4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely lightens!
Published 20 months ago by l3mmy

affordible price
-cleanses hair ok
Published 1 month ago by j r davies

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely lightens!, 3 Nov. 2013
This review is from: John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo 250ml (Personal Care)
I purchased this shampoo with the conditioner the day I had a full set of highlights put in my very dark hair. All I can say is after a week or two of using it every other day I have noticed a great difference, even the darker bits of my hair that weren't highlighted have lightened and my hair is more of a natural, even colour. I've had more highlights since and I'm going to continue using this product because I'm convinced it works. I can't comment on how it affects the condition of your hair though because my hairs rough and tangly when it's wet due to bleaching anyway and I have nothing to compare it to since having my hair bleached, but it seems absolutely fine and healthy once it's dried. Definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gone Blonder, 4 Aug. 2014
I have dark blonde hair and this shampoo helps me achieve a lighter colour result. Perfect for the summertime.
I've been using this shampoo once a week, for over a year now, its my favourite!
I use it with the conditioner and the lightening spray for best results.
I have long hair, which i take good care of, and have not noticed any breakage.
Will continue to buy and use.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 18 July 2014
Was very suprised with this product not only does it actually make my hair blonder (as i have dark blonde hair) it makes it really soft and shiny aswell. I'd definetly reccomend if you want a lighter tone of blonde to your hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works so well!, 2 Oct. 2014
Love this, smells amazing and makes my hair so so soft - it's naturally dark brown with caramel and blonder highlights.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is what you need to buy! right now, go on buy it! if you don't you're crazy, 11 May 2012
Okay so I'm 18 and female with a full head of highlights, damaged hair that has been dyed blonde from black TWICE this year and 6 bleachings in total. I was wary of this product but NO HYDROGEN PEROXIDE so I slapped it on a few days after it went blonde (by the hairdresser) and oh my goodness there was a straight away brighter tone to my hair. It does absolutely no damage, if anything it puts the condition back into your hair.

I use it every 2-4 days with every single time I wash my hair and it makes it look lighter, brighter and a nicer blonde. NOT brassy or yellow in anyway shape or form. It will not turn your hair white or lighten brown so please don't expect it to work wonders. My hair is bleached to a natural dirty blonde but this really brings out the colour in it. It smells okay too and it's bright yellow in colour!

The only problem I have is that although the bottle is quite large and lasts about 7-8 weeks if not more (I don't use loads)it is a high price for shampoo. I'm sure it would work better if I were to use the go blonder conditioner too which I plan to but alone it makes a serious difference.
(Note: don't pair this with the colour renew tone corrector it will make your hairs colour go duller than it was to begin)

I highly recommend you use this product, it's suitable on all blonde hair it wont damage it just make sure you give your hair a good scrub as it can be a little tough to get out properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, 13 May 2013
Faded my dark patches into lovely golden blonde hair! I love it, especially since I dyed my hair red and the ginger wouldn't go. now it has :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but gradual, 29 Jun. 2013
I've been using this for about a week, and there is some difference, but it's not as quick as I would have liked it. Just remember that when it says gradual, it means gradual!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 5 July 2013
Really nice product that smells great. doesn't lighter hair in any overpowering way just kind of gently highlights it use in conjuction with Go Blonder Lightening Conditioner

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Blonder Shampoo, 27 Dec. 2012
I heard so many things about this shampoo.. Some girls hate it and other love it
Personally I've been using it for years and never had problems with it

3.0 out of 5 stars does what a normal shampoo does, but doesnt lighten very well!, 27 May 2015
overall summary