on 13 March 2011
I am very happy with this product. It installs easily and I have no problem
recieving all the freeview channels. On the whole a very good buy.
on 1 May 2011
This set top box is causing me problems.
The box works OK for a while, then switches itself off. Sometime it will recover and come back on, at other times I have to power it off then on again - quite annoying as there is no mains switch on the unit.

I've received a replacement but it has exactly the same fault. I have responded to Currys via Amazon about the second unit asking for a replacement that works, but no joy. So I'm stuck with two set top boxes that keep switching themselves off!
on 11 September 2011
A basic set top box that does "what is says on the tin". It has converted my old analogue portable TV that I was going to throw away into a perfectly working digital TV! You do need to provide your own RF aerial lead and scart lead but for this price it is recommended. [ASIN:B003Y7MBJE currys essentials set top freeview box]
on 15 July 2011
This product is really good and energy efficient as it automatically turns itself off, but u can change it not to turn off...

Bad point is dat the remote interferes with my tv remote so i have to point it directly to the freeview box when im using it or it changes my tv channel or increases my tv volume
on 19 March 2011
Hello, I received my set top freeview box three weeks ago. it is really useful and easy to set.
thou it doesn't come with all the cables needed to install, it was worthing arrange everything along for the price we have here.
it is really useful, and I am enjoying it. thanks.
on 20 October 2011
The product fell short of my expectation. It froze several times and had to be turned off and also the handset conflicted with my tv
on 19 March 2011
this has got to be one of the worst freeview boxes on the market. I bought two (big big big mistake) it turns itself on and off totally at random and even if it stays on it will switch itself off after three hours so it is totally USELESS if you are timer recording anything. I took the units back to currys who gave me new ones but the problems still existed, AVOID AVOID AVOID
on 2 September 2011
The set top box has a very fast download of stations and is very simple to use.
The picture quality is perfect and for the price is exceptionally great value
on 20 February 2012
Does what it says on the box! Easy to install, easy to use and works brilliantly. Don't forget to switch off the automatic shutdown (power saving!)- it can be a bit annoying if you don't, as the set switches off unexpectedly and frequently. Instructions tell you how!currys essentials set top freeview box Great value for money and it has given us more independance, as we're not just restricted to Sky on every tv.
on 27 October 2011
Ordered this from the Amazon web page and as usual the delivery was excellent, and as for the set top box what can you say about something this small and cheap that does exactly what it says on the tin, works perfectly straight out of the box, dead easy,and its physically smaller than I expected to. Its not top of the line but it was only wanted for an old bedroom tv and it does the job fine , no problems.