5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Satin Hair 5 HD 550
Initially, I gave this product 1 star. The adaptor that came with the product did not fit/work. You will need to buy a European to UK Adaptor EU to UK Plug Adaptor around (4.49) for it to work.

Here is my follow-up review.

Published 18 months ago by PRJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job
Its an excellent product and love the fact that my hair dries quickly but the problem with it is that the comb is not as long as the one on the Wahl hairdryer.
Published 8 months ago by saada ssali

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Satin Hair 5 HD 550, 28 Dec 2012
PRJ (SURREY United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)

Here is my follow-up review.

5 stars. If you have afro hair, this is the hair dryer for you. My previous hairdryer a Wahl Afro PowerPik Hair Dryer 1250W with Pik Attachment stopped working and also the comb attachment kept on falling off when drying my hair. It dries the hair quickly & without the need to straighten your hair with curling tongs afterwards. It's a bit pricey but worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Braun Satin HD550 Satin Hair 5, 6 Jan 2011
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)
This product is shipped from Germany so takes a bit of time but it's worth the wait. The comb attachment glides easily through so no more messing with a hairdryer and brush to straighten my afro-caribbean hair.
Fitted with a European plug but a converter is supplied in the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Satin Hair HD 550, 7 Nov 2012
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)
This is a light weight hair drier that gives my relaxed hair excellent drying results, soft and straight. I use it with the comb attachment shown in the illustration, but it also comes with 2 other attachments - a concentrator and a brush attachment. It was shipped from Germany but came with EU to UK adaptor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item, 24 Dec 2013
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)
I bought this item for my partner as her old hairdryer had had its day. I was looking for a replacment that was primarily of superior build to other more commonly available hairdryers.

To look at this hairdryer does not leap out as matching that pre-requisite. However, after the first use, my partner was thoroughly impressed with the product. The comb attachment appears quite flimsy, but is surprising very strong. Not that is has to be as she was able to comb through her hair with the greatest of ease.

The temperature control settings on the dryer were also much better than other models and resulted in an excellent finish for my partners hair.

I would recommend this product to people of all hair types.

As strong as the comb attachment is, I would imagine that a replacement attachment could be required at some point down the road. Therefore, it would be useful to have details on how these can be purchased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hairdryer, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)
I have "afro" hair and was searching for a new hairdryer with comb attachment for ages, found this one and it is great, the comb attachment takes a little longer to dry the hair, but it also somes with a brush attachment which is excellent and dry's hair to a smooth finish, there is also a cold air button for if you do not want hot heat and it is quite quiet as haridryers go - would reccommend this product. Also came with a uk plug converter as the lead is for a European plug socket

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 9 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)
Im so glad to have a hairdryer again that works for my hair it straightens like no other ! Its easy to use & the best dryer ive ever had , even on my daughters long natural afro hair its fab !!! Going to invest in another one as back up .... you never know & I would hate to be without it !!! Delivery was much quicker than expected & a plug adapter was also included so im a very happy bunny :-D

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, 29 Mar 2013
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)
I liked this hair dryer, very powerful and the hair feels silky soft. However, I had to return the dryer due to the teeth started falling out on the comb attachment on the third use. I am now awaiting a replacement, hopefully the attachment will be durable for many years to come. At this price I do expect longevity.

4.0 out of 5 stars braun stain hair 5 hd, 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)
lightweight my other hair dryers are heavy and bulky, bonus 3 heat settings my other hair dyer only has 2 get hot quick straightens my afro hair fast my other hair-dryer took about 2 hours takes about 20mins lots of accessories that actually work and don't fall of the hair-dryer attachment can be repositioned 2 year guarantee most only come with 1 years, can be used with any handed person i am left handed and find that most hair-dryers require me to use my right hand, this one can be suited for any hand person.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Hair dryer, 11 Feb 2013
Ms. V. M. Murray "From the UK" (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Braun Satin Hair 5 Hairdryer HD550 (Personal Care)
I bought this to replace the Wahl hairdryer as I got fed up of having to replace the afro pick.

The hairdryer is sturdy, reliable and has 3 handy attachments a comb, a brush and a concentrator.
It also contained clear instructions and the filter is cleanable.

This is suitable for all hairtypes including Afro Carribean hair.

This also arrived with a UK adaptor, which is handy.

I have very short afro hair and using this hairdryer was a breeze. I'd highly recommend and won't be using Wahl again - purely because of quality of the attachments.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›