryer were also much better than other models and resulted in an excellent finish for my partners hair.

I would recommend this product to people of all hair types.

As strong as the comb attachment is, I would imagine that a replacement attachment could be required at some point down the road. Therefore, it would be useful to have details on how these can be purchased.
on 1 October 2013
Im so glad to have a hairdryer again that works for my hair it straightens like no other ! Its easy to use & the best dryer ive ever had , even on my daughters long natural afro hair its fab !!! Going to invest in another one as back up .... you never know & I would hate to be without it !!! Delivery was much quicker than expected & a plug adapter was also included so im a very happy bunny :-D
on 11 February 2013
I bought this to replace the Wahl hairdryer as I got fed up of having to replace the afro pick.

The hairdryer is sturdy, reliable and has 3 handy attachments a comb, a brush and a concentrator.
It also contained clear instructions and the filter is cleanable.

This is suitable for all hairtypes including Afro Carribean hair.

This also arrived with a UK adaptor, which is handy.

I have very short afro hair and using this hairdryer was a breeze. I'd highly recommend and won't be using Wahl again - purely because of quality of the attachments.
on 23 February 2013
lightweight my other hair dryers are heavy and bulky, bonus 3 heat settings my other hair dyer only has 2 get hot quick straightens my afro hair fast my other hair-dryer took about 2 hours takes about 20mins lots of accessories that actually work and don't fall of the hair-dryer attachment can be repositioned 2 year guarantee most only come with 1 years, can be used with any handed person i am left handed and find that most hair-dryers require me to use my right hand, this one can be suited for any hand person.
on 7 November 2012
This is a light weight hair drier that gives my relaxed hair excellent drying results, soft and straight. I use it with the comb attachment shown in the illustration, but it also comes with 2 other attachments - a concentrator and a brush attachment. It was shipped from Germany but came with EU to UK adaptor.
on 27 June 2014
I bought this for the comb attachment as I have an afro and unfortunately, it broke the first time I used it. However, aside from this it was a great hairdryer more generally and more importantly, L4RGE gave me a full refund (including postage and packaging) without hesitation. So, although the product didn't work for me, it and the company are definitely worth a look.
on 27 February 2014
Does a good job of detangling my hair. Very light weight and has a removable filter so that I can remove trapped hairs. Has cool shot and revolving chord, I love it.