5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Satin Hair 5 HD 550
Initially, I gave this product 1 star. The adaptor that came with the product did not fit/work. You will need to buy a European to UK Adaptor EU to UK Plug Adaptor around (4.49) for it to work.

Here is my follow-up review.

5 stars. If you have afro hair, this is the hair dryer for you. My previous hairdryer a Wahl Afro PowerPik Hair Dryer 1250W...
Published 19 months ago by PRJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job
Its an excellent product and love the fact that my hair dries quickly but the problem with it is that the comb is not as long as the one on the Wahl hairdryer.
Published 8 months ago by saada ssali

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)
Does a good job of detangling my hair. Very light weight and has a removable filter so that I can remove trapped hairs. Has cool shot and revolving chord, I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant hair dryer, 23 Jun 2013
v palmer (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)
This product is brilliant. Dries hair quickly and straight. You can even hold the nozzle for a better grip (occasionally needed) as it doesn't get hot. Definitely worth buying. It has revolutionized my hair drying experience. I have 4c relaxed thick past shoulder length hair so the drying experience used to be long. Therefore, i very rarely used a hair dryer but really like the 'straight hair' look over the 'air dry' look.
The comb is wide enough not to put stress on the hair but dries it straight enough to not require a hot hair straightener.

3.0 out of 5 stars disapointed, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)
I purchased this to use on my 2 daughters who have afro hair, the reviews were great so I purchased it. However I have not yet been able to use it due to the plug not working with the attached one for English use from a European plug, and I cannot find another one at the moment. So this made me disappointed with the product in general because the plug should have worked considering it was not cheap to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hairdryer, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)
I have "afro" hair and was searching for a new hairdryer with comb attachment for ages, found this one and it is great, the comb attachment takes a little longer to dry the hair, but it also somes with a brush attachment which is excellent and dry's hair to a smooth finish, there is also a cold air button for if you do not want hot heat and it is quite quiet as haridryers go - would reccommend this product. Also came with a uk plug converter as the lead is for a European plug socket

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Satin Hair 5, 5 Mar 2012
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)
Excellent hairdryer, the only type that works for me. Was worried I would not be able to find one again, but am so relieved they are still available. Quicker delivery than expected, so overall very pleased.

1.0 out of 5 stars All the prongs of the comb broke off after one ..., 10 July 2014
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)
All the prongs of the comb broke off after one use as it it had been in storage too long before purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Though would give a go as I do not like the wahl one as hasn't moved with the times ..., 7 July 2014
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)
brought this as I have afro mixed race hair and it has all the gongs for being careful with hair isonics and the rest - and has a pick. Though would give a go as I do not like the wahl one as hasn't moved with the times and - be gentle with hair!
That said, it is ok but the pick could be much better (that is the only thing walh does better and not worth the risk to my hair). The Toni & Guy hairdryer I did like and their pick is good but seems to break along the whole dryer quite easily.
overall, wouldn't return it, worthwhile if want an up to date kind to hair hairdryer with accessories including a pick. Oh, I did have to return one as 2 pin plug didn't fit into the plug, and had to return the whole thing rather than just send me a new plug...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great..., 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)
Great hair dryer, light weight good for natural curly even 4a, with small sections. Comb heads very steady but teeth a bit flimsy when hot so need care. Great service from Amazon. I will recommend it...

2.0 out of 5 stars Great hairdryer - just not for my hair, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)
I bought this for the comb attachment as I have an afro and unfortunately, it broke the first time I used it. However, aside from this it was a great hairdryer more generally and more importantly, L4RGE gave me a full refund (including postage and packaging) without hesitation. So, although the product didn't work for me, it and the company are definitely worth a look.

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)
Bought to replace my Braun Control Shaper, the HD550 is much bigger and, consequently, difficult to use to dry/shape hair on the back of the head. For someone who needs to use a hairdryer with a brush attachment, it is a great shame that the Control Shaper is no longer on the market.

Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550