5.0 out of 5 stars Soooo catchy!
Ok so not everyone loved Here I stand his last album but I personally thought it was a preety good R&B album just not maybe some classic Usher....
Published on 26 April 2010 by Spiky k

3.0 out of 5 stars Good..not great
Published on 3 May 2010 by Mr. Russell C. Witheyman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Soooo catchy!, 26 April 2010
This review is from: Raymond Vs Raymond (Audio CD)
However, I am thinking everyone is going to love Raymond Vs Raymond! OMG has already been a massive no1 hit and listening through the album I try to think which one he will release next, but seriously they are all possibe contenders.
There are some really catchy songs with true Usher style!
Every song on that album is great, no album fillers what so ever in my eyes.
Overal a great album, which after a few plays you will be listening to over and over again

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad i bought the deluxe edition, 15 April 2011
This review is from: Raymond V Raymond [Deluxe Edition] (Audio CD)
Wasn't keen on his last album but after hearing a few songs off this one I decided to purchase. Was a really good price, delivered quickly and there's not a song I dislike. I would definately recommend the deluxe edition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Usher back don't sleep on this album, 27 April 2010
This review is from: Raymond Vs Raymond (Audio CD)
So Confessions was the bench mark but i don't know too many artist that equal or surpass their greatest album, Confessions everything fell into place, he was at a good place in life, happy with himself, with much success, the right people at the right time in his life and it just fell into place but you can't always recapture such greatness. Then he had Here i Stand which after listening to Usher for so long was not his best work but had some nice songs the magic was missing and it was as much to do with his choices in life as it was him trying to live up to Confessions not easy to do. So i scratched that out and use Raymond v Raymond as the follow up album even though to reach Raymond v Raymond he needed to do an album like Here i Stand full of emotion and answering his critics. I certainly am not looking to compare the 2 because much has happened to Usher since Confessions and see it Raymond v Raymond as a new sound, a new Usher and one i'm more happy to listen too than when he put out Here i Stand. What i like most is Usher's writing skills he says things in a way that make it feel like his singing to you and there is no one else there and on this album they are such songs like, Make love into the night, Pro Lover, There goes my Baby and Okay. These are also some great tracks my fav tracks have to be Foolin' around, Make love into the night, There goes my baby, Pro Love, Guilty, OMG which took a while to grow on me but artistically it really is an interesting song and Mars vs Venuse being the true song for me it just captures me in a way that Confessions did, for me is you can play an album all the way through without wanting to skip tracks then you have a complete album tha caputres you everytime you listen to it and this is so for me. I gurantee than you can listen and love at least 6 tracks on this album. Overall i am not disappointed in this Album true Usher fans will not be mad at this album if you set out to compare this to Confessions then yes you will not be happy but if you listen to Ushers songs over the course of his career then you will be very happy. Confessions was the ultimate album therefore i can not give Raymond vs Raymond 5 stars even though this is a great album one which is playable in years to come :)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love usher, 5 July 2010
Xu Jian - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raymond Vs Raymond (Audio CD)
He is the king of R&B this album is better than Here I stand. I love "OMG""Daddy's home""Papers".

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, 21 Jun 2010
R. Perkins - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raymond Vs Raymond (Audio CD)
This is a long album, so I was happy. OMG is my favourite and the first track Monstar. If you like Usher's previous albums you will like this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good..not great, 3 May 2010
This review is from: Raymond Vs Raymond (Audio CD)
In typical Usher fashion some of the tracks that were to be on this album got leaked online and then Usher had to back in the studio to record new tracks,thing is when he does this the new tracks are never as good as the one's leaked!! Several tracks which you can find online are much better than any song on this album..especially tracks like Certified ft Pharrel which is awesome. What we get is an ok collection of songs..theres nothing mind blowing here to be honest. Tracks like OMG, Mars vs venus, Pro Lover etc are quite good but there's far too many that miss the mark. There's a lot better rnb albums out there released in the last year than this one and it pains me to say that as i think Usher is one of the best Rnb artists out there. I just wish he'd let the music speak for itself and not be hasty in rushing out new songs to fulfill deadlines. Worth getting but don't expect to be blown away.

4.0 out of 5 stars Real Track Listing., 5 April 2010
This review is from: USHER-RAYMOND V RAYMOND (Audio CD)
Unlike the last (or first) reviewer I have added the real complete track listing as follows;
1. Monstar
2. Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home)
3. There Goes My Baby
4. Lil Freak" (featuring Nicki Minaj)
5. She Don't Know" (featuring Ludacris)
6. OMG" (featuring will.i.am)
7. Mars vs. Venus
8. Pro Lover
9. Foolin' Around
10. Papers
11. So Many Girls" (featuring P. Diddy)
12. Guilty" (featuring T.I.)
13. Okay
14. Making Love (Into the Night)
Depending on the version you get some have an extra itunes track "More"

The previous reviewer makes the album appear to have 22 tracks, a bargain if true? I have scoured the Internet and found samples of the tracks and first impressions make it seem another winner for the best selling R&B artist.

4.0 out of 5 stars HIT!, 29 May 2010
Ms. L. O'conner "Leo" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raymond Vs Raymond (Audio CD)
If you're anything like me and have bought all of his albums except his last one coz it was bad, don't think this one will be the same, it really isn't. It has been on repeat in my car since I bought it a week ago. It is definately worth buying. It isn't as good as confessions or 8701 but Usher is on his way back up with this one. BUY IT!

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like Usher you won't be dissapointed, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Raymond V Raymond [Deluxe Edition] (Audio CD)
It was bought as a present for an Usher fan and they thoroughly enjoyed it, it was bought for a bargain price too.

3.0 out of 5 stars You have to be a fan to fully appreciate this album, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Raymond V Raymond [Deluxe Edition] (Audio CD)
....and in all honesty i do like Usher's chart stuff hence why i got this for - 'DJ's got us fallin' in love again' and 'More' are the pick of the bunch i feel. Some of the other stuff with Will.i.am and Jay-z is fine filler material but im not so sure about the rest of his work on these 2 discs. Its all a bit slow and self indulgent and is easily skipped through when played in the car and before you know it your swapping CD's within minutes (If your old skool like me and are still happy to actually own something you can touch and all the while resisting the ease of i-pods!!).

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa3c21eac)

Raymond V Raymond [Deluxe Edition]
Raymond V Raymond [Deluxe Edition] by Usher (Audio CD - 2010)