‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 Oct 2011
Mr. Cd Rogers - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jasper Carrott - Back To The Front Complete [DVD] [1999] (DVD)
This is my Only Jasper Carrott DVD but from what i remember of his comedy this is some of his best work.
I remember it being aired on the TV but i still laugh at this now.
If your looking to see if you enjoy his comedy this is definitally one to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last--a comedy masterpiece available to buy., 2 Sep 2010
Mr. J. Nolan "Johnny" (Watford, Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
One of our best comedians, and one of the best comedy series ever broadcast, is now available. I remember watching this twice on tv and have been waiting a long time to get my hands on it.

Jasper Carrott is incredibly underrated. I guess he never went out of his way to be a celebrity( thank goodness ) and didn't appear on lots of chat shows, but just produced a succession of incredibly high quality programmes over the years.

Back To The Front is I think the pinnacle of his tv work. Others rate things like The Detectives ( that grew out of Canned Carrott)and Carrott Confidential--both great, but the quality of the writing and performing on Back To The Front is quite amazing. It is absolutely hilarious ---and clever.

To get the whole 6 half hour episodes on one DVD is a real treat--and great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Carrott at His Best -- Shame Every Copy of this DVD Has a Small Glitch, 29 May 2012
There are already half a dozen or so reviews that will tell you Jasper Carrott is pure comedy genius, and this is him at his best.

I won't even bother reviewing the programme content, then, because I'd just repeat all the other reviews. Carrott is brilliant -- deserving of a 5 star rating -- we'll leave it at that.

What I will draw your attention to is the fact I now own two copies of this DVD, bought from different sellers and in different conditions (one is brand new, one used). Both the DVDs have read failures on a range of disc sectors, in identical places. I've tried both discs in several drives and they all have problems with the same "place" on the disc. When you play the disc, you'll probably hit a glitch roughly 30-40 seconds into the first episode. How well your player copes with "skipping" over that glitch depends on the player. Put it in your PC and make a disc image, and the process will fail fairly early on.

Now, I'll draw your attention to the fact I said I have two copies and they have an identical glitch -- that is to say, they fail to read at precisely the same sector number(s), as reported by two totally different drives. Even my normal DVD player freezes playback at that exact same point on both copies unless I fast-forward over the glitch. For this to be a fluke is really less likely than winning the lottery on two consecutive occasions. Hence, I suspect there was a glitch in the glass master when these discs were manufactured, i.e. every single copy is affected. It's only a small glitch, so maybe you'll live with it. But if you're thinking about returning it because of that glitch, bear in mind it seems every single copy is affected.

Clearly, somebody in Quality Assurance wasn't paying attention on that day.

Having said all that, once you get past the first 45 seconds of episode one (where the glitch is), you're in for nearly three hours of quality Carrott. Don't worry, if you're good a fast-forwarding over glitches in DVDs, or your DVD player is good at skipping them itself, you probably won't miss much.

I guess the only real snag is you *might* have problems storing a copy of the DVD on your HE/HT system's hard disk for convenient access if that's what you like to do with all your DVDs/etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Carrott..., 17 April 2012
J. Osborne (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Great viewing. The disc we received has a slight fault at the beginning so we had to fast track past the first sketch. However, the rest of the disc was perfect and is typical Jasper Carrott crammed full of laughs. A good buy, although if your disc has the same fault, it may well be worth returning!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jasper Carrott's Back to the Front, 12 July 2011
Mr. Alan Nash "Alan" (Woodford, UK) - See all my reviews
Low price, high in laughs. Jasper is one of the best stand up comics, without the use of too many 4 letter words. Six excellent 30 min shows on one disk.

5.0 out of 5 stars More please!!!, 10 Jun 2011
We so enjoyed this DVD and hope to buy more as he is one of the best comedy turns in this country but has not been on telly for so long it beggars belief and people soon forget. So it is great that he has DVD's and CD's out for our entertainment. I hope he keeps making them and I am wondering why Richard Digance has not followed suit. Both are great stand-up comedians and you are always guaranteed a good laugh. Thank you Jasper and Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 10 Jan 2011
Everything I hoped for and pleasantly surprised that it was as good as I remember. I do wish Jasper was still doing live shows and TV rather than boring Quiz games! Well done would recommend - so rare now to get something that really makes you laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars jasper carrott best piece of comedy ever, 9 Dec 2010
I have waited over ten years for this dvd and its well worth it.i remember watching this on bbc as a weekly show bout 12 years ago and i couldnt wait to get my hands on it.However if u already have the jasper carrot live at the nia in birmingham then bout 80% of the jokes are on there..but dont let it stop u buying this dvd i think there is alot more to it than the live at the nia one. if ur a jasper fan u will love this dvd its quite easily his best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 15 Jan 2014
Highly recommended. Lots of laughter and good old fashioned comedy from a top drawer comic. Couldn't stop laughing. Great if you need a good laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars jasper carrot, 8 Jan 2014
Mrs. S. Craven "sc" (britain) - See all my reviews
jasper carrot back to the front complete dvd 1999,for all of you that like humer,you will love this/ i love it.mrs s.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›